• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Lightning Kick

I didn't think it was possible (I used bair). You have to hit with the top part of the hitbox. Just now is the first time I've ever seen it happen.

Magus420

Smash Master
Hits with the bottom part of f-air here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZnJCq9PB6M#t=3m01s

The way you're sent is just based on the horizontal positions of what's considered the center of each character. If your middle line is to the left of the attacker's you will face to the right and go one way, and if on the right side you face left and go the opposite way.

On something like the knee there's a hitbox on his hip/thigh that's near his center so it's pretty easy to connect with them being positioned on either side of that center line. With kicks the hitbox is not only farther from the center so having them be in range of that while still centered on the other side of Zelda is unlikely, but they also need to somehow do that while not having any part of them touching the flub boxes inbetween.

Top Bottom