• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse boost smash?

mongoosedog927

Smash Cadet
I watched the recent vids. of SK92 at his last tourney and I noticed something that resembled a reverse boost smash. Here is the link,

http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/labels/sk92.html

The reverse boost smash I noticed was the first match against Decide at around 1:20. Could someone please explain to me the name of this move (If it is "reverse boost smash” or not) and tell me how it is perfomed. Thanx a bunch.

Falx

J4pu

Smash Champion
you can do a reverse jump canceled Up smash but not a boost one, it will slide a little but doesnt have the same sliding potential as a boost smash.
How To:
Dash
Tap backwards on analog stick
roll analog stick up from the tap backwards and press A at the timing you normally would for an up smash

mongoosedog927

Smash Cadet
Hey thanx. Now that I have reviewed the video a little closer I do realize that you are right. Srry if I got anyone too excited. Thanx for the help from J4pu and KuroZero (who responded to the same question on another thread).

masv

Smash Rookie
is there a diference between a "boost grab"(run, dash attack cancel to grab the opposite direction) and a sliding grab? (run, taping the control stick on the opposite direction while grabing)

Denzi

Smash Master
Is there any real use for this because U-smash has little sideways killing potential...
No, and it's not possible anyways.

@masv: I'm not sure about reg. boost grabbing, but reverse boost grabbing is very useful. You can use it to change direction during a chain grab, or just to throw your opponent off gaurd. (it's also better than pivot grabbing, if that's what you meant.)

Top Bottom