• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random idea Anchor shot as an attack that does considerable damage but creates a HP potion that all parties can use, meaning, be careful to not let them recover.

Sniper Maxter

Smash Cadet
Random idea Anchor shot as an attack that does considerable damage but creates a HP potion that all parties can use, meaning, be careful to not let them recover.
If it does knockback or trips, then would it really have any weakness in 1v1s? Sounds like big damage at a range plus a free heal to me.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Throwing in my support, XC2 is fantastic so far. I would love Rex and Pyra/Mythra in Smash. All I want is a victory animation of Rex salvaging and saying "I LOVE THE SMELL OF SALVAGE". Then my life would be complete.

Sniper Maxter

Smash Cadet
That's actually a pretty interesting idea. This would not have been the first time someone in Smash got a move or line from another character in their game, so no boundaries there.
Wasn't Shulk the only character to ever steal a line from somebody else in Smash, and only in the English dub even? As far as I'm aware every other taunt line is original or a self-quote. You're right about the moves though.

And while we're on the subject of memes, think it could reach 1,000 before midnight?
https://www.change.org/p/monolith-s...can-take-me-and-don-t-forget-me-quotes-in-xc2
Edit:SUCCESS!

Last edited:

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I have an undying passion for the Xenoblade Chronicles series dues to its enthralling worlds & narratives they created with such a colourful cast that feels like actual people, all of which bend together into such a experience that last for years to come...might of went abit too deep there :estatic:. What I'm basically saying is add me to the supporter list please :) :joyful::)!

*Edit* Wait, there's no supporter list...thought every thread had one...maybe should get around to adding one then.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Yeah, I don't really do support lists. [Shrugs] Never really saw the point in having them.

Wasn't Shulk the only character to ever steal a line from somebody else in Smash, and only in the English dub even?
I believe so, but I'll double-check.

Anyhow, I just finished Xenoblade 2, or at least the main storyline. Overall, I really like this game's eccentric cast of characters, including the Rare Blades. Though not as gritty as Xenoblade X, the storyline was nevertheless enjoyable.

I really like how this game intertwines with the first game. Anyone whom has played the first game will know who the third Aegis, and whom the Architect's other half is.

Overall, I look forward to future games in this series.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I really like how this game intertwines with the first game. Anyone whom has played the first game will know who the third Aegis, and whom the Architect's other half is.

Overall, I look forward to future games in this series.
who do you think the third aegis is? cause i cant think of anyone who its supposed to be

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's mainly assumed by most people that Ontos is Alvis.
i suppose he's a likely suspect, i was thinking it might have been a set up for a future game mind, i seem to recall reading that the aegis crystals looked like something from xenogears or xenosaga so i thought it could have been a reference to that

Sniper Maxter

Smash Cadet
i suppose he's a likely suspect, i was thinking it might have been a set up for a future game mind, i seem to recall reading that the aegis crystals looked like something from xenogears or xenosaga so i thought it could have been a reference to that
Pyra/Mythra and Malos having parts of his powerset points towards Alvis to me.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The Aegis crystals are in the shape of the Zohar from Xenogears and Saga. Now here's the kicker. The Conduit in Xenoblade 2 is in the same shape and general color as the Zohar. Both also have the same dimensional abilities.

Conduit

Zohar

The Zohar in Xenogears looks much different but i think it has the same abilities

Also, bit of trivia, the Zohar in Xenosaga was inspired the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
There's no solid proof, but I, too, theorise that Alvis might be the third Aegis. However, it is possible Zanza created Alvis, just how the Architect created Malos and Pyra--so I could be wrong. Although, having re-watched the ending of the first game, Zanza looked surprised when Alvis said, "I am Monado." Ergo, that tells me that Zanza had no clue whom Alvis truly was.

In Xenoblade 1, Shulk loses possession of the Monado after Zanza leaves his body. During his coma, Alvis approaches Shulk in his dreams and tells him, "You must find your own Monado." And thus, Shulk was back in action. I don't think Shulk just magically created his own Monado; I think Alvis gave him that power. That speaks to me that he has the same powers as Malos, whom also called his weapon a Monado. Lastly, since Alvis knew Zanza's origins, it's possible he also knew the Architect.

The way I see it: Alvis is a Blade, Shulk is his Driver, and the Monado is the weapon which bonds the two.

If Alvis isn't the third Aegis, then I definitely think he was that giant Core Crystal above Klaus's computer. This would also make sense, since Alvis told Shulk that the satellite was "his home", and that he is the administrative computer of an experiment facility. If this theory is true, then that means the third Aegis is someone entirely different. Someone we've yet to see. If so, then it opens up many possibilities for a Xenoblade 3.

Lastly, I have always theorised that planet Mira in Xenoblade X, and the planet Shulk created, are one in the same. If Alvis is indeed the giant Core Crystal, then I'm starting to think HE was the one whom was translating the alien languages.

Spud125

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2360-0901-6241
awesome, but I dont know what his moveset would be, I still hope he comes to smash 5, I wanted Metalface too xd...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
malos wielding a monado is evidence in favour of that theory, i think alvis is the most likely candidate but unlike zanza/klaus we may never know for sure who the thrid aegis is

The Aegis crystals are in the shape of the Zohar from Xenogears and Saga. Now here's the kicker. The Conduit in Xenoblade 2 is in the same shape and general color as the Zohar. Both also have the same dimensional abilities.

Conduit

Zohar

The Zohar in Xenogears looks much different but i think it has the same abilities

Also, bit of trivia, the Zohar in Xenosaga was inspired the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
perhaps the third aegis is meant to be one of them

The way I see it: Alvis is a Blade, Shulk is his Driver, and the Monado is the weapon which bonds the two.

If Alvis isn't the third Aegis, then I definitely think he was that giant Core Crystal above Klaus's computer. This would also make sense, since Alvis told Shulk that the satellite was "his home", and that he is the administrative computer of an experiment facility. If this theory is true, then that means the third Aegis is someone entirely different. Someone we've yet to see. If so, then it opens up many possibilities for a Xenoblade 3.
i may need to double check but im sure the third aegis was shown to be an orange crystal the same size as the other two in fact wasnt the giant one still there when then part arrived?

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
There's no solid proof, but I, too, theorise that Alvis might be the third Aegis. However, it is possible Zanza created Alvis, just how the Architect created Malos and Pyra--so I could be wrong. Although, having re-watched the ending of the first game, Zanza looked surprised when Alvis said, "I am Monado." Ergo, that tells me that Zanza had no clue whom Alvis truly was.

In Xenoblade 1, Shulk loses possession of the Monado after Zanza leaves his body. During his coma, Alvis approaches Shulk in his dreams and tells him, "You must find your own Monado." And thus, Shulk was back in action. I don't think Shulk just magically created his own Monado; I think Alvis gave him that power. That speaks to me that he has the same powers as Malos, whom also called his weapon a Monado. Lastly, since Alvis knew Zanza's origins, it's possible he also knew the Architect.

Lastly, I have always theorised that planet Mira in Xenoblade X, and the planet Shulk created, are one in the same. If Alvis is indeed the giant Core Crystal, then I'm starting to think HE was the one whom was translating the alien languages.
I'm pretty definite that giant Core Crystal is infact the Conduit.

As for my opinion on this matter, I definitely agree on the theory of Alvis being the third one. As for what tran-dimensional event transported it to (what I like to call XC1 Universe) The World of the Boundless Sea; whether it was the experiment or was just a hishap. I think it would be the latter dues to the fact Klaus described it as like it was a completely separate accident instead of just saying it was due to the experiment, atleast that what I interpreted it as.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
nintendo uk's twitter said that an update with the second playthrough was coming next month

which would allow you to get what they refered to as "those blades"

torna blades perhaps

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Rex and Pyra could appear in Smash with Pyra being a Z-axis partner.

Pyra hangs out on the Z axis. The area where characters side-step and roll. Pyra would normally be at Rex's side, slightly in front of him so she wouldn't be visually blocked (but on the Z- axis). She moves more slowly, but will always try to return to her position by Rex's side.

Her attacks can either be triggered by Rex's Smashes or specials. She attacks toward the screen and thus can hit characters that roll or dodge.

* Rex could grab a character, throw them into the Z-axis where a battle-ready Pyra could smash them back into the fighting arena. Allowing Rex another axis to work with is a nice nod to the open world environment from his game.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
How would everyone feel if Rex didn’t make it but instead we got Poppi?

(Only time I’m bringing this up so don’t worry)

Last edited:

Sniper Maxter

Smash Cadet
How would everyone feel if Rex didn’t make it but instead we got Poppi?

(Only time I’m bringing this up so don’t worry)
I kinda want my big dumb Shulk vs. Rex magic laser sword fight. Any one of the other party members would make a great Assist though. Or should I say two? A Driver without their Blade or vice-versa just wouldn't be right.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's about time I pay my overdue visit here. I really liked Xenoblade 2, and I support Rex for Smash.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Same here, I wanna spam Double Spinning Edge in Smash.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Anyone else here the news.

In the month of December alone, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sold a million.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I am wholeheartedly a Rex (Well, Rex and Pyra, specifically) supporter; I would like to voice my support.

However, I would like to have a (friendly) debate, because I do not think Rex is a likely newcomer at this current point in time. I want to hear arguments from you guys who think he's likely.

Every Smash Bros. game to date has had a tendency to include newcomers focused on highlighting games from the generation before the home console on which the game was developed.

Smash 64 (SNES and Gameboy+Obligatory): Entire Roster

Melee (N64 and Gameboy Color): :peachmelee::bowsermelee::zeldamelee::sheikmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::falcomelee::pichumelee:
Exceptions: :drmario::marthmelee::roymelee::icsmelee::gawmelee:
Brawl (Gamecube and GBA)::wario::toonlink::zerosuitsamus::metaknight::dedede::olimar::pt::wolf::ike::lucas:
Exceptions: :diddy::pit::rob::lucario::snake::sonic:
Smash 4 (Wii and DS+Early 3DS*)::rosalina::4bowserjr::4littlemac::4palutena::4darkpit::4robinm::4lucina::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4mii:
Exceptions (Mostly 3rd party and DLC)::4greninja::4corrin::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:

*Note that the 3DS had been out for almost two years before the Wii U's release, making it a bit of an oddball when it comes to console generations. I consider early 3DS from its release to the Wii U's to be before the Wii U's generation.

With this in mind, I think it's a whole lot more likely that we're going to see Elma than Rex. She's has other factors going for her as well that Rex doesn't have:
  • Dual swords and guns (unique in Smash)
  • Director is interested in porting X to Switch (Source)
  • X has a chance to get a sequel (cliffhanger ending)
  • Arguably represents a different core style than Chronicles 1 and 2. (Less story focus, more sci-fi inspirations, more open world than even Chronicles) (Source)
While Rex does have a lot going for him also (namely, he's popular and from the best selling game in the franchise), I can't help but see Elma as being more likely given the history of the series' inclusions so far.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I am wholeheartedly a Rex (Well, Rex and Pyra, specifically) supporter; I would like to voice my support.

However, I would like to have a (friendly) debate, because I do not think Rex is a likely newcomer at this current point in time. I want to hear arguments from you guys who think he's likely.

Every Smash Bros. game to date has had a tendency to include newcomers focused on highlighting games from the generation before the home console on which the game was developed.

Smash 64 (SNES and Gameboy+Obligatory): Entire Roster

Melee (N64 and Gameboy Color): :peachmelee::bowsermelee::zeldamelee::sheikmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::falcomelee::pichumelee:
Exceptions: :drmario::marthmelee::roymelee::icsmelee::gawmelee:
Brawl (Gamecube and GBA)::wario::toonlink::zerosuitsamus::metaknight::dedede::olimar::wolf::lucario::ike::lucas:
Exceptions: :diddy::pit::rob::pt::snake::sonic:
Smash 4 (Wii and DS+Early 3DS*)::rosalina::4bowserjr::4littlemac::4palutena::4darkpit::4robinm::4lucina::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4mii:
Exceptions (Mostly 3rd party and DLC)::4greninja::4corrin::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:

*Note that the 3DS had been out for almost two years before the Wii U's release, making it a bit of an oddball when it comes to console generations. I consider early 3DS from its release to the Wii U's to be before the Wii U's generation.

With this in mind, I think it's a whole lot more likely that we're going to see Elma than Rex. She's has other factors going for her as well that Rex doesn't have:
  • Dual swords and guns (unique in Smash)
  • Director is interested in porting X to Switch (Source)
  • X has a chance to get a sequel (cliffhanger ending)
  • Arguably represents a different core style than Chronicles 1 and 2. (Less story focus, more sci-fi inspirations, more open world than even Chronicles) (Source)
While Rex does have a lot going for him also (namely, he's popular and from the best selling game in the franchise), I can't help but see Elma as being more likely given the history of the series' inclusions so far.
In all honesty I see both Elma and Rex+Pyra being added, but whenever Rex is in really depends on when the development on Smash begun. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has been in development for several years (even before the release of X), so it isn't unlikely that the Smash team had prior knowledge of him, just like how it happened for Greninja.

And it could be said that Ike's inclusion in Brawl was also due to his appereance in Radiant Dawn, because his slot was "Fire Emblem" when finalizing the roster. They wanted a character from the latest FE, which was Radiant Dawn, and it happened that it was a sequel of the GCN one, so Ika was picked.

Besides all of this I see them going with more recent characters because they have already used most 3DS characters and there really aren't that many Wii U characters that would be good newcomers. I can think to Elma, Inklings and Captain Toad, but that's it from the Wii U.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
In all honesty I see both Elma and Rex+Pyra being added, but whenever Rex is in really depends on when the development on Smash begun. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has been in development for several years (even before the release of X), so it isn't unlikely that the Smash team had prior knowledge of him, just like how it happened for Greninja.
That's a fair point. I would certainly say that Rex is more likely if we get an entirely new Smash 5 than if we get a Smash 4 DX. That said, the reason Greninja was an exception is because GameFreak tends to promote their most recent games, not because Sakurai went out of his way to get the newest Pokemon character. I'm not convinced that Monolith Soft has any desire to tell Sakurai to include Rex if he's planning on adding Elma instead. Especially considering that Elma's game is due for a port and a sequel at some point that will probably release on the Switch.

And it could be said that Ike's inclusion in Brawl was also due to his appereance in Radiant Dawn, because his slot was "Fire Emblem" when finalizing the roster. They wanted a character from the latest FE, which was Radiant Dawn, and it happened that it was a sequel of the GCN one, so Ika was picked.
I would argue otherwise. Sakurai is a fan of Fire Emblem, and likely decided that he wanted to include Ike as the series' newcomer early on in development since he played his game. Plus, Ike appears very early in the Subspace Emissary, so he wasn't finalized last-minute.

Besides all of this I see them going with more recent characters because they have already used most 3DS characters and there really aren't that many Wii U characters that would be good newcomers. I can think to Elma, Inklings and Captain Toad, but that's it from the Wii U.
I would see the following characters as potential candidates from the Wii U+3DS era:
Inklings (Splatoon)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Captain Toad (Super Mario 3D World, Treasure Tracker)
Dixie Kong (Tropical Freeze)
Decidueye (Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Moon)
Bandana Dee (Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse)
Paper Mario (Sticker Star, Color Splash, Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam)
Kamek (Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi's Wooly World, NSMBU, Paper Mario Series)
Tetra? (Wind Waker HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends)
Impa? (Hyrule Warriors+Legends, OoT 3D, kinda A Link Between Worlds)
Ganon?? (A Link Between Worlds, technically Breath of the Wild, Hyrule Warriors+Legends)
Wolf (Star Fox Zero, veteran)

Then, naturally, there's the matter of third parties and veterans (Ice Climbers) to consider. That is a really solid pool of characters to pick from. That said, a few Switch characters could totally appear, especially when DLC is considered. (Spring Man is an obvious one to consider, but Rex is as well.)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
There is one exception you sort of forgot :4alph:

Yes he was just a costume, but he's still playable and also made his debut in the Wii U.

And Sakurai played and loved Xenoblade 2, and it sold over a million, and it has likely been in development for quite a while.

I can easily see this to being a similar case to Pokemon (Location debut on the DS) and Fire Emblem, the most recent character gets in.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
That's a fair point. I would certainly say that Rex is more likely if we get an entirely new Smash 5 than if we get a Smash 4 DX. That said, the reason Greninja was an exception is because GameFreak tends to promote their most recent games, not because Sakurai went out of his way to get the newest Pokemon character. I'm not convinced that Monolith Soft has any desire to tell Sakurai to include Rex if he's planning on adding Elma instead. Especially considering that Elma's game is due for a port and a sequel at some point that will probably release on the Switch.

I would argue otherwise. Sakurai is a fan of Fire Emblem, and likely decided that he wanted to include Ike as the series' newcomer early on in development since he played his game. Plus, Ike appears very early in the Subspace Emissary, so he wasn't finalized last-minute.

I would see the following characters as potential candidates from the Wii U+3DS era:
Inklings (Splatoon)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Captain Toad (Super Mario 3D World, Treasure Tracker)
Dixie Kong (Tropical Freeze)
Decidueye (Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Moon)
Bandana Dee (Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse)
Paper Mario (Sticker Star, Color Splash, Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam)
Kamek (Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi's Wooly World, NSMBU, Paper Mario Series)
Tetra? (Wind Waker HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends)
Impa? (Hyrule Warriors+Legends, OoT 3D, kinda A Link Between Worlds)
Ganon?? (A Link Between Worlds, technically Breath of the Wild, Hyrule Warriors+Legends)
Wolf (Star Fox Zero, veteran)

Then, naturally, there's the matter of third parties and veterans (Ice Climbers) to consider. That is a really solid pool of characters to pick from. That said, a few Switch characters could totally appear, especially when DLC is considered. (Spring Man is an obvious one to consider, but Rex is as well.)
I could see Sakurai wanting to add both Elma and Rex, since they both have a lot to offer in Smash, and Xenoblade keeps on growing as a series (and it even developed into two parallel series, being the regular one and X). And Sakurai has shown his appreciation for the series several times.

I left out Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Tetra, Kamek, Wolf ecc. because they didn't debuted on the Wii U. I mean it isn't like Diddy Kong's inclusion in Brawl was for his cameos in Mario Sport games on the GCN, but for his achivements on the Snes and N64. Or Little Mac wouldn't have been added if Punch-Out Wii was the only game in the series.

About veterans there are only a few worth bringing back (Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake). In regards of the TP we must remember that Sakurai sees Smash as a celebration of JAPANESE gaming, so I doubt we will see any western characters in the near future. And of the Japanese gaming scene the only big names missing are Metal Gear, Castlevania, Bomberman and Dragon Quest.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
There is one exception you sort of forgot :4alph:

Yes he was just a costume, but he's still playable and also made his debut in the Wii U.

And Sakurai played and loved Xenoblade 2, and it sold over a million, and it has likely been in development for quite a while.

I can easily see this to being a similar case to Pokemon (Location debut on the DS) and Fire Emblem, the most recent character gets in.
Alph is indeed a notable exception. That being said, there may be a caveat regarding clones (what Alph almost was), since Roy and Dr. Mario were also exceptions. Maybe since they tend to be decided upon late in development, they coincide more with newer titles?

And my apologies regarding Lucario, I put him in the wrong spot.

The game being reviewed by Sakurai is an interesting point, as it could be an influence on Rex's chances. However, it is worth noting that we already knew that Sakurai is a Xenoblade fan. It's not unreasonable to think that he played and enjoyed both Xenoblade Chronicles X and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which would make the point a little less relevant.

I could see Sakurai wanting to add both Elma and Rex, since they both have a lot to offer in Smash, and Xenoblade keeps on growing as a series (and it even developed into two parallel series, being the regular one and X). And Sakurai has shown his appreciation for the series several times.

I left out Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Tetra, Kamek, Wolf ecc. because they didn't debuted on the Wii U. I mean it isn't like Diddy Kong's inclusion in Brawl was for his cameos in Mario Sport games on the GCN, but for his achivements on the Snes and N64. Or Little Mac wouldn't have been added if Punch-Out Wii was the only game in the series.

About veterans there are only a few worth bringing back (Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake). In regards of the TP we must remember that Sakurai sees Smash as a celebration of JAPANESE gaming, so I doubt we will see any western characters in the near future. And of the Japanese gaming scene the only big names missing are Metal Gear, Castlevania, Bomberman and Dragon Quest.
I do believe that there's a real chance of Elma and Rex coming alongside one-another in the next Smash game, but I'm just skeptical that we'll get two Xenoblade characters. It's possible that Sakurai would consider them two parallel series, though, which is important to consider.

My perspective is more that characters tend to be added if they had a significant main-series game that they appear in in the previous console generation. As an example, Bowser, Zelda, and Falco did not debut in N64 titles, but the games Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Star Fox 64 were important games in the context of the previous console generation. I do agree that Little Mac was not added exclusively because of Punch-Out Wii, but I think it did help that he had increased visibility due to a recent appearance. (Technically, I consider Little Mac to have been our retro of Sm4sh, who got in over the likes of Takamaru due to his recognizability.) On Diddy Kong in particular, I believe that Sakurai noted that he was a character who people thought was odd to leave out from Melee, which was a contributing factor in his inclusion.

I would argue that the likes of Bomberman, Rayman, Sora (rights are the biggest issue), or even Steve (Minecraft has sold more than the Final Fantasy series and has been on the past three Nintendo consoles) are possible, if not plausible. Heck, I could see a Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter character too. Alas, it doesn't really matter too much in regards to Rex.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I do believe that there's a real chance of Elma and Rex coming alongside one-another in the next Smash game, but I'm just skeptical that we'll get two Xenoblade characters
Well, Xenoblade 2 is the first Xenoblade game to break 1 million sales so Sakurai could easily add Rex (at least) to celebrate. Xenoblade 2 is one of Nintendo's million sellers now (the game, not the series obviously) so it's easily a sign of enough popularity to warrant Rex in Smash.

Fun fact, Xenoblade 2 has sold the second most games in the Xeno series, being beaten only by Xenogears.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
As someone who's been lurking this thread for sometime and still enjoying my time with Xenoblade 2, I'm in full support for Rex joining the line-up of the next Smash Bros! I know we don't have a support list, but my name's down in favour for Rex! Still trying to polish up a personal move-list for him, but I'd be happy to contribute to this thread.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I will say that I do support for some Xenoblade 2 content in the next Smash (if there’s gonna be one whether a new installment or a port), however, I’m not so keen about seeing Rex as a fighter. I rather see Pyra or Mythra instead since they have more moveset potential than him but that’s just me. Not saying Rex is a bad character or anything in case someone says something about it. Regardless, I’m all in to contribute here.

P.S. Xenoblade 2 is an awesome game. Spent 200+ hours into it and I enjoyed it a lot.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I will say that I do support for some Xenoblade 2 content in the next Smash (if there’s gonna be one whether a new installment or a port), however, I’m not so keen about seeing Rex as a fighter. I rather see Pyra or Mythra instead since they have more moveset potential than him but that’s just me. Not saying Rex is a bad character or anything in case someone says something about it. Regardless, I’m all in to contribute here.

P.S. Xenoblade 2 is an awesome game. Spent 200+ hours into it and I enjoyed it a lot.
well if you think about it rex can wield a large variety of weapons each with its own arts, and while its likely he'll just have the aegis sword the fact that he has so many arts makes it arguable that he has more moveset potential

its a matter of opinion really

Top Bottom