• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
For a D1 event, permanent double voter is way too risky to give to anyone. I'm for destroying the ring. If we had a clear, this would be different.

Temp Vote Count:

Destroy {3} - J, WoTs, Ryker
Not voting: everyone else

I'll keep tally of "temp" votes so we don't have a situation of people not knowing what is going on.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Made an addendum to the event since it wasn't immediately clear in the description. The ring becomes a part of the player inventory and is constantly active as long as it is in the player inventory. The player who gets the ring, if the ring is distributed, will have a double vote so long as they carry the ring in their inventory.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I vote to destroy the ring. If we had someone that was for sure town, I'd say give it to them, but I don't think we can decisively say anything more than a lean for any given person on D1.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fanny, have I actually played a game to completion with you on SWF? If so, can you tell me which? I legitimately don't remember one.
Only one that comes to mind is Fire Vs Lighting 2 where you replaced Laundry I think.

Do you find Orbo and Laundry's interaction forced ?

:059:
Not really, Laundry posts like that regardless of alignment and Orbo has replied to everyone similarly at that point in this game.

I think Spak's responses have been lacking and might be a tell if it was anything other then a random RVS vote so early in the game, there's nothing pro-scum about what he's done, and overall he comes off more like he gave a more serious answer to his joke in the belief people were insulting him so he had to overcompensate, and is now stuck. I don't think it's scummy and I'm more suspicious of certain people pushing him, mainly Fandango and Ryu.
What's so suspicious about my or Ryu's push?

Sorry, I didn't look at notifications first. It was originally intended as a joke, but then I got serious about trying to get a read on Maven. Then I cooked up this stupid story of disguising it as a joke and it originally being intended to be serious (which I didn't have enough Mafia experience to know how dumb of a story it was) and posted my heart away when I was half-asleep. After that happened, I woke up the next morning, was disgusted at my thought process, and tried to stop replying as soon as people would get off my case about it so I could lay low for a while. Wots and Laundry wouldn't stop asking questions though, and Wots' laying off and moving onto another topic gave him a town lean read for me (because if he was Mafia he would want to put constant pressure on me and know I'm not his partner). So basically, I screwed myself over in the eyes of some fellow townies because of something that was originally intended to be a joke but I then took it seriously.

Anyways, the page just got updated with the new Maven posts, and he is now a town lean in my eyes. He could have easily pinned me and gone through another lynch safely if he were Mafia, but he legitimately looked through my posts and tried to read what I was attempting to say.
Fine, but I still don't like your #143 at all, Just the way you phrased it seemed like were trying to divert the attention away from you.

What are your current reads right now Spak?

Also agree with everyone, double vote this early on the game, plus on an item that can shift users like that, sounds too risky. Not to mention the thoughts of Ryker with double vote are the stuff of nightmares. I will vote to destroy it, but once everyone else has given their thoughts about it.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Sorry, I didn't look at notifications first. It was originally intended as a joke, but then I got serious about trying to get a read on Maven. Then I cooked up this stupid story of disguising it as a joke and it originally being intended to be serious (which I didn't have enough Mafia experience to know how dumb of a story it was) and posted my heart away when I was half-asleep. After that happened, I woke up the next morning, was disgusted at my thought process, and tried to stop replying as soon as people would get off my case about it so I could lay low for a while. Wots and Laundry wouldn't stop asking questions though, and Wots' laying off and moving onto another topic gave him a town lean read for me (because if he was Mafia he would want to put constant pressure on me and know I'm not his partner). So basically, I screwed myself over in the eyes of some fellow townies because of something that was originally intended to be a joke but I then took it seriously.

Anyways, the page just got updated with the new Maven posts, and he is now a town lean in my eyes. He could have easily pinned me and gone through another lynch safely if he were Mafia, but he legitimately looked through my posts and tried to read what I was attempting to say.
Can I get a "it was/was not a joke with nothing eelse in the way

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Only one that comes to mind is Fire Vs Lighting 2 where you replaced Laundry I think.

Not really, Laundry posts like that regardless of alignment and Orbo has replied to everyone similarly at that point in this game.

Fine, but I still don't like your #143 at all, Just the way you phrased it seemed like were trying to divert the attention away from you.

