• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Richmond BC Canada! Melee only tournament at my house! September 26th!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Here's a tournament I decided to host since I haven't hosted a tournament in a long time! I hope to get Washington up here and perhaps more out of province players as well!

Saturday September 26th!
Starts at 1pm! You guys can come as early as you want and stay until late if you want!
1v1 $10 each
2v2 $20 per team
perhaps extra events like low tier or crews for example? $?
Money Matches are more then welcomed!
If you guys all want food and drinks we could order and split the money towards that or if you guys have any other ideas that would be cool too! Perhaps a $5 Food and drinks fee? That would be helpful, so I can buy things before hand! =D

Address:

4466 Gander Drive
Richmond, BC Canada
Phone number (778)-384-4670

Well that was for the people who don't know me and where I live so lets get all the general rules down :D

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, onnett Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2, **Mute city**, **Green Greens**

** = banned in teams only!

All other levels open for counterpicks.

Attendance

1. Blunted_Object10 (Eric) {3 TV's} [1 Wii] <1 GC>
2. Sion (Evan) <1 GC>
3. Broken
4. Rusted Fencepost
5. Coud*
6. Patooty (Tiep)
7. Cowear (Ryan)
8. Jeremy
9. Liberate (AJ)
10. Resonance (Ryan Taylor)
11. Evan (Meta)* {2-3 TV's}
12. John (Hitsugaya)
13. Micheal (JulyZerg)
14. Daze
15. Tony (Dieslow)
16. Manuel (Diakonos)
17. Tim (Daltsy)
18. Mat (bwmat) <1 GC>
19. Byuusan
20. Quinn (Kuinnster)
21. Chocolate Thunda
22. Wesly (booshk)*
23. Paff*
24. Nathan (Rusty)
25. Davy (Clouderz)*
26. Robbie (Genesis FTW) *
27. Keith (AIDS)
28. Kris*
29. James
30. Justin (Turbo Ja) *
31. Kaelen*
32. Darius (Radius-86)
33. Koskinator *
34. Marvic
35. Alex
36. Ding
37. Kevin
38. Francis*
39. Howard
40. Travis

*= maybe

Set up's and TV's
{3 TV's} [2 Wii's] <3 GC's>

WERE GONNA NEED SET UPS AND TV'S SO IF YOU GUYS CAN BRING THEM PLEASE!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Hope to see everyone there! =D

Sion

Island of Horizon
Count me, broken, and rusted fencepost in. Maybe Coud. Will bring GC + melee if I need to.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
ugh

So much $$$$$$$$$$$$
but the white boi may pay for a bit of mah **** cuz we be tight and stuffs

sion teamzies?

Mother Hens raep

I will bring a Nintendo Wii along with one copy of the Super Smash Brothers Melee disk and a memory card

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I will come if someone can pick me up from the greyhound or one of the sky trains and bus stops. I REALLY don't know how the public buses work in Vancouver, so if there's a bus stop right by Eric's house, then if someone gives me directions on how to get there from the Greyhound depot, then I can do that too.

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
hmm ill come, by the way does anyone have a triwing screwdriver, the screw used on the default gamecube controllers, i need to open mine to clean, it is very dirty and sticky atm.. ^^ anybody can help

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
ignore the screw driver comment.. i totally destroyed my controller today now im controllerless and looking to borrow one before erics tourny = /

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
nah i got it all covered now

i am lucky to get an opportunity to play some melee with Quinn, he and I are training for this tourny today, you guys still remember Quinn? im pretty excited since he's been at the smash scene with me going back to the sfu burnaby dota days

shoot eric.. and i thought you lived near # 4 bridgeport -.-

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
who doesnt have a team for this?

if anyone wants to team with me ill do it if you pay for my entry fee.

we can get top 5. :) so gg.
and you can experience the thrill of winning!

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I'll probably be coming, I can bring a setup(or two if if they're REALLY needed I suppose).

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
There's about a 50% chance that I'll come to this.

EDIT: Is there any chance of housing or anything?
Yea there will be housing available for sure. Just give me a call (778-384-4670) or PM me and I will get ya some housing.

Oh and by the way I am not changing that tournament date! We can host for Adam another time!

Top Bottom