• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

Maven89

Smash Master
His vote on Maven and thought process was really out of wack. But let me talk with him more, I'd rather do a talking with him to nail down where I got my feels on him.
This is my problem with Ryu's questioning. He says he wants us to let him continue to feel Spak out, but then he doesn't ask any questions the rest of the time he's on, even when he's talking to Spak he just gives some joke reference to some game (i think?) post. Then later he comes in and posts, but the whole "let me question him" is odd to be because he's barely doing that. He is also voting the guy but says he wants to feel him out before he puts him in one side or another.

He's also brought up my RVS post as being bad, but when I pointed out he did the same thing more times then I did, he admitted he did but still insisted his point stands. How does his point stand if it would logically make his slot scummier then mine? I'm not sure if it's scum intent or not, I'm not voting him off any of this yet, but it's weird and stands out to me. On the other hand I'd have expected scumRyu to push Spak much harder then he has, hence why there's no vote. I still want attention called to this.

Maven, do you feel like Spak is giving you too easy a pass on his town read on you ? If so, how is that telling to you ?

:059:
No, he's a newer player so the fact that his push was weak was probably not evident to him, so for me to defend him could only be a pro-town action, and honestly if I was in that position I'd probably give a town read to me too, it makes sense.

The Watt town read is more questionable, but right now I'm reading it as just a poor read then scummy, if he was trying to turn people to his side by reading them as town he'd probably try and town read Ryu and Laundry or Rosa who are the ones that were/are pushing him.

Should we guess right on a townie though, he becomes a nightkill magnet however. :^)

:186:
Ok, this gave me an idea, and I don't think it's an idea we should do but since I've seen no one else suggest it, since we know that items will be given to whoever kills a target, we could give the ring to someone we believe would be NK'd so anyone who kills them will get the doublevote and immediately out themselves.

I think this is too risky to do but I'd consider it the best option after destroying it, if anyone has an idea to make that work bring it up, but as it stands I still think we should destroy it. Just want to bring up any alternative so we could discuss it if needed.

I'm sorry if this comes across as curt/rude, but are you new here? I mean to say this in a way that isn't offensive, but if you have played with Ryker before this would make sense, but I don't recall you ever playing a game with him so this is just coming across as odd to me. What is wrong with someone having take charge? Hypothetically, one could be an alpha and town and take charge which could win the game. Especially coming off personal experience, I see both sides of the coin. I just don't like your phrasing on it.
I've been playing here since November of last year, I believe I've actually only played 2 games with Ryker unless he was in a hyrda and I missed it, but overall, and people who have played with me can collaborate, I basically always attack any alpha attempt as soon as I see it, because I don't believe any player should have so much clout with others unless they are essentially confirmed town. If someone's drawing the spotlight I go at it because if they want that much power they should have that much more scrutiny. Normally this goes on until I'm happy enough with the slot to stop it. And overall I don't like alphas forming out of nothing other then personality instead of game reasons. No problem with a slot having more clout then others, that always happens, but I find players letting anther player have their way because of personality to be lazy and detrimental, and in no small part it's for my own read, I'm instinctively more skeptical in this game of someone of unknown alignment coming in and trying to boss people around then I am of someone not doing that. So I push and ask questions. One I got lynched for doing it.

I just re-read the game (hence this post), and honestly nothing from WoTT stuck out to me as being very scummy. I think the J avenue has merit but unfortunately this re-read didn't give me any real insights on whose scum or not and I think I'm just going to have to do it again, I'll follow this up in a little with another post soon to explain it.

Vote: Ryker

Because he's not posting and out of everyone else I find that odd

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Then we can agree on that much, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him town specifically for it. He's reminding me a lot of how I acted my very first game when Swiss pinned me to a wall, but at the time I was decidedly scum. I don't think he's scum for what he did, but my point is I don't feel comfortable saying it's town.

What part makes you lean him in that direction?
Giving him the benefit of the doubt mostly. I don't think he, as scum, would make the same play you did. You being scum in that game is a thing of pure chance, the only way meta should be involved is by examining his own meta.

I'd also like to know what you've liked from Maven so far.
Accurate read on Spak+turning around and pushing those events into a new direction due to Ruy's reaction to it. Unless you have a reason to believe there's some nefarious **** going down there, that seems pretty town mentality to me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Elaborate further on your town reads please. Also I keep forgetting what you mean with dumpsterfire lol
Sure.

I don't like how Wott came into the thread, tried to put an angle out on Spak, and then immediately backpedaled off it in a somewhat hands-off way.

