• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Midland 3 Results [June 28, 2014 - Midland, MI]

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Awesome turnout, guys! 60 players from all over Michigan and northern Ohio! I'd like to personally thank all of you for coming to my event, but first I would just like to get these results out there. My shoutouts are down in the the first few comments.

Melee Singles (60 entrants)
Revival of Midland 3: Singles Bracket
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
KJH
$192.00
2nd
Blake
$96.00
3rd
Beach
$32.00
4th
Juggleguy
5th
Lain
5th
Ginger
7th
Dark Louis
7th
Shibby
9th
Rh1thms
9th
Ryejew
9th
Oak
9th
TM
13th
Tran
13th
Zbet
13th
GG| Honeybaked
13th
Skigh
17th
RawrMonster
17th
IronDwarfnn
17th
Severest
17th
GG| 401k
17th
Heinz
17th
GG| 2Shadez
25th
Klub
25th
RabidFingers
25th
Garzel
25th
Xcel
25th
NJA
25th
Coupkey
25th
ExJordanary
25th
LuigiMaster

- Pools Cutoff -
33: Enigma
33: Whit
33: Duel
33: Hammer
33: PheonixSlayer
33: SuperMegaWalrus
33: DocT
33: Breeotney
41: Mr. Magik
41: Facebook Dominic
41: KingLouis
41: JamesSP
41: Wayne
41: Sheebz
41: Stank
41: Dime
49: Wizard
49: Twin
49: Louis
49: Mr. Toad
49: GokuforPope
49: Ben
49: YoYoWoodchuck
49: Who?
57: Djinn
57: Kart
57: Schwalm
57: MoonPuncher

Melee Doubles (20 teams) Bracket Link
1st: TM/Lain
2nd: KJH/Ginger
3rd: Beach/Blake
4th: Oak/Severest
5th: Shibby/CAM
5th: Skigh/LuigiMasterTae
7th: DarkLouis/Garzel
7th: Ryejew/2Shadez
9th: Game/exJORDANary
9th: RawrMonster/Irondwarf
9th: Whit/SuperMegaWalrus
9th: Sheebz/DocT
13th: Djinn/KingLewi
13th: Duel/RabidFingers
13th: Mr. Magik/Klub
13th: GokuforPope/Who?
17th: YoYoWoodchuck/Wayne
17th: Breeotney/PheonixSlayer
17th: Wizard/Coupkey
17th: Twin/Louis

KJH, 1st place in Melee Singles, dropping not a single game all day. Combined Pools and Bracket games record of 28-0

TM (Left) and Lain (Right) take 1st in Teams. Considered underdogs, they won from winners side with a strong win over KJH and Ginger

Last edited:

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I added pictures of our champions to the original post.

Here are my shoutouts, and I'll do as many as I can but I am bound to miss a lot, mostly the people I didn't really interact with. Needless to say, I knew the task was going to be a big one, and I made sure to direct most of my focus on assuring the tourney ran smoothly, and less of the focus playing friendlies and MMs. This is also one of the reasons for the very low stream quality, as I wasn't able to tend to the stream more than once every hour or so.

