• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Pivot Grabbing (An idea to improve Ganon's Grab)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
EDIT: Also Kalm quick question. For the Stuttered Step Reverse Pivot Grab. I assume you still have the C-stick on Smash. What I've been doing is pressing the C-stick forward to the oponent, while simulataneously pressing the analong stick backwards and pressing Z.

This has given me much better results as far as less momentum, but is this what your talking about?
Press the analong stick back while pressing C-stick forward and Z at the same time. (Right Kalm?)
Yes.

Well at least we know there is a way to get less momentum. However just wondering, does his have any other major affects on the control schemes, and if it does, how does help or probably more importantly, hurt us?
The slide is all I could think of at the moment, and just another note; we have a very very very (very and very) hard to do infinite grab release on Bowser and some other characters, by stutter grabbing (and I'm sure mostly all the characters do to).

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I really like the term stutter grabbing in addition to RPG. Both are cool terms. Grab infinite on Bowser is great to know about. I'm gonna check it out.

Gleam

Smash Ace
Sure you could theoretically RPG with anyone, but how fast roughly is Ganon's grab compared to everyone elses? I always though Ganon had a pretty fast grab off the bat, but it would need to be pretty fast compared to the cast to make it truely advantageous. Also, ha anyone tested out this move trying to grab characters out of their 'safe pokes' (ie. DDD, DK, & Marth f-tilt, etc)? 'Cause if you could FPG some of them out of their pokes, it would help Ganon's defensive options greatly.
It is fast, or at least fast enough I'd say. And it is easily possible to grab from pokes. Seeing as how I grabbed Zigmia from his Down Tilt.

Videos???

I haven't experimented with this at all (I've all but given up on trying to grab people with ganon) but from what im reading here it sounds very useful!

keep it up Gleam
If somebody wants to get a video up they can. Would be helpful.

Yes.

The slide is all I could think of at the moment, and just another note; we have a very very very (very and very) hard to do infinite grab release on Bowser and some other characters, by stutter grabbing (and I'm sure mostly all the characters do to).
ok, cool.

I really like the term stutter grabbing in addition to RPG. Both are cool terms. Grab infinite on Bowser is great to know about. I'm gonna check it out.
Infintes are cool too. Although I must say unless we can get another hit with a Fsmash or anything. Random grab jabs while release grabbing aren't going to be too helpful. But still, work on it.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
If somebody wants to get a video up they can. Would be helpful.
I wouldn't mind doing this, but I want to get my RPG more consistent before I make a vid. I have a handful of vids I want to make for my DSL thread, so if anyone else wants to take care of this one who has good results with the RPG, be my guest.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Eh, not much feedback from me. I've been trying to implement it into my game, though I'm a bit lousy on figuring out where it works best. What I have noticed is that, at least for me, the input method Kalm came up with doesn't work as well for me as using just the Control Stick and Z. It's very easy with using the C-Stick to perform a Smash attack by accident. Then again, the non-C-Stick method tends to result in rolls or normal dash grabs more often.

Eh, any tips on good times to use a RPG? I know that as a Ganon main I should probably have a better grasp on its timing, but eh, I don't. Maybe I just need to play some Ganon dittos. I really don't play a lot of (serious) Ganons.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I've started using the pivot grabs but it only works against the campies.
They just see me run toward them, then I just pass them and turn and gotcha!
I haven't been able to PG MK though. Little things hard to catch.

:034:

Smash Hero
We should definitely test that, especially since we have a grab release stuff on MK... Didn't we have a grab infinite?

Gleam

Smash Ace
We should definitely test that, especially since we have a grab release stuff on MK... Didn't we have a grab infinite?
We can Grab release->wizard Foot MK.

The only Infinite I'm aware of is our infinite on Wario.

Grab...jab....grab....jab. Really tedious and just smacking him with an Fsmash is just far easier and better.

ItemfinderDeluxe

Smash Cadet
I just saw this concept in the Brawl Tactical Discussion. I'm not entirely convinced that Ganon's Pivot Grab is large enough to get MK without being hit by the leading edge of the tornado first, but obviously we'll have to test it.
Actually, that video is incorrect. MK cancelled the Tornado before Ness grabbed him; you can tell by the sound MK makes before Ness grabbed him.

Of all of MK's moves, I could only see RPG working on D-Special, U-Smash, Glide Attack, and D-Smash possibly. Everything else just fits too fast for Ganon to react to. However, if we could RPG the D-Smash, then it might help out with surviving one of his main Kill moves. What do you think?

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Reverse Pivot Grabbing

Press the analong stick back while pressing C-stick forward and Z at the same time. (Right Kalm?)
---
I started using this about 3 months ago, i feel like it is smoother and reacts quicker, although it's probably all in my mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom