• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Richmond Triweekly Thread - Next : Pending

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
DOUBLES AND SINGLES BRAWL COME ONE COME ALL

801 N Davis Ave
Richmond VA, 23220

Buy-in~ 5$ per person for singles
10$ per team (5$ per person)

Payout~ 1st. 65%
2nd. 25%
3rd. 10%
4th. Makes money back(Applies to singles only)

Doubles~ Probably will start some time around 1 PM we'll probably be done with everything around 11 PM.
Singles~ Right after doubles

BRAWL

BRING SETUPS.

Rules

₪ BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS
₪ All events will be double elimination
₪ Three (3) stock
₪ Six (6) minute time limit
₪ Seeded by location
₪ In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
₪ Stage Strike Rule - Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. Players may change their stage strike each time they enter the stage select screen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit- despite whatever the amount of stocks are left - then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ Items will be turned OFF
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by a Team Richmond member)
₪ BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.

₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.

Last time we had a few people, lets push for more this time! :)

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
i'd be intrested in going up there. jus gotta get some extra cash.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's going to be at my apartment.

Plenty of space, we have 8 over here right now as a matter of fact.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
hellz yeah Tope, i gots mah load from da bankz!!!
i should have my car in a matter of days.
i shall become your other roomate whos only there when smash is being played durring random days of the week and pay no bills and has no key and always seems to have other smashers with him!!!!

if youll have me that is XD

Cinder

Smash Master
Hmm...I'll have to try and come to this. I'll try and get Cups and Lone-wolf (from my crew) to come too.

Btw...would it be okay for spectators...my girlfriend isn't quite ready for tournaments, but she wants to watch, you know, for the experience.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
i don't think i can make this.

just kidding.

but not really.
i hate you, tope.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
but i dont know about that meepxzero guy......deserter...
j/k
"DAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN" (I'm telling you, a Meepxzero soundboard would be too good...or it could just be me and Kits being loud as **** all the time =D)

I'll try to be there =D

EDIT: I just realized a meep soundboard would only have that one sound...with maybe the bonus soundbyte of "toasty, why won't the ice stop?????????" X-f*cking-D

Boomer

Smash Apprentice
I'll show depending on if there will be some friendlies there. I'm kinda short on cash right now. BTW can someone change my name plz. I must've been in a pretty gh3y mood when I picked this one.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Richmond trip sounds fun, and that date is good for me. We should take a few car loads of HR to this. Never been to Richmond, wonder what it's like

Top Bottom