• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok i will post my movie now

ridley vs. mario

mario jumps on ridley's head and knocks him out. ridley wakes up in a bathtub full of ice. he feels around and notices stitches on his back, his wings have been stolen. ridley crys out to the evens "I'LL GET YOU MARIO!!!!!!". ridley then goes out and kills mario's entire family. he then kills everyone who ever knew mario. he kills everyone who ever fought mario, everyone who ever borrowed money from mario, everyone who ever loved mario, etc... and eventually he finds mario, broke and alone. he dishes mario out a fate worse then death. he cuts off marios hands, feet, eyes, nose, tonuge and right kidney. the ears are left perfectly intact however, so that mario can hear the screams of anyone unfortionate enough to cross paths with him.

its a hundred and 134 words btw, hope it don't disqualify me

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You really know how to get the most out of your stories don't you Clark? XD

Anyways if we get some sig makers to make a 1st 2nd and 3rd place thing then that will be fine.

And just because he is flying doesn't mean he has to be any lighter... i mean he could just have tiny (Smaller than Kirby's) jumps where he just flaps his wings.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I just feel that Ridley, being a "flying" character, shouldn't weight more than average (***). That would probably put him as weighing a lot more than all the other "flying" characters (metaknight, kirby, pit).

I can't imagine any of these flying characters weighing average as it is, though they might have other properties like being faster/slower in whatever area that might make them seem to weigh more.

Note, this only applies if they make him the same size relative to Samus as he appeared in the Melee intro, where he isn't really bigger than her.
What does flying have to do with weight? A Boeing 747 can fly, and it's really heavy. I really can't see Ridley weighing the same as Kirby. That's like DK weighing the same as Diddy. Ridley can be a floaty, heavy, and slow. He'll have a lot of cool-down lag, which means he won't be able to combo very much. It's reasonable that he wouldn't always be making himself vulnerable only to get KOed really easily. Then he'd be just another failure like Bowser was in Melee.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
You really know how to get the most out of your stories don't you Clark? XD

Anyways if we get some sig makers to make a 1st 2nd and 3rd place thing then that will be fine.

And just because he is flying doesn't mean he has to be any lighter... i mean he could just have tiny (Smaller than Kirby's) jumps where he just flaps his wings.
yes i do. and i wouldn't mind multi jumps for ridley so long as he had a good ^B that wasn't a recovery

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
I wander about this blasted land,nothing but viscious creatures and toxic biologi.I feel that i am closing in on my destanation.My hopes for this world are small.My name is Solid Snake, I sense that something draws closer to me everywhere i go,yet i cannot tell what it is though.Steadily I go around a corner to my left only to see a massive tower.Defening screeches are heard from the top of it,they echo across the cannyon.I stealthy go across the open wilderness as which i finaly approach the door.I open it,guns ready and fire.There was nothing to be seen though the harsh sounds of bullets probaly alerted the many creatures at higher stages of the tower.

I noticed a stairway leading upwards to where that screech came from earilier on.I rushed up the staircase ready for a unwarry attack. Though as I reached the top there was nothing to be seen except from a box in the far left corner of the open room.I examine the room carefully for any 'markings' left by this creature.

A faint growl is heard behind me ,I quickly turn around, holding out the guns.Still quiet has nothing is seen in the naked room except from the box.I reach for the door and place my hand on the handle.Then suddenly i firm hold is placed upon my neck then like a toothpick my head was snapped in half.The beast fed on my dangling remains.

Before the beast killed me i got a quick glimpse of it..........

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
..but my competition isn't over yet. Who held another competition before mine was over?

Sorry, my computer is being wacky for some reason, it won't let me go back to see what happened, and it keeps double posting.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What... the one liner? uh... why don't we wrap that up now then where everyone posts all their one liners before tomorrow and the winner gets decided?

O yhea and brilliant story FTB especially the use of graphics at the end!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
What... the one liner? uh... why don't we wrap that up now then where everyone posts all their one liners before tomorrow and the winner gets decided?