I like Rake because Rake's making sense and making moves. Vast difference between Rake and, say, Ryker or Gheb.

Maven is a weaker version of Rake right now. I don't hold his ****posting at the start of the game against him, as I was spicing the thread up with my dank memes myself, but I think he was spot on with his Ruy/Spak insight.

Spak's mostly benefit of the doubt. I don't see a scummer doing what he did and surviving, I think he would've slipped up.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Why it is weird of me to openly admit I find him slightly suspicious but then say I am trying to feel him out and get an idea where I can put him. I don't want to blindly throw him in one read or another when I don't know him in a mafia setting.
There's that golden get out of jail free card again.

Ruy do you have much of a reason to pressure him after that? What is the basis of your Spak suspicion? Why is he worth your time over less active players like Ryker or J or other boneheads like WoTT?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Giving him the benefit of the doubt mostly. I don't think he, as scum, would make the same play you did. You being scum in that game is a thing of pure chance, the only way meta should be involved is by examining his own meta.

Accurate read on Spak+turning around and pushing those events into a new direction due to Ruy's reaction to it. Unless you have a reason to believe there's some nefarious **** going down there, that seems pretty town mentality to me.

Yeah, I'm starting to agree. #283 is too convoluted to be faked.

As for Maven not after that last post. I didn't like the fact he came in bemoaning thread and took a shot at Ryker grandstand without continuing to some other line of thought to start his thread presence, but thought his Ryu and Fanny redirection was very good. I'd be willing to put him as townlean after seeing those last observations.

Maven89

Smash Master
My "cancer" comment was really referring to all the anime cutsey japanese stuff being posted, not just the fact that it was jokes

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also, if ryker doesn't start producing content and contributing, then he, not kantrip is going to be the policy lynch today. Only Laundry feel for the trick question but the fact is Ryker's first post only served to get his foot in the door and make his thread "clout " known. Anyone who opposes this can feel free to tell me why non helpful posturing ryker should stick around is welcome to argue this, but be warned I will probably call you an idiot.

The only pass I'd give him is that he's supposedly been V/LA for a tournament. I just don't remember if he called for that to end yesterday or today, as he tends to skip playing mafia the night he returns simply to relax from all the traveling. If he doesn't appear today, I'm on board with this, simply because we've gotten the touch-n-go prod-dodging Ryker and that one's more often scum than not.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Early-game when he and Laundry were noting how my Maven vote smelled like some garbage, I think he was doing a pro-town action because he seemed like he was just trying to hunt down scum and get some early reads. I would be a bit wary of him if I saw someone dropping accusations that quickly (but it's still a pro-town action for anyone that knows that I'm town for reasons that I listed in prior posts). The fact that he scrambled to find something in my posts to comment on (#277, in which his questions he asked were already addressed in prior posts) after being called out (#268) for letting me off too easily is the only thing that I see could be scummy, but other than that, he's still a town lean in my opinion. In addition, I don't remember him giving me a scum read whatsoever (if you find something that is contradictory to this, please let me know so I can analyze his reasoning). Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any of his reads.

Would you care to give us a breakdown of your reads thus far, WoTT?
How would that change if the only person who knew you were Town is the scumteam, Spak?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What do you think of J's attack on Maven? You say J usually coasts through Day 1 (I honestly don't remember much meta). Do you think the attack seemed kind of forced, and if so, was that a result of me "pressuring" forced content out of a town J or is there actual scum intent there?
Honestly I think the entirety of J's play up to this point is garbage thus far and I hate his stance towards D1 but it reads par for the course with that stance towards D1. He's put feelers out towards other slots and isn't digging too hard because he doesn't wanna overextend. I'd love to policy lynch him every game we're in until he quits this bull**** but we didn't nip that in the bud with marshy so we've got a precedent towards letting players do anti-town things and get away with it consistently.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Can you tell what about your gut makes me read as scummy to you? Also that #233 may be a bit filler, but at the same time I am posing a question as to why Maven would have a problem with alphas as he suggested. Continue reading down more so I may show why I asked that question.

I don't think either of your options accurately describe how I feel about WoTT's push on Spak, because both ways give him an out in terms. I feel his push on Spak looked like an "easy opportunity" jump and followed Laundry onto it. If I remember correctly, Laundry started the push on Spak and after looking back on the push and finding that I find Spak leaning more town, it leads me to dislike WoTT's attempt of pushing Spak, especially since nothing came of it.

Short-hand response: WoTT doesn't seem to have done either of what you suggested, in my eyes, and instead looks to have pushed him on opportunity rather than actual scum-hunting.

