• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhode Island Round Robin! February 23.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
As part of URICON, a smashfest will take place. This is separate from the SNF series, and will run under a different format.

Date:
February 23, 2008

Time:
10 am - 12 am

Address:
URI Memorial Union
50 Lower College Rd.
Kingston, RI 02881

Cost: $5. This will allow you to go to any event during the convention, not just the smashfest.

BRING SETUPS! We need lots of cubes and TVs, as many as possible.

IMPORTANT: Keep your money matching out of this event, or you could be kicked out of the building. This isn't my rule, this is the venue's rule.

OOS'ers welcome, and encouraged to come! You can participate in the round robin, or just screw around if you'd like... Please post if you are coming.

The format will be round robin. This means everyone will play one set with everyone else and report the results to me. The winner is the one who beats the most people. Results will be posted, so that states with a power ranking system can use the results to influence their rankings if they so please.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont know if ill have the $$ or the ride but i will definitely try to get there adn show yall the raw power contained in the lord of all evil

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Shouldn't this be in the tournament section? URI is still allowing for a tournament, so you can still have an entry fee for singles and teams.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so how many ppl are you expecting, cause i am desperately trying to get myself into a scene where i will get noticed, now ill still go but just let me know if its gonna be some 5-10 man lowbie ish im really not trying to be offensive but i just wanna be forewarned

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why you're just going to get ***** by RI's top smashers, so like Dave says you might as well go and get *****, it makes for a learning experience. Plus you'd get to introduce yourself to the community.

I might be able to go to this i'm not sure if we can have basketball, so let me check before i keep that last message final.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if i get to play the top smashers in the state than im all over it. and kevin... you shouldn't make broad generalizations like that, there's always the chance that some whakko roll up out of the woodwork and just clean house. now im not saying that im gonna be that guy but just like the new york lotto..."hey, you never know" i'm gonna do what i can to get there and im gonna give it my all and no matter how good you guys are... im no pushover.
gg's gl and i'm out

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I like your attitude :D

Trust me i'm not ****, i didn't assume you're going to be terrible i'm just saying its definitely worth coming out. Don't worry, i'll be glad to play you and if you keep that attitude up i'm sure you're going to get good pretty ****ded good at this game.

shanus

Smash Hero
planned on coming but looks like ill be out in boston for the weekend

Top Bottom