• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Shuma! have you ever played the games? because when your playing you can see that its a green colour canon! OMFG why do you lot hate Prime anyways? it the second best Metroid game! you cant say the zero mission was better than prime... because then we know you just hate it.

Ahh ok FTB just wanted to clear that up.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
(Couldn't get past the first level >.<)

Yhea they suck about as much as your judgment of what sucks.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Okay, I can agree with that. BUT, it isn't a hybrid, it is just the Zero Mission suit. NOT a Prime hybrid or whatever you're calling it. The people who made Zero Mission may have designed the suit with Prime in mind, but Sakurai didn't. Do you see what I am talking about though? The Samus in Brawl shouldn't be referred to or related to in any way with the Prime Samus, as it is modeled purely after the Zero Mission one.
I know SSBB samus is based on MZM, yet the MZM is based on a modified prime varia suit, so seeing how MZM has the prime properties, its a hybrid, and since SSBB is using the hybrid its indeed a hybrid...

seriously this is gettin ridicoulous, ridley fans are fighting against each other!! think, what would ridley do?!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I know SSBB samus is based on MZM, yet the MZM is based on a modified prime varia suit, so seeing how MZM has the prime properties, its a hybrid, and since SSBB is using the hybrid its indeed a hybrid...

seriously this is gettin ridicoulous, ridley fans are fighting against each other!! think, what would ridley do?!
Again, you overlooked what I said and took it out of context. SSBB designers did not take Prime into consideration when they designed Samus. ZM designers did, however. But, that doesn't make the Brawl Samus modeled after the Prime Samus in any way.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
"What would... Jesus do"

Quote from the Simpson's...

Er... yhea Ridley's Zero mission look was much better than his others!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
All this talk reminds me...
*Searches drawers*
That I actually own Zero Mission... Friend gave it to me a while back but I never played it that much.. Ever..
*starts playing*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pff, like it matters what suit Samus is wearing. Ridley is going to destroy it in Brawl anyhow.

Ridley for Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Again, you overlooked what I said and took it out of context. SSBB designers did not take Prime into consideration when they designed Samus. ZM designers did, however. But, that doesn't make the Brawl Samus modeled after the Prime Samus in any way.
I get what ur saying, Brawl designers never tought of prime, thus they use the MZM, but even if they DIDNT think about using prime properties, they did, cause the MZM is using it...

ok seriously this ends, lets not anger ridley...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ridley's having his dinner at the moment so he wouldn't bother viewing this thread... especially not when we are talking about Samus Aran!

Hmmm... i might try to make a custom bounty hunter XD give me a few years -.-

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan

He would burninate (basically) his companions that annoy him, even if this the ridley thread, we souldn't try to be like him completely, we would get no where, plus he burninates wanna bes.

Is this the new samus' suit in brawl thread? lol

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok... so the suit has lights, the zero mission have lights, metroid prime has lights. what's your point?

That the suit has lights means nothing, it's the only similarity beetween the two.

Also, i think we all agree that the MP suit is horrible.

Shuma! have you ever played the games? because when your playing you can see that its a green colour canon! OMFG why do you lot hate Prime anyways? it the second best Metroid game! you cant say the zero mission was better than prime... because then we know you just hate it.
I've played the games, every single metroid game minus metroid II, Metroid Prime is a good game, but the 2d metroid games are way better, why do you think japan hates MP?

And no, i don't hate Metroid Prime, i think YOU hate the 2d metroid games, and it's not the second best metroid game, let's see Super Metroid is the best, then Zero mission, then Prime is not the second best, and let's not forget about Fusion.

And about Fusion, anyone has the Sa-X sprite, maybe it has lights on it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I love the 2d games, and the 3d games equally, since the 2d games are very addicting, and I just love the prime series...

anyway japanese dont like FPS period, if the prime series were a side scroller it would be a diferent story... and seriously the varia suit is not that diferent, it just had more lights, and a diferent visor...

I for one love the prime suits, theyre all very awesome...

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
The thing I like about the 2D games over the Primes is that they have a lot more opportunities to sequence break etc. I hope Nintendo doesn't tamper with the VC version of Super Metroid for that reason.

Shuma

Smash Hero
and seriously the varia suit is not that diferent, it just had more lights, and a diferent visor...