D1 I am always light-footed which has been said, but every time someone says this, they seem to say it begrudingly as well. I guess you can say I am dragging my feet because I am also on vacation/taking a lighter approach to this game. That's the honest truth haha. I came to play this game as more of a social game and help with sparking some life into DGames because it has been abysmal lately.

How does the way Ryker constructed his post have anything to do with helping me find out his alignment? I don't get the point of the question, but to answer: I feel Ryker has a similar style to Swiss (as I stated beforehand) where he comes in and tries to talk/get connected with tons of people. It may seems random/arbitrary, but we all know it has a meaning behind it and also a reason behind each those questions asked. He's getting responses. The only problem I have with Ryker is that he hasn't really done anything at all as of yet and has been sitting back which is new for me to see. However, fair is fair and since I do it, I haven't commented on it yet. Ryker is like me in a sense where if he is the game longer, it is easier to read him. Posturing is not the word I would use per say.

Posturing is not scummy though, at least in the sense we are talking about currently.

My turn though:

What do you make of Laundry's pretty much just +1'ing your content as of late? I'd also like to hear more about Fanny from you.

I'm sorry if this comes across as curt/rude, but are you new here? I mean to say this in a way that isn't offensive, but if you have played with Ryker before this would make sense, but I don't recall you ever playing a game with him so this is just coming across as odd to me. What is wrong with someone having take charge? Hypothetically, one could be an alpha and town and take charge which could win the game. Especially coming off personal experience, I see both sides of the coin. I just don't like your phrasing on it.

Tbh, I am surprised you aren't on me. Last I remember, you are one of the few people who are always on me regardless of what game it is. It is striking me as a bit off that you aren't trying to combat me like you usually do.

Next thing is just a minor annoyance point for later on in the game/connection trails:

[collapse=Stop this.]

[/collapse]

Stop doing these lists on D1. It is muddying up reading and the lists can be much more succinct. We do not need to know every null read in the game. Keep your lists clean and more importantly, scum reads to the top. We need more reads lists like this to see thoughts.

I'm gonna go more into the direct attacks on me/give some reads I am feeling out currently.
@#HBC | Dancer

like this

this entire post

reads as prototypical J, right down to the exuses as to why he's not playing, the little questions he sends out to players, and the lack of overall action. He plays from the armchair D1 and expects others to be okay with it whether they like it or not.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I just feel like if J was town he would be more interested in that WoT vs. WL thing then he seems right now.
He's interested in it. He's made far too many quick passes about WoTT and I for him not to be. It's just not overt because that would require him to interact toDay, and he won't do that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Laundry was important because he started vs. Spak and turned it into vs Watt. It was a perfect opportunity to get more insight on his slot and I felt what he was directing our way was worth rebuttal.
Lemme make this clear: I started into Spak because you did. I felt suspicious of his vote but couldn't really give it a good reason, so I let it go. Your comment gave me the frame of reference to question him, so I went in on it. Then you pussied out almost immediately after starting into him, and I became much more interested in that 180 than a weird RVS vote.

I don't believe I ever called spak a focus. I've been taking the opportunities to read him as they come since Orbo declined to, but so far that has been all: the way people have treated the interaction around him has been more interesting than he actually is.
Because 90% of his play is self-serving and he's made nary a move after starting the game. His only other vote is on Kantrip. There's little to say about that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I can't speak for Orbo, but it looks just like standard opening game dialogue. An excuse to talk to another player. Since it ended up giving us a lot of non RVS stuff to work with in the end I think it served it's purpose.

If it was standard opening dialog to talk to another player, why did he abandon the dialog immediately after starting it?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I just re-read the game (hence this post), and honestly nothing from WoTT stuck out to me as being very scummy. I think the J avenue has merit but unfortunately this re-read didn't give me any real insights on whose scum or not and I think I'm just going to have to do it again, I'll follow this up in a little with another post soon to explain it.

Did you blatantly miss his V/LA?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Wait, I just realized Gheb reads me as town. wtf that never happens gheb are you sick do i need to take you to nurse jeoy what

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I guess that puts me at caught up.

Maven's Ryker hate feels like it's just too early. Ryker did call a V/LA at the start of the game for a tournament that did happen this weekend and, like Ryker typically does, he didn't return last night despite the tournament ending. I don't think shooting Ryker in the face now is a good idea. If he continues to prod-dodge then I am much more on-board with that "let's lynch him because he, of all people, isn't talking" idea, but I think it's simply too early to make that move.

