• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
dont quite follow the parallel
Before Melee: "The **** is a Fire Emblem?" (Japan Notwithstanding)
After Melee: This

Before Brawl: "The **** is a Kid Icarus?" (Melee Trophy Cameo Notwithstanding)
After Brawl: This

Before Smash 4: "The **** is a Xenoblade?" (Operation Rainfall Notwithstanding)
After Smash 4: This

Sorry I wasn't more specific. :(

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

ah, i see what you mean, but i dont think xenoblade was that unheard of it was out here and had a certain degree of success and operation rainfall was a pretty big movement

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
ah, i see what you mean, but i dont think xenoblade was that unheard of it was out here and had a certain degree of success and operation rainfall was a pretty big movement
Hmm, perhaps you're right. However, that has me thinking, if Xenoblade wasn't Smash 4's "upgrade from somewhat obscure to finds-a-relatively-niche-but-absolutely-considerable-audience," then would you say any of the Smash 4 newcomers would fit that bill?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hmm, perhaps you're right. However, that has me thinking, if Xenoblade wasn't Smash 4's "upgrade from somewhat obscure to finds-a-relatively-niche-but-absolutely-considerable-audience," then would you say any of the Smash 4 newcomers would fit that bill?
dont think any of them really fill that category they were all pretty well known

Yusa

Smash Cadet
I haven't had any time to delve into Torna yet, but i've heard nothing but incredibly positive opinions of it.
Can you guys who've finished it answer some questions (spoiler-free)? I'd like to form an idea as to when i'll get it.

1: Are there any twists or important plot points we've not yet seen in the flashbacks of the main story? Any unexpected parts of the prequel?
2. How long did it take you to finish?
3. Is there anything that carries over from the main game? I've been wanting to do New Game + aswell, but i have no idea in what order to do all of that considering the bunch of DLC we've gotten.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman

Those three have a few more differences than makes them really comparable. Unlike the others, KI his basically a dead series all over again because it's revival depended totally on whether Sakurai wanted to make a game or not. So Brawl seems to only have given it one game and done. FE meanwhile remained relatively unpopular until Awakening, six games after Melee. XC is pretty much the only series that became big thanks to Smash and is likely to stay big. The other two merely survived thanks to Smash.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I haven't had any time to delve into Torna yet, but i've heard nothing but incredibly positive opinions of it.
Can you guys who've finished it answer some questions (spoiler-free)? I'd like to form an idea as to when i'll get it.

1: Are there any twists or important plot points we've not yet seen in the flashbacks of the main story? Any unexpected parts of the prequel?
2. How long did it take you to finish?
3. Is there anything that carries over from the main game? I've been wanting to do New Game + aswell, but i have no idea in what order to do all of that considering the bunch of DLC we've gotten.
1. Sure.
2. 21 hours. Don't rush the story.
3. You get concept art that can be viewed in the Event Theater. Has to be through the main game. Torna's Event Theater is just cutscenes.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
The recent news about what Crunchii posted and potential Xenoblade 2 in Smash is great! It may not confirm Rex and Pyra for the base, but it does make them likely for DLC. Overall, though it just boost their liklihood!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So Crunchii is making a hint to a new song in the game and it involves this one.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
While I don't think he has much of a chance for base, he is the most likely DLC character imo and is in my top 3 most wanted in the game. Add me!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Can I be added to the supporters list? I don't think Rex will get in base game, but I love Xenoblade Chronicles 2 TO DEATH. I would love to see anything from this game get into Smash. :)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
fim_dr_011_0.png Not sure if you guys have seen this before, but official artwork of Rex in his master driver outfit got datamined, since it's something you don't fully see in-game I wanted to share it with you guys.

Can we all agree that this would be his best alt?

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
View attachment 172758Not sure if you guys have seen this before, but official artwork of Rex in his master driver outfit got datamined, since it's something you don't fully see in-game I wanted to share it with you guys.

Can we all agree that this would be his best alt?
Nice!

Did they datamine full-art Pneuma yet, too? Or is it still not there?

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Nice!

Did they datamine full-art Pneuma yet, too? Or is it still not there?
Nope, only her portrait.
ascendedpyra.png

Better than what we had originally, but still disappointing because now we DO know the artwork exists

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random shower thought: how would Rex Kirby work?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd imagine that Rex would need to work together with Pyra (or Mythra) to use his B move, while Kirby could do it on his own. I feel like they've got around similar issues before, like with Olimar.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'd imagine that Rex would need to work together with Pyra (or Mythra) to use his B move, while Kirby could do it on his own. I feel like they've got around similar issues before, like with Olimar.
If the neutral special actually involves Pyra or Mythra, all Kirby has to do is spontaneously materialize one of them to perform the move, then have them disappear after it's over, same as Luma & Pikmin.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If the neutral special actually involves Pyra or Mythra, all Kirby has to do is spontaneously materialize one of them to perform the move, then have them disappear after it's over, same as Luma & Pikmin.
I’m suddenly giggling at Pyra or Mythra lending their power to lil Kirby omg it’s so cute

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I’m suddenly giggling at Pyra or Mythra lending their power to lil Kirby omg it’s so cute
You just know they're gonna make a sequel to those Monado Kirby comics if that happens. Complete with the blank stares from the genki Poppi reaction.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Got to chapter 7. Now the fact that a certain blade will likely not be part of Rex's moveset ****ing kills me.