Also agree with everyone, double vote this early on the game, plus on an item that can shift users like that, sounds too risky. Not to mention the thoughts of Ryker with double vote are the stuff of nightmares. I will vote to destroy it, but once everyone else has given their thoughts about it.
Even the newish people know not to trust ryker lmao

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
That's fine with me. That post was the desperation for a read in combination with me trying lay low (as I stated in the post you quoted).

As I stated earlier I don't have any strong scum reads right now, but here is my list:

1. Wots All This Then?
2. Gheb_01
3. Maven89
4. Kantrip
5. Spak
6. RosalinaSGS
7. FandangoX
8. Red Ryu
9. #HBC | Dancer
10. #HBC | Ryker
11. Rake the Macaroni Jabroni
12. Laundry
13. #HBC | J

Town
Town Lean
Neutral
Mafia Lean
Mafia

Can I get a "it was/was not a joke with nothing eelse in the way
It was a joke that turned into me desperately trying to get a read of Maven after people kept pestering me. So at the time it was posted, it was a joke.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
100% we should destroy the ring, we have little to do with it today and it would need to be used to good effect immediately or scum will just kill the rinbearer when they want it. In theory the owner can pass it but thats still asking for NAR trouble. Any doublevote today would be garbage

@Laundry now that you've seen more what do you make of shax mindset

@Maven who are you voting and why esp if it's still you. Mobile johns

@Ryker I counterclaim Swiss how now brown cow

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
That's fine with me. That post was the desperation for a read in combination with me trying lay low (as I stated in the post you quoted).

As I stated earlier I don't have any strong scum reads right now, but here is my list:

1. Wots All This Then?
2. Gheb_01
3. Maven89
4. Kantrip
5. Spak
6. RosalinaSGS
7. FandangoX
8. Red Ryu
9. #HBC | Dancer
10. #HBC | Ryker
12. Laundry
13. #HBC | J

Town
Town Lean
Neutral
Mafia Lean
Mafia

It was a joke that turned into me desperately trying to get a read of Maven after people kept pestering me. So at the time it was posted, it was a joke.
Ty 10charssss

Maven89

Smash Master
We destroy that ring or give it to a player in a risky gambit that they'll overreact and out themselves

Only the first option is viable

Vote: Cast it into the Fire! DESTROY IT!

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
100% we should destroy the ring, we have little to do with it today and it would need to be used to good effect immediately or scum will just kill the rinbearer when they want it. In theory the owner can pass it but thats still asking for NAR trouble. Any doublevote today would be garbage

@Laundry now that you've seen more what do you make of shax mindset

@Maven who are you voting and why esp if it's still you. Mobile johns

@Ryker I counterclaim Swiss how now brown cow
Mobile aint even that bad

Maven89

Smash Master
The entire Spak push is very weak in why he's scum and you just sort of popped up and threw a vote on him while repeating information Laundry said almost verbatim. Ryu took it up and is pushing it now but I still find it a weird thing to do, gut instinct is scum intent behind it to keep the Spak push going. He's taking it more seriously then I feel Alex (do I get to call him that?) or anyone else that was questioning him was, Laundry I easily see the town intent behind, Ryu not so much

Maven89

Smash Master
Additionally: Why do you have maven as a town read atm, and did it have anything at all to do with the joke
normally i don't want to answer for other people but he actually said why in the bottom of #180

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Then I will make my leave with the fact I see from the votecount that maven is self voting wrt my previous question. Why is your vote still there after your statement on gamestate irl night 1 and who will you be movi g it to

Maven89

Smash Master
I don't have anything else to vote on and doubt votes will pile on me fast enough that me voting myself will come into play, so I just didn't do anything with it

Unvote

Fandangox

Smash Lord
The entire Spak push is very weak in why he's scum and you just sort of popped up and threw a vote on him while repeating information Laundry said almost verbatim.
Except I never voted him, I haven't voted anybody. I pushed him to get a read, and I pushed him since he was at the spotlight atm.

Ryu took it up and is pushing it now but I still find it a weird thing to do, gut instinct is scum intent behind it to keep the Spak push going. He's taking it more seriously then I feel Alex (do I get to call him that?) or anyone else that was questioning him was, Laundry I easily see the town intent behind, Ryu not so much
That's a good point, but I think that's just how Ryu's meta goes, I replaced him once him one game and every one thought he was scum due to his weak pushes.

Can you elaborate more on how you see Ryu's and Laundry's pushes?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Got done mowing the grass about an hour and a half ago. It's 95 degrees out there :(
Perhaps this might seem inconsequential, but why did you post this?

Come to think of it, I haven't actually heard from Maven in a while. I can't get a scum, neutral, or a town read on someone who isn't posting.

@ Maven89 Maven89 are you there?
For the record I agree with Fan that this post is gross. Why single Maven out like this when most of the game is inactive? It's timing is bizarre and it does give off the impression of an attempt to redirect attention off of you.

There's some more Spak stuff I would like to comment on but I want him to respond to me first.

Then talk with me. That's the best way to get me involved into D1 is to force me into questions/trails. I get more involved the more connections I see. I'll start the avenue, what do you make of Laundry and WoTs debate currently? Since you said you feel confident on reading WoTs, I'd like some insight since that slot is always 50/50 for me. The only time I read them correctly was with Sang as Moira in my last game on here.

Side-bar: Your playstyle *first post* mimics old-Swiss style with the talking to everyone individually, but I also recall you doing that often as well.
If the issue is that you have trouble getting involved D1, then Laundry vs. Spak seems like a good place to jump right in. Why do you want (need?) to wait for Ryker (or anyone, I suppose) to ask you a question?

Need to read up on mechanics before I give my opinion of the event.

Also Ryker I realize that you're busy but J did ask you question for when you get back.

So just let me get this straight, you were trying to redirect attention off of you?

Also who would be okay with an inactive Kantrip lynch?

#HBC | Dancer

*thinking about it

Every role has an inventory in this game that may or may not include items at the start. If a player that has items dies, whoever is responsible for the kill will receive those items. In the event that two players end up killing each other, items will be randomly distributed or used for an event.
So basically scum could just kill whoever has the ring and snag.

Lol okay no. Destroy it.

#HBC | Dancer

*snag it.

ack I need to double check my posts before posting.

Also SPAK! I saw you viewing the thread! Get back here you! :mad:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If the issue is that you have trouble getting involved D1, then Laundry vs. Spak seems like a good place to jump right in. Why do you want (need?) to wait for Ryker (or anyone, I suppose) to ask you a question?

Need to read up on mechanics before I give my opinion of the event.

Also Ryker I realize that you're busy but J did ask you question for when you get back.
I do have trouble getting into D1, but I have been still prodding. What would you like me to talk about Laundry vs. Spak because I have been noticing more of the WoTs vs. Laundry then the former. I don't want/need Ryker for anything really and I don't get why you thought that based on my response?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Temp Vote Count:

Destroy {6} - Spak, Maven*, Dancer, J, WoTs, Ryker
Not voting: everyone else

*Annotates already voted

#HBC | Dancer

I do have trouble getting into D1, but I have been still prodding. What would you like me to talk about Laundry vs. Spak because I have been noticing more of the WoTs vs. Laundry then the former. I don't want/need Ryker for anything really and I don't get why you thought that based on my response?
Answering your second question first: Because you told Ryker in the post I quoted that the best way to get you involved was to force you into questions/trials. It seems to imply that you want to be asked questions.

First question: Anything that comes to mind. Did you get a read off of it? Agree/disagree with anybody's stances that they took? Any thoughts on Spak's reasoning, his reactions, or Laundry's attack? I mention that interaction specifically because I feel that it's the most prevalent so far. Don't let it stop your Wot vs. Laundry investigation though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I do wanna be asked questions, from anyone haha. Not just one particular person.

I'll go re-look over it because I didn't really notice much that really "stuck out" to me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
For those who don't know, Ryker is like a birthday boy. He's sitting in the circle with his paper Mcdonald's crown on demanded we cede every argument to him and let him be the only one who plays "cause it's his birthday". Push him back just as hard as he pushes you, no one cares and will actually like that you do so.
Why did you write this paragraph? It just looks like an attempt to knock Ryker down before he even really got into the game. I mean sure, we all know that Ryker is stubborn but this looks like a little too much of mudslinging/demeaning him for your benefit. Could you point out what you hoped to accomplish posting this?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
First question: Anything that comes to mind. Did you get a read off of it? Agree/disagree with anybody's stances that they took? Any thoughts on Spak's reasoning, his reactions, or Laundry's attack? I mention that interaction specifically because I feel that it's the most prevalent so far. Don't let it stop your Wot vs. Laundry investigation though.
Re-quoting so I can finally re-answer. After looking back through things, I do disagree to the notion that Spak looks scummy. I am seeing if anything more of a town-lean. He seems to be new to this site in terms of how DGames crew rolls and got caught in his words. It looked like Laundry was trying to take it and move along with it to get out of RvS. Spaks' reasoning seemed calm and genuine which I wouldn't expect of new-er scum to have that much acting skills to convince me of.

So to sum it up, got a slight town lean on Spak and a null on Laundry. This is also probably why I did not comment on it much because I don't see scum-vibes from it yet.

Regarding your Kanty question, I'm never really down for inactive lynches D1 because they don't provide much intel for us to work off us. But he hasn't posted at all since the game started so @ BarDulL BarDulL what's the status with Kanty?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Then taking matters into my own hands here. @Kantrip come in here and post some reads on people. Or let us know you are alive.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I need to go to bed before I get back into this, I do say we break the ring or any other item til day 2 when we get a better idea where people's heads are at.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Guess who boys?

Alex, tell me straight, are you scum this game or are you gonna work with me?

I'm very confident in my ability to read Orbo/Dietz if they actually play the game and if they coast, I'll just lynch them.

J, I will still be more than willing to lynch you if I cannot read you. Please do me a favor and do not coast around in the beginning of the game. Go out of the way to give me something to work with when I need it and I will go out of my way not to read you incorrectly.

Rake, friend, pal, homie, chum. How active do you think you're going to end up being? I intend to talk with you a lot this game.

Fanny, have I actually played a game to completion with you on SWF? If so, can you tell me which? I legitimately don't remember one.

@ Spak Spak Common site culture is to let me do whatever the hell I want and hope you're on my team. You're new to me, so if I have trouble reading you, I will attempt to remove you. I advise answering my questions and proactively interacting with other players so I do not pay as much attention to you.

Gheb, I like you. I just wanted to vote Kantrip because you were doing it. I have since decided that was a poor decision as I may be mistaken for crumbing a Gheb role. I claim not Gheb. @ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS should I not have just said that aloud?

Maven, how helpful will flavor be considering we are playing a game based on DGames history?

I'm really looking forward to this game.
Um... non sequitur. What are you trying to say?
Why are you comparing apples to oranges and trying to sell it as lemons ?
Did you really need to justify your vote like this, and why did you feel the need to justify it like this ?
Why assume maven wouldn't post more on his own ? What does different content mean contextually to you ?

:059:
At this post, I finally realised Rake is Gheb...
cos :059:
Vote: Spak

my reads atm,

1. Wots All This Then? (Orboknown/Jdietz Hydra)
2. Gheb_01
3. Maven89
4. Kantrip
5. Spak
6. RosalinaSGS
7. FandangoX
8. Red Ryu
9. #HBC | Dancer
10. #HBC | Ryker
12. Laundry
13. #HBC | J

green = town
light green = town lean
white = neutral
orange = mafia lean
red = mafia
lol 'white'

Earlier, after i considered Spak a bit more, he actually turned town. I considered his circumstances and decided he was a town who tried a gambit that failed. But after his attempt to shift the spotlight onto Maven and the above post (especially the above post), I feel he's scum, or maybe indy. I don't think it's likely that he would just construct a story, playing a gambit on a gambit, to reason out his play rather than simply telling the truth. It just feels like he's taking the possible explanations others gave and using them for an easy way out. Also, his town lean on Maven feels like him supporting another because he supported him.

Vote remains on Spak. Legit now.
Vote: Destroy ring

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Also, Spak's post seems too... fake. Then again, it is the internet, and like he said, emotions can't be communicated well, but I'm not convinced.

@Kantrip Read #236

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Dancer seems town.
cos #224-227

J seems scum. Reasons: Gut and #233 seems filler-ish. Also disagree with analysis on Spak, but can't be helped there.

Top Bottom