Meanwhile, I do see the J hate, but I can't be arsed to buy into it because he pulled this **** in the last game we played and flipped town in it. It's not that I disagree that it's scummy play, I just think there's still too solid of a chance for him to flip town from it.

I still think WoTT is scummy. I don't like that 180 at the start of the game, I don't like how we haven't seen Orbo outside of his drunken ****posting at the start of the game that got them into this mess, and I don't like how they're trying to change facts on how that 180 even happened.

That's about all I think in terms of the popular wagons. I don't have some dark horse lynch choice at the moment.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do we give Ruy passes for drunken ****posting? I've forgotten.
I think we've kinda grown oblivious to it at this point. Not that it ever actually came into play but yeah.

Wait, I just realized Gheb reads me as town. wtf that never happens gheb are you sick do i need to take you to nurse jeoy wha
Don't do it!

But yeah when I asked Ryker whether your play is scum or just typical Laundry-D1-stuff he said it's the latter and I agree.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
How would that change if the only person who knew you were Town is the scumteam, Spak?

The only person I know as town is myself. If, hypothetically, I were scum, that might have implied WoTT as scum early-game, but he's been questioning my posts a moderate amount recently (but not pushing to a scum level, nor giving more empty pushes).

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Orbo here with a psa, apparently going out to the field in the next day or two so been busy prepping for that and friend of mine in the area bout to be going to basic so been hanging out with her. Imma get at this later tonight tho

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I can't speak for Orbo, but it looks just like standard opening game dialogue. An excuse to talk to another player. Since it ended up giving us a lot of non RVS stuff to work with in the end I think it served it's purpose.
I don't deny that it got us out of RVP, but I would still like to know his reasoning.

That's not how it happened Fanny.

Except that's exactly how it happened.

Spak #75 He votes Maven.

Your #94 you quote Spak with "???"

Spak #96 Replies to you with a quote of Maven saying he didn't get his pm (Thus explaining his vote)

Your #98 you say "I am in" to Dancer's Apex 16 question, and put "Ah okay" on the second line.

Your #99 is a EBWOP letting know Spak that the "Ah okay" was addressed to him.
Thus indicating you understood the reasoning.

Four ****ing hours later then WATT comes in at #101 and pressures spak.

So yeah that's exactly how it happened.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Sure.

I don't like how Wott came into the thread, tried to put an angle out on Spak, and then immediately backpedaled off it in a somewhat hands-off way.

I like Rake because Rake's making sense and making moves. Vast difference between Rake and, say, Ryker or Gheb.

Maven is a weaker version of Rake right now. I don't hold his ****posting at the start of the game against him, as I was spicing the thread up with my dank memes myself, but I think he was spot on with his Ruy/Spak insight.

Spak's mostly benefit of the doubt. I don't see a scummer doing what he did and surviving, I think he would've slipped up.

I agree with your view on Rake. How do you feel about Watt shifting focus to you after pushing and then backpedalling off Spak, especially considering my post above?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There's that golden get out of jail free card again.

Ruy do you have much of a reason to pressure him after that? What is the basis of your Spak suspicion? Why is he worth your time over less active players like Ryker or J or other boneheads like WoTT?

What do you mean by that? I have no idea how he plays nor an idea how to operate of he were to be scum.

I still do not like how he went about the Maven stuff early on, but I do like how he has explained himself. I don't like some explanations that look like, "Don't look at me" but the raw honestly and effort at least look genuine to me.

You know why I have been looking at him, I have only been continueing such to make sure I'm not wrong for right now in letting him go about.

I'm aware of other players, some of which have caught my eye. I'll get to those since I am not focused on spak right now outside of reads and why from him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This is my problem with Ryu's questioning. He says he wants us to let him continue to feel Spak out, but then he doesn't ask any questions the rest of the time he's on, even when he's talking to Spak he just gives some joke reference to some game (i think?) post. Then later he comes in and posts, but the whole "let me question him" is odd to be because he's barely doing that. He is also voting the guy but says he wants to feel him out before he puts him in one side or another.

He's also brought up my RVS post as being bad, but when I pointed out he did the same thing more times then I did, he admitted he did but still insisted his point stands. How does his point stand if it would logically make his slot scummier then mine? I'm not sure if it's scum intent or not, I'm not voting him off any of this yet, but it's weird and stands out to me. On the other hand I'd have expected scumRyu to push Spak much harder then he has, hence why there's no vote. I still want attention called to this.

No, he's a newer player so the fact that his push was weak was probably not evident to him, so for me to defend him could only be a pro-town action, and honestly if I was in that position I'd probably give a town read to me too, it makes sense.

The Watt town read is more questionable, but right now I'm reading it as just a poor read then scummy, if he was trying to turn people to his side by reading them as town he'd probably try and town read Ryu and Laundry or Rosa who are the ones that were/are pushing him.

Ok, this gave me an idea, and I don't think it's an idea we should do but since I've seen no one else suggest it, since we know that items will be given to whoever kills a target, we could give the ring to someone we believe would be NK'd so anyone who kills them will get the doublevote and immediately out themselves.

I think this is too risky to do but I'd consider it the best option after destroying it, if anyone has an idea to make that work bring it up, but as it stands I still think we should destroy it. Just want to bring up any alternative so we could discuss it if needed.

I've been playing here since November of last year, I believe I've actually only played 2 games with Ryker unless he was in a hyrda and I missed it, but overall, and people who have played with me can collaborate, I basically always attack any alpha attempt as soon as I see it, because I don't believe any player should have so much clout with others unless they are essentially confirmed town. If someone's drawing the spotlight I go at it because if they want that much power they should have that much more scrutiny. Normally this goes on until I'm happy enough with the slot to stop it. And overall I don't like alphas forming out of nothing other then personality instead of game reasons. No problem with a slot having more clout then others, that always happens, but I find players letting anther player have their way because of personality to be lazy and detrimental, and in no small part it's for my own read, I'm instinctively more skeptical in this game of someone of unknown alignment coming in and trying to boss people around then I am of someone not doing that. So I push and ask questions. One I got lynched for doing it.

Yes I did, I asked for his reason and explanations on reads, go back and read that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I am watching BB while I am responding to things but I am gonna do a little PSA.

My not doing things D1 =/= scummy. I mean, you are welcome to your opinion on how to play the game, but that does not mean you have the right "nip it in the bud" especially considering how long I have been playing this game, I know which playstyle works best for me. Ironically, this is the only site that seems to persist that there is a problem. If I am lynched for not being "gung-ho" D1, then I have no qualms. But I am not yet, so I am gonna continue to play haha.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Lemme make this clear: I started into Spak because you did. I felt suspicious of his vote but couldn't really give it a good reason, so I let it go. Your comment gave me the frame of reference to question him, so I went in on it. Then you pussied out almost immediately after starting into him, and I became much more interested in that 180 than a weird RVS vote.

Because 90% of his play is self-serving and he's made nary a move after starting the game. His only other vote is on Kantrip. There's little to say about that.

The quotes you're quoting are responding to Rake specifically, he seems to think we thought Spak much more important than we did. You're only mentioned because he asked about you just fyi.

If it was standard opening dialog to talk to another player, why did he abandon the dialog immediately after starting it?

I still think WoTT is scummy. I don't like that 180 at the start of the game, I don't like how we haven't seen Orbo outside of his drunken ****posting at the start of the game that got them into this mess, and I don't like how they're trying to change facts on how that 180 even happened.

If I'm not mistaken 100% of the dislike for our slot is summed up here. Both from you and Rake, and Gheb.

Do any of you have any better reasons?

I took over after Orbo's initial round of drunkposting because army, so when you talk about changing facts I literally don't know what the facts are to have been changed. I can pretty much only call them as I see them and Orbo has made it pretty clear to me he really had no plan in what he was doing wrt Spak and what's in thread was what he thought.

So I repeat: do any of you have any better reasons?
I've noticed all of zero people having problems with any other aspect of our play so far except Rake and J about ancient Dietz meta vs J which I've addressed and in the case of J's post, voted for.

Maven89

Smash Master
You essentially said "If i'm lynched for my playstyle so be it, i'll let that be the consequence", which would be purposefully getting a town slot killed, if you were town. which makes no sense. or you're scum hoping to scare off people pushing you to interact more by saying you'll refuse it even if it kills you, which would then be the only option left

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I tend to not make sense to a lot of people. Mainly it's due to my aloofness over the years. But that reason to vote me is really narrowminded.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
The only pass I'd give him is that he's supposedly been V/LA for a tournament. I just don't remember if he called for that to end yesterday or today, as he tends to skip playing mafia the night he returns simply to relax from all the traveling. If he doesn't appear today, I'm on board with this, simply because we've gotten the touch-n-go prod-dodging Ryker and that one's more often scum than not.

For the record he's not V/LA anymore, I played a ton of Yomi with him yesterday night (which itself probably is a reason to have not posted), but he should be here.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
That seems like a lot of J votes... Just out of curiosity, could we get a vote count? I want to see how close everyone is to getting lynched before making any votes.

Top Bottom