KJH - Congrats on the tournament win, your gameplay is always really impressive to watch, and really intimidating to play against.
Blake - Definitely showing that you deserve that PR spot, with the way you showed up! I know it is a long drive from down there in kzoo, so thanks for making the long drive!
Beach - You got lucky we didn't have to play in singles this time. I am ready for the next time we meet in bracket!
Juggleguy - Thanks for approving of the way my tournament was ran. It made me say WOOOO!
Lain - Come to my town and take first in teams? Haha always good talking to you, you should come to more melee stuff! You still have game.
Ginger - Sorry for the sandbag game we had in winners. I'll bring you a better match next time, you and I both know I will.
Dark Louis - I won most of my money matches yesterday, but for some reason you just had my number here. Next time, it is my turn. Congrats also on tying me for 7th!
Rh1thms - You play your best at the beginning of the match. The reason you do, is because nothing has happened to make you mad yet. Halfway through, you get a little tense. You are a damn good player, keep it up.
Ryejew - Sorry we didn't play, but next time we'll do a couple MMs or something and some friendlies to make up for it!
Oak - That teams set... I'll be sad about it for a few days. No doubt though you were a big problem for our crew yesterday so definitely good work there!
TM - Nice job winning our pool, I couldn't find a way to beat you this time. Next time tho ;)
Tran - Taking a game off me in a set, I knew you were a threat before but I need to be on red alert against you, I realize, or I am going to lose the set next time. Nice improvements over the last few months!
Zbet - Not even sure what to say, except I deserved 13th in this tournament and you should have played rh1thms next round. I did that exact same thing in a tournament before, so I know the feeling. I like this rivalry we have going though!
Honeybaked - Glad you made it! The new midland and mt pleasant guys had been wanting to meet with ya, and having you on the crew was a plus. Thanks for coming!
Skigh - Nice job running your pool, hopefully we can play a lot more over the summer. I'll drive out there on occasion, too.
CAM - My best ever "smash student", who I consider to be a threat to end my tournament any time we meet! Going to these things with you over the summer has been awesome, lets keep on going to them.
Game - Thanks for bringing like 6 tvs, and everything else you did including setup and teardown. Good stuff.
RawrMonster - MarthMaster, looks like you still have game. Nice job in pools, and our doubles set was close for sure!
Severest - nice job in crews, looks like you got us this time. All you did was inspire Midland to come back much stronger next time tho. (like Obi-Wan)
401k - such an awesome set in R1. I wasn't even sure you'd make it until last minute so again, THANKS!
Heinz - The crew battle went your way, I'd say. In the money matches tho you just have to not get gimped ;) I know $2 doesn't mean anything, we will settle it in tournament some time?
2Shadez - Thanks for helping me set up the hype crew battle. It helped me generate interest in the tournament and also you guys help me to inspire my club here in Midland to keep getting better!
RabidFingers - Your first tournament making bracket! Congrats, I am sure there will be more to come from now on. Next goal is a bracket win!
NJA - The peach is the way to go, and keeps looking better and better! keep that up.
Coupkey - Making bracket in your first tournament? You really stepped up yesterday. I like to see that out of my locals!
ExJordanary - This guy didn't even own a gamecube until like, a month ago. You've made a lot of progress since then, keep it up for sure!! I see you rising the ranks in the club. Also thanks for sticking around late with up and helping tear down.
Whit - You made this tournament so much better by being able to get us the venue. I made sure to leave it in great shape so that we can possibly use it again in the future. Thank you so much for all your help!
Duel - Very close to making bracket, we will work on a couple of things over the next few weeks. I am pretty sure you will make it next time.
SuperMegaWalrus - Nice job in teams upsetting Andy and JC! That is a good one for you guys! Keep on truckin, get that Luigi some big wins!
Facebook Dominic - I was kind of wondering if you were a real person or not, but now I know! It was nice to finally meet!
Wayne - Thanks for coming and hopefully you continue to come to some more of our local sized stuff!
Stank - Good game in pools, keep going and next time maybe you''l advance to the bracket!
Dime - You are one of the people who added a very special touch to the tournament by providing those hand made plaques! Great job!
Wizard - Keep it up, man, and things will start going your way in game more, I promise!

I would say that for being my first tournament of its kind with anywhere near this turnout, that, with a lot of help of my local scene, was a huge success. We only had 2 DQs (one person left and didn't come back, another had car troubles during the food break). We had almost $800 in prize money, which paid out to 6 different players. Another GREAT thing about this event was that we had such a wide range of experience at SSBM that it really could be an enjoyable tournament for all skill levels. I feel that sometimes we lose track of what is important about the game. Involving the WHOLE community (Pros, good players, meh players, and NOOBS) is what is really going to increase the longevity of it. If we lose sight of some players, more and more would drop off and lets face it - smash isn't nearly as much fun alone. Thanks again to EVERYONE, even if I missed you!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Great tournament. Plenty of setups for friendlies and professionally ran.

Shoutouts:
tm: Good **** for winning doubles with Lain!
Garzal: Congrats on finally making it out of pools! We aren't a bad team either.
Lain: Congrats on getting that win in doubles. Good to see you're still playing Smash.
Shibby: Thanks for the mm. I'll be sure to defend my 3-2 record against you next time. Also, good stuff for moving up in placing lately.
Juggleguy: Love playing the Falcon matchup. Dat turnaround shine upsmash...definitely intentional.
Irondwarf: Good matches in pools and in the moneymatch. Look forward to you taking names in bracket next time!
KJH: That wall tech -> turnaround -> backair back onto stage after my shine was one of the sexiest things I've seen in awhile. Congrats on the big win.
Severest: You're really good. I never heard about you until this tournament and I was stressing before our match. lmao
Miles: Good set in bracket and good stuff taking all those stocks in the crew battle!
Ginger: Great job in completing the Toledo Gauntlet in bracket. I'll be working on the matchup a lot this summer.
Blake: Too good. I started playing uber defensive and I think you punished me well for it.
Ryejew: That tech skill.
401k: Your Falcon's legit. Good set in bracket!
LuigimasterTae: Your Sheik is pretty scary! As well as your Zelda. In the back of my mind, I was starting to believe that it was going to go to game 3.

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
I told kjh he has nothing better to do than win lmao gj bro and thanks shibby for hosting great tourney was alot of fun always nice playing you and nice fox darklouis yeah Usally people are confused when I change from shiek to Zelda lol I actually like Zelda more lol I still gotta work on my falco but I did good at this tournament better than expected considering I really just play more pm but I like my melee fam and can't leave u guys lol

Top Bottom