O yhea and brilliant story FTB especially the use of graphics at the end!
How about we delay the short story contest until next week? Caael isn't going to be able to run the contest until he gets back from vacation, in a week. Let's finish the tag line contest and then start his when mine's over.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...*comes back from vacations and looks around*

...so, what did I miss? A short-story contest? I guess I'll have to do something for that after a healthy dose of sleep tonight...
I wish I could contribute to the one-liners, but I'd need an... idea for that. >_>

So, did Silver win the art contest?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
no no no no no

There's no short-story contest. >_> Gypsy's isn't over yet, and...well...the person who is "sponsoring" it, won't even be around. Put on hold for now.

Edit: oh yeah, the art contest. Well...I really only got a handful of votes. But, I guess, based on the responses, I'll just say all three of these won/tied:

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Thanks Grim. I'm probably not going to post as frequently, because I just became a mod on another site, and although it's a bit slow (new site) I still have to do my job and keep it spam free ;D. Please defend the great Ridley thread with honor and bravery.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Thanks Grim. I'm probably not going to post as frequently, because I just became a mod on another site, and although it's a bit slow (new site) I still have to do my job and keep it spam free ;D. Please defend the great Ridley thread with honor and bravery.
What's this?? What's this "other site" business?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
*gasp* i thought what we had was special!!

*cries*

Er... um Ridley for Brawl!

(Lets shorten the deadline for the 1 liners till Friday!)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O... i thought you said it had an extra week XD ok Wednesday it is! (People keep your short stories on hold!)

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
What does flying have to do with weight? A Boeing 747 can fly, and it's really heavy. I really can't see Ridley weighing the same as Kirby. That's like DK weighing the same as Diddy. Ridley can be a floaty, heavy, and slow. He'll have a lot of cool-down lag, which means he won't be able to combo very much. It's reasonable that he wouldn't always be making himself vulnerable only to get KOed really easily. Then he'd be just another failure like Bowser was in Melee.
Err, isn't Kirby... light?

I said that Ridley weighing average would mean that he would weigh more than all the other floaters/flyers. Weight merely dictates how far he gets smacked around, correct? As presented in the SSBM intro, I can't imagine him being in the same league as Bowser for weight, and at such a small size I wouldn't be surprised if he weighed less than Samus, since Ridley could easily have far more mobility (despite some impressive feats done by expert Samus players).

Notice, however, that this all hinges on how big they make him. If he's bigger than in SSBM, then he'll probably be heavier too. I'm just saying that you shouldn't expect him to be four out of five stars for weight unless he's significantly bigger than Samus.

That is, I'm not arguing that Ridley can't fly and be huge and heavy, I'm arguing that he can't fly and be (relatively) small and heavy.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Err, isn't Kirby... light?

I said that Ridley weighing average would mean that he would weigh more than all the other floaters/flyers. Weight merely dictates how far he gets smacked around, correct? As presented in the SSBM intro, I can't imagine him being in the same league as Bowser for weight, and at such a small size I wouldn't be surprised if he weighed less than Samus, since Ridley could easily have far more mobility (despite some impressive feats done by expert Samus players).

Notice, however, that this all hinges on how big they make him. If he's bigger than in SSBM, then he'll probably be heavier too. I'm just saying that you shouldn't expect him to be four out of five stars for weight unless he's significantly bigger than Samus.

That is, I'm not arguing that Ridley can't fly and be huge and heavy, I'm arguing that he can't fly and be (relatively) small and heavy.
hmm...I think he'll be big (as tall as Bowser anyway) and still heavy. Samus shoots missiles at him constantly, and they don't phase him for crying out loud, not to mention the fact that he picked her up while she's doing it. I see him as somewhat floaty, on the heavier side, and fairly big, with a little speed and a lot of lag.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
hmm...I think he'll be big (as tall as Bowser anyway) and still heavy. Samus shoots missiles at him constantly, and they don't phase him for crying out loud, not to mention the fact that he picked her up while she's doing it. I see him as somewhat floaty, on the heavier side, and fairly big, with a little speed and a lot of lag.
thats how i pictured him, i jus didnt know how to say it

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You usually have to "try" to back up your argument before Ridley has finished his dinner and / or you join us... your time starts... NOW!!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Apparently there is this big mod clean up thing... But we aint spamming... and where did that guy go?

Ridley for Brawl!

(What wings you think he will have? SM,Fusion or Prime : P)

O yhea and Chibi is trying to get the mods to close this thread!!! he is on whats going on with Smash boards.com right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom