• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
well if you think about it rex can wield a large variety of weapons each with its own arts, and while its likely he'll just have the aegis sword the fact that he has so many arts makes it arguable that he has more moveset potential

its a matter of opinion really
Makes sense but still wouldn’t interest me much. But it’ll be fine either way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So we all agreed that involving more Blades than just his main one (Pyra) would be too much work for Smash?

D

Deleted member

So we all agreed that involving more Blades than just his main one (Pyra) would be too much work for Smash?
Agreed there. Even if it weren't, there's also the question of which Blade(s) to choose, since there are so many of them and they obviously wouldn't incorporate all of them into Rex's moveset.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Agreed there. Even if it weren't, there's also the question of which Blade(s) to choose, since there are so many of them and they obviously wouldn't incorporate all of them into Rex's moveset.
Well they could go into spoiler territory...

Warning: Spoilers from Chapter 7
And use Pyra/Mytra, Roc and Nia

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Pyra+Mythra sounds plausible since they wouldn't need new moves or animations for it, but I wouldn't hold out hope for anything beyond that.
Spoilers for Chapter 7! Be warned...
Maybe they could also add Pneuma as a temporary one-time-per-game transformation? If swapping between Pyra and Mythra is going to be Rex’s Down-B (Just for example), then I’d think that swapping between Pyra and Mythra would be by lightly tapping the B button whereas turning into Pneuma would require holding the B button. And I would mean lightly tapping the B button in the sense of using Ryu’s Stage 1 Focus Attack as opposed to his Stage 2 or 3 where you have to charge.

Last edited:

Sniper Maxter

Smash Cadet
Spoilers for Chapter 7! Be warned...
Maybe they could also add Pneuma as a temporary one-time-per-game transformation? If swapping between Pyra and Mythra is going to be Rex’s Down-B (Just for example), then I’d think that swapping between Pyra and Mythra would be by lightly tapping the B button whereas turning into Pneuma would require holding the B button. And I would mean lightly tapping the B button in the sense of using Ryu’s Stage 1 Focus Attack as opposed to his Stage 2 or 3 where you have to charge.
That sounds like a bit too much of a spoiler. And before anyone says that Smash doesn't care, remember that for everything that they did spoil there's still plenty even later in the game that they never even mention.
There's nothing about Zanza or anything related to him anywhere in the game.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Though I haven't actually played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yet (too poor to get a Switch at the moment), I am in full support of getting Rex into Smash. Just provided he brings Pyra with him.

Last edited:

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
if Shulk was in SSB4, then Rex is most likely to be in smash for switch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well...

With how soon the new Smash game will get released, I fear Rex and Pyra might not have been considered during the roster consideration process made by whoever directs it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well...

With how soon the new Smash game will get released, I fear Rex and Pyra might not have been considered during the roster consideration process made by whoever directs it.
Greninja was chosen before X&Y was even first revealed. Who knows how long Smash has actually been worked on. And even if Rex & Pyra came out too late to be included in the roster, there's already DLC.

I just hope this Smash is actually brand new and not a port.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
The dev team would have been well aware of other new games on the horizon and they would've likely considered a Xenoblade 2 character a long time ago. I feel like Rex is almost a lock for this game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If am I not a supporter already, that needs to be fixed.

Rex & Pyra were made for Smash.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Just gonna call that they are gonna get in, and be like the 8-11 character revealed. I think the game is totes coming out in 2019 and we will see them revealed then.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Definitely one of my most wanted characters. I wonder how they will handle Mythra, hopefully not just a final smash.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
if Shulk was in SSB4, then Rex is most likely to be in smash for switch.
What's funny is when I ran the Shulk thread back for Smash 4, a lot of people would say "It wouldn't happen." Then we got Shulk. Now we have a sequel and Nintendo have been far more forthcoming in supporting the title (far more than Xenoblade 1 was), and a character with a lot of potential. I'd wager Rex and Pyra have a strong chance.

By the by, the one thing I liked about that support thread over the others is we got to talk a lot about the game which was great. I remember when everyone called Fior Seven. Now we have the Unnamed Core Crystal to deal with.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I hope Rex gets in.

Especially with New Game +, I’m probably going to come back to this game a bit

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I hope Rex gets in.

Especially with New Game +, I’m probably going to come back to this game a bit
You should. There is a lot of stuff you'll pick up on in the earlier chapters after having beaten the game. The game also sets up the whole situation in Mor Ardain which can be easy to miss your first time through (was for me).

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Would love for Rex to switch between Pyra and Mythra. Even if it's just Rex & Pyra, I'll still be happy.

Well then. Now, I'm going to dump a list of songs I like to see included in Smash 5. My biggest hope is not that any of them are in the game, but that none of them are butchered to 2 minutes (unless of course they are 2 minutes or less).
Battle!!
Incoming!
Counterattack
Still, Move Forward!
You Will Recall Our Names
Death Match With Torna
Bringer of Chaos! Ultimate
Mor Ardain - Roaming the Wastes -
Mor Ardain - Night
Spirit Crucible Elpys
Tantal
Drifting Souls

I want Mor Ardain to be the main XC2 stage. I got nothing against Gormott, but I expect Gaur Plains to return. It would be redundant to me that two stages from Xenoblade are of the early game areas.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I want him so that one of his taunts can be "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?"
And then Pyra would say "Don't forget me!"
The Ardanian soldiers need to be referenced somehow please that's all I ask.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This.

I don't want one of the best lines in the game to fade from obscurity.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
YEZ! If Shulk can steal "Reyn time," then Rex can steal the Ardainian Soldiers lines.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Honestly, I've never played any of the Xenoblade games (own the first game but, haven't played it yet) and honestly, I'm not a fan of Rex's design. That and I can only think that Pyra would have to be in the background for the most part during each battle.I'm not against Xenoblade getting another character but, I think there are better options. Admittedly, Rex is the most recent so, who knows?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Well...

Nah, Xenoblade 2 would have been well into production by the time the roster for Smash Bros Switch was finalized assuming they started development on Smash Switch after the Bayo and Corrin DLC released in early 2016. Remember this is the man who was shown concept art of Greninja back in 2012, Sakurai would most certainly have been privy to any game shown off at the January 2017 Showcase.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
come on rex you can make it in

and lets have zeke as an assist trophy if its not to much trouble

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey guys, i got info on the next playable character, this is totally legit

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I haven't played Xenoblade 2 yet, but feel free to add me to the supports as I plan to eventually, and I'm a huge Xenoblade series fan and would love to see Smash give it some more love <3

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't know if this guy will be in Smash Switch or not, but I do know one person above all else who would be against his inclusion.

(Honestly I really like the video this gif came from)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know if this guy will be in Smash Switch or not, but I do know one person above all else who would be against his inclusion.

(Honestly I really like the video this gif came from)
I get it, because Rex sounds close enough to Bio Rex.

The one dinosaur ****hole that Falcon has to deal with in every race.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I get it, because Rex sounds close enough to Bio Rex.

The one dinosaur ****hole that Falcon has to deal with in every race.
I was actually making a reference to the whole "Falcon hates anime" joke seeing as that video the gif came from was about Falcon refusing to lose to "anime" characters, specifically Shulk.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was actually making a reference to the whole "Falcon hates anime" joke seeing as that video the gif came from was about Falcon refusing to lose to "anime" characters, specifically Shulk.
Oh right, I never seen that video before.

You can thank me for being an uncultured weeb swine. lol

Top Bottom