I for one love the prime suits, theyre all very awesome...
And the giant spikes on her knees and the gigantic shoulders(they're smaller in the 2d games, look closely).

Although i've seen a good suit in Prime, the light suit, tht was pwnage.

And i doo like the 3d Metroids, but the 2d games are better you can't deny it. Of course, MP has Dark Samus, so it's alright.

Stryks

Smash Hero

seriously I dont see much diference, only thing is the extra light,s diferent visor, chest and helmet... if naything MP2 samus has more detail... which is good...

and who doesnt love the light suit seriously, thats unique written all over it...

only mp1 had over exagerated giant shoulde rpads, see the MP3 preview, theyre way smaller, and cmon just because of the knee spikes??
yes 2d are awesome, but I like them as much as 3d, IDC... dark samus and ridley ftw...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wow, guys...um....I sure picked a good day to be AWOL, I guess...

I'm a little worried about Ridley now... He looked the way he did in Melee because, Super Metroid was the last Metroid game since then so that's all he had to go off of. But now with the Prime series and it's Meta-Ridley... You don't think Sakurai might use Meta-Ridley instead do you?

It might make since to them since the Prime series is more recent, thus Meta-Ridley might be more recognizable to some people...

Ack, don't screw this up Sakurai. >.<

(Not that Meta-Ridley is bad or anything.. it's just that I think the classic Ridley would be better.)
Sakurai likes the classics anyway. I wouldn't see him using the Meta Ridley...I'm not even sure how that would work anyway. It's basically just Ridley with metallic armor attached. I see no reason why he'd go do the trouble of adding metallic armor...

I KNOW its the zero suit, but the Zero suit is modeled from the prime suit, so its kinda 50/50, prime was the 1st to use lights on the chest and shoulder pads in the varia suit...
Um, allow me to introduce the transitive property:

If a=b and b=c, then a=c. Thus, if Brawl Suit=Prime Suit and Prime Suit= Zero Suit, then Prime Suit = Zero Suit...
I'm not sure what the point of all of this is anyway...

1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid: Prime
3. Metroid: Fusion
4. Metroid: Zero Mission
5. Metroid
6. Metroid II: Return of Samus
7. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
8. Metroid Prime: Hunters
9: Metroid Prime: Pinball
I agree, but I'd actually rank Echoes above Metroid 2 and probably the original, too, just because I sucked at it so bad.

I hate the Prime games. They suck.

And I'll say it again, Ridley would be badass if he looked like this:

That is official Zero Mission artwork BTW.
I like it, but he needs to be more...purpley...

Pff, like it matters what suit Samus is wearing. Ridley is going to destroy it in Brawl anyhow.

Ridley for Brawl.
Smartest thing said here today.

Might I also just add that absolutely NOTHING is from any particular game. You think Link is Twilight Link? You would be wrong. There are plenty of differences between the two: For one, their faces are very different. TP Link had a brownish hair, and in Brawl it's very blond. His fringe or chain mail or whatever it is on his garb is completely different. And his shield has different details. I mean, there are plenty of minor differences between the two. Basically, the entire argument is stupid, but more importantly, it is unrelated to Ridley.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Haha, just switched the hue in photoshop or something, even his teeth are purple :p

Zero Mission.. Good game hehe.. Got tired though. I gotta get the screw attack apparently now.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Gimp is my photoshop. I would have done more, but I'd rather put that effort into a comic and I don't have time for either tonight. =P

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Back guys! and we have settled all the Samus Aran issues... now lets get back to short story telling!

And yhea im thinking of a more dark purple cartoonish Ridley...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Just Scrap WW link and it's alright. Please say no to powerpuff characters in Brawl.

Also, we all know Samus owns ridley *** in every game.

*looks at ridley fanboys*

uh uh... well we also know D. Samus owns ridley's ***...

*fanboys come closer*

No, no that's no what i meant, i meant that Ridley is Trash and Samus is Win, ehm, i mean no, Ridley is win and Samusi s Fail.

*fanboys burn Shuma*

NNnonoN!NOOO the pain the pain! the terrible pain.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah changing colors is easy sometimes, but often you have to cut out eyes, teeth etc so they don't change as well.

Highlighted parts suck though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom