• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revolutionizing A Growing Dynasty: Falco

scarletsoldier

Smash Cadet
Guys we really need to change the Falco community. I mean we have a uncompleted match-up guide, no stage picking guide, and etc... but what I'm saying is people already pick Falco because he is SO high on the tier list, but let us(the Falco community) make Falco number one over Meta-Knight. I want to volunteer making a stage picking guide with Falco Im starting now so lets Go Guys

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
The match-up guide is an ongoing project, much like every other character board. I don't even like working on match-up ratios already, since the game is still evolving so much. Much of the ratios we have now are flawed.

Here's your stage picking guide:

Ban Rainbow Cruise.
Pick Japes.

Gogogo.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
The Generals on stage choice for Falco.

VS Campers:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battle Field (I beleive this is Falco's best stage)
Rainbow Cruise
Japes (If you still live in a area that allows this stage :()

VS anyone else:
Same as above.....
(I'll get characters Specific later johns....)

CG'able (Heavies):
Castle Seige

Stay away from/Bans:
Halberd
Delfino
Metriod Stages
Lylat (It really does limit your camping to a low level.)
Yoshi's (This is preference, but I hate this stage)
Castle Seige (Obviously, an exception versus the CG-Heavies) Note: On this stage you can RBPG someone off the stage if you are good.

Why is Rainbow is not THAT bad for Falco?
There are a lot of exceptions (MK, Wario, ZSS, Pit), but Falco does well on the Right-top Half and he is really good at annoying people that are on top of platforms(Bair, Nair).

On thing Falco's somewhat tend to forget

Camping isn't a priority, it's a option! Falco does fairly well close up with a decent half of the roster.
3 Frame Jab
Phantsm allows for quick get away's when pressured
Chain Grab

I'd love to get more character specific, but I'm kind of late.........

scarletsoldier

Smash Cadet
THX Bleach. Its good meeting a Falco that agree's with me on RC. Any who its still alot of work that needs to be accomplished.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
I was CPing Battlefield at my last tournament for the majority of the time.

It is really easy to rack up damage when they're above you on a platform w/ Nair/Bair/Utilt. Also, with characters like Marth/Lucario I like to Dthrow->Usmash->Platform ****.

I went to Japes, but I just don't feel comfortable on that stage. I'm just not familiar enough with it. And no one wants to do friendlies with me on that stage :>.

scarletsoldier

Smash Cadet
Its good that u admited that man because, thats what Falco mainers were telling me, that CPing Japes didnt feel right for the way they play, and for me personally it took a little while 4 me to learn how to play on japes because, b4 then i SD alot on japes (water KO's) that made me so mad. But this is why im making a stage picking guide.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Great sig and avatar, BleachigoZX!

I really do enjoy Japes... i love the side-B maneuvers you can do on that stage. I teamed with a Fox one time and we did crazy tricks and almost 6-stocked a couple guys who were better than us, haha.

I sort of like the idea of stage stuff that is actually on going instead of in limbo at the moment. I believe it would be useful to have a list of stages and general ideas that might accompany them. I mean I like to use the stages no one else really likes using such as Distant Planet for counterpicks for certain characters as no one really does well on certain stages while everyone is used to fighting on the main ones.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
well people are gettin around beating falcos just because they found a way to survive the chain grab spike. but thats one of falcos aspects, along with lasers and phantasms. there is more to that to falco, since the majority of mainers only camp. back in melee falco can either camp or approach and still detroy others. falco IMO is all about stage control all the way. falco has the potential to control his opponents movements and prevent them from being in the ground for to long, and as for falco it can be same if he is the one high up in the air since hes vulnurable. we ofcourse can still find a new to allow us to get easier kills because we have to really on set ups and unpredictable moments to do smash attacks.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hehe, I think Falco's should learn the IC's matchup to the best of their abilities because it's one of his hard counters :) maybe even his only hard counter

scarletsoldier

Smash Cadet
Guys if u want to help me with the stages play on any CP's and pm me what u felt about that stage. So i can pen down results for Falco mainers over-all instead of just my own opinion.

Vlade

Social Outcast
DEHF really knows what he's doing against the IC's. I came up with that opinion after watching his matches against Fiction's climbers.

It's definitely falco's hardest counter, but it's not TOTAL ****. I don't believe that falco has any unwinnable matches, unlike DK who gets 0-deathed by DDD.

Japes works for some, and doesn't work for others. Even if you don't 0-death you still have an extremely strong laser and phantasm game going for you. Just control the middle part of the stage and you're practically untouchable if you maintain good spacing.

scarletsoldier

Smash Cadet
I would heavily recommend to cp luigi's mansion for this IC matchup. i will explain why when u guys see my guide

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
I would heavily recommend to cp luigi's mansion for this IC matchup. i will explain why when u guys see my guide
You do know that luigi's mansion isn't a CP stage on every tourney right? Like here in The Netherlands, Luigi's mansion is banned and a lot others aswell.

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Well a lot of people (inlcuding myself) agree with luigi's mansion (and a lot more) to be banned so i don't really mind. And we also have a lack of tourneys here so that sucks as well.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Tell your TO's to stop being so ghey then.
It's never been banned at any of the tourneys I've gone to.
NJ Stage List said:
Stages:

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Counterpicks:
* Delfino Plaza
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
:(:(:(
Unfortunatley this is what I have to work with. And One Falco main isn't going to change the idea of what most of the state finds acceptable.....

Note Bold are stages I kinda like.....

choknater said:
Great sig and avatar, BleachigoZX!
I'm just another Maria+Holic fan, and Okkusenman.

J4pu

Smash Champion
tbh im not a big fan of LM myself but if I really don't want to play on it I'll ban it, I'm on the open-minded side of thinking which stages should be legal, I want Green Greens to be allowed in singles but its always banned

@bleachigo **** man, that sucks

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I haven't gone to a tourney since like a month ago, but that was when I sucked.
April, and May are my new breakout days! Look for me at APEX!

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
Guys we really need to change the Falco community. I mean we have a uncompleted match-up guide, no stage picking guide, and etc... but what I'm saying is people already pick Falco because he is SO high on the tier list, but let us(the Falco community) make Falco number one over Meta-Knight. I want to volunteer making a stage picking guide with Falco Im starting now so lets Go Guys
There is already a detailed stage pick guide. I bumped it to the front page. It should probably be a sticky or something.

Top Bottom