#TeamNia

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Nope, only her portrait.
View attachment 172767
Better than what we had originally, but still disappointing because now we DO know the artwork exists
Ugh, it really bugs me that we don't have the official art yet.
Also, other than Pyra, Mythra and...
Siren
Who wants a goodsmile figure of...
Pneuma

I've spent far too much money on the others, but still, I need this figurine to exist!

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Ugh, it really bugs me that we don't have the official art yet.
Also, other than Pyra, Mythra and...
Siren
Who wants a goodsmile figure of...
Pneuma

I've spent far too much money on the others, but still, I need this figurine to exist!
I sadly can't afford to buy them, even worse when they're both coming at the same time for the same price, but if there's ever a Nia figure I might have to.

On another note, you all should give this man views, it's a spoilery montage and it perfectly captures why 2 is so great.

Last edited:

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
So Crunchii is making a hint to a new song in the game and it involves this one.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Take it with a grain of salt.
This is exciting, lot's of hope for Rex. The song that the code refers to is Those Who Stand Against Our Path, as found out on Twitter by someone.

I can't even imagine that. Probably just Rex's hair and some kind of normal Rex neutral b. Is what I'd like to think.

Also a simple reminder that we have a Rex discord where we are also discussing Rex! https://discord.gg/4fu2zXf

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Crunchii admitted he didn't know anything and was just leading everyone on. It's a false lead.

The fact he got the reading for the kanji in the song wrong should've been the first hint, but oh well. **** move imho.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Crunchii admitted he didn't know anything and was just leading everyone on. It's a false lead.

The fact he got the reading for the kanji in the song wrong should've been the first hint, but oh well. **** move imho.
I still want to believe.

Also, I want to wish all the Rex supporters a Happy Halloween!

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Not long until the Smash direct, guys.

Are we all of the opinion that Rex and Pyra are probably DLC rather than base game?
I personally think that the 'grinch' leak is real, but I'm hoping for a Mewtwo scenario where Rex and Pyra are revealed as dlc coming soon.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I feel the only thing against Rex & Pyra is that If we won't get DLC. We are near guaranteed to get Rex & Pyra as DLC imo regardless of which leak will be confirmed today for the baseroster (although Grinch if it becomes real would filter alot of competition for DLC anyway, because Geno, Banjo and Isaac are imo the biggest characters left, that had support since Melee/Brawl days, but even then Rex & Pyra should not worry seeing that XB2 in general has become Fire Emblem Awakening level in popularity(or very close to it))

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel the only thing against Rex & Pyra is that If we won't get DLC. We are near guaranteed to get Rex & Pyra as DLC imo regardless of which leak will be confirmed today for the baseroster (although Grinch if it becomes real would filter alot of competition for DLC anyway, because Geno, Banjo and Isaac are imo the biggest characters left, that had support since Melee/Brawl days, but even then Rex & Pyra should not worry seeing that XB2 in general has become Fire Emblem Awakening level in popularity(or very close to it))
In that case, I figure they're extremely likely - there's NO way they're NOT going to release DLC for Smash Ultimate, especially after Smash 4's DLC and how Nintendo said that they'll be pushing for more DLC in their latest financial report.

Last edited:

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
In that case, I figure they're extremely likely - there's NO way they're NOT going to release DLC for Smash Ultimate, especially after Smash 4's DLC and how Nintendo said that they'll be pushing for more DLC in their latest financial report.
Rex was sorta confirmed, we got Rex as a Mii Fighter costume, and Pyra and the other Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 characters as spirits. But they will be developing DLC for the game, let's hope they decide to make Rex into a real character. Only time will tell. We could try maining the Mii Rex until then.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Rex was sorta confirmed, we got Rex as a Mii Fighter costume, and Pyra and the other Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 characters as spirits. But they will be developing DLC for the game, let's hope they decide to make Rex into a real character. Only time will tell. We could try maining the Mii Rex until then.
Well a Mii costume is still not a hard deconfirmation unlike an AT, so I feel we could still be in the running for DLC (Mewtwo was a trophy for example in the 3DS version)

Top Bottom