• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(REVAMPED) Nihilego phases into battle!

Tintenpilz

Smash Rookie

Nihilego, the mysterious parasite from Alola, has come to fight! (My original thread was not detailed enough, and I am sorry for that as I am new here.)
With the addition of Ultra Beasts to Pokemon, it seems only natural that one would be added to SSB5, and what better one than the first one?
A rock/poison type, its name comes from Latin, nihil meaning nothing and ego meaning I, translating to I am nothing, a fitting name as Nihilego is thought to not be sentient. However, it is seen acting as a little girl sometimes. Possibly the most mysterious ultra beast, it seems fitting for a smash fighter.
Here is a possible moveset:

B: Sludge Bomb

Nihilego makes a sludge bomb with its... tentacles? In a similar manner to Mewtwo or Lucario.

SideB: Stealth Rock

A sharp rock protrudes from the ground and disappears after a second. Appears on the ground regardless of being in the air or not.

DownB: Protect

Like counter, except instead of dealing damage, it makes the opponent tumble back a considerable distance, without dealing damage. You can be hit from behind while this is used.

UpB: Sludge Wave

Nihilego is engulfed in sludge, (you will not fall while engulfed if you are in the air) and boosts up using the sludge, almost like Fox's UpB combined with Greninjas. This does not deal damage.

Final Smash: Suggest a name for it because I don't know what to name it

Nihilego flies into the air, and your Mii jumps onscreen, then into Nihilego, similar to what Lusamine did in the game.

Nihilego will become bigger, and its appearance will match the Lusamine-Nihilego fusion except you are inside the Nihilego. Its damage is multiplied by 2, and this lasts for 13 seconds before reverting back.

It's losing animation would merely be it swaying side to side, as it only cares about itself.
Winning animation would be it skipping around before phasing away, in a manner similar to Meta Knight phasing out on one of his win animations.

What do you guys feel about this being added to smash? Would you rather have a different ultra beast?

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Nihilego as a Ultra Beast rep. I have a Lusamine thread that has her pair up with Nihilego too.
I envision it as being a sneaky fighter, where it balances out it's lack of kill power with traps, unusual projectiles, and other such mechanics. It's the sort of Pokemon that doesn't play fair.

I also have an idea for it's Final Smash: Nihilego dashes forwards, and if it manages to grab an opponent it attaches itself to the opponents head and becomes in full control of that character for a short while. Any kill made by the host is added to Nihilego's score, but any damage it accumulates is added to the host's percentage. If the host gets KOed while under control then both characters lose a stock. In order to make sure people don't just drop a character off at the blast zone when the FS is finished Nihil enters helpless fall as soon as it lets go while the opponent gets their double jump regardless of if it was used during Nihil's FS.

Tintenpilz

Smash Rookie
Luminario Luminario
Ooh, I much prefer that final smash over the one I made. Good balance idea.
I also like the idea of Nihilego using traps and such. Sounds like something it would do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Ultra Beasts are cool. Plus, we could always use some new villainous characters. Count me in!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It’s Nihilego day in the RTC thread, come show your support.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So when I saw it was Nihilego day on the rate thread, and Idea popped into my head. What if it was Nihliego merged with Lusamine as a fighter, as a true pokemon villian for the game?

She could be the true Pokemon Villain the series needs. Sure Lusamine was changed in Ultra, but the idea still fits. I could see her fighting with Nihilego's normal moves, like some poison and rock attacks like stealth rock and Sludge bomb, but maybe one of the B moves let's her bring out one of Lusamine's pokemone randomly, that attacks with her. I mean Diddy Kong gets the Banana Peel item, so her getting a limited Pokeball item for one of her B's could work. Like it cicles through her 6 pokemon(Clefable, Liligant, Mismagius, Salazzle, Absol, and Milotic), and they have a unique move they do. She can only use 1 pokemon out at a time, so she cannot spam all 6 pokemon at once.

I think this would be a very cool and unique character for the game.

Luminario

Smash Lord
So when I saw it was Nihilego day on the rate thread, and Idea popped into my head. What if it was Nihliego merged with Lusamine as a fighter, as a true pokemon villian for the game?

She could be the true Pokemon Villain the series needs. Sure Lusamine was changed in Ultra, but the idea still fits. I could see her fighting with Nihilego's normal moves, like some poison and rock attacks like stealth rock and Sludge bomb, but maybe one of the B moves let's her bring out one of Lusamine's pokemone randomly, that attacks with her. I mean Diddy Kong gets the Banana Peel item, so her getting a limited Pokeball item for one of her B's could work. Like it cicles through her 6 pokemon(Clefable, Liligant, Mismagius, Salazzle, Absol, and Milotic), and they have a unique move they do. She can only use 1 pokemon out at a time, so she cannot spam all 6 pokemon at once.

That idea was brought up in the Lusamine thread too. I'm not too sure about her throwing out more Pokemon, and she might actually be too big if they have to stick to scale with Pokemon Trainer, but she'd be fantastic. Like, I'm pretty sure that the fusion was a notable part of most people's Gen 7 experiences and something that they'll probably remember from Sun and Moon in the future.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That idea was brought up in the Lusamine thread too. I'm not too sure about her throwing out more Pokemon, and she might actually be too big if they have to stick to scale with Pokemon Trainer, but she'd be fantastic. Like, I'm pretty sure that the fusion was a notable part of most people's Gen 7 experiences and something that they'll probably remember from Sun and Moon in the future.
I had no idea we had a Lusamine thread here.

I was just thinking it would be interesting to throw out pokemon for a single special attack, like I said Diddy kong gets the banana peel item. The pokemon attacks wouldn't be as strong as normal pokeball attacks. Plus it would help facilitate Lusamine being part of it.

Sakurai has recently said when does scale matter, so size would be too much of an issue. Make her King K Rool size and could work.

And yeah I found that part super cool and when I heard it was cute from Ultra that partially decided for me I didn't want to buy that version

Machete

Smash Ace

This is absolutely the best idea for a Pokémon newcomer. I've loved this ever since I saw this design. But if she's not even fightable in the game, I don't see her being in Smash. I really wish they did something weird like this. I'd much rather a weird Pokémon newcomer like Nihilego-Lusamine, Buzzwole or Necrozma over another starter.

It won't happen, but goddamn if this isn't the absolute coolest Pokémon character possible.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This is absolutely the best idea for a Pokémon newcomer. I've loved this ever since I saw this design. But if she's not even fightable in the game, I don't see her being in Smash. I really wish they did something weird like this. I'd much rather a weird Pokémon newcomer like Nihilego-Lusamine, Buzzwole or Necrozma over another starter.

It won't happen, but goddamn if this isn't the absolute coolest Pokémon character possible.
Yeah I agree the chance of her being playable is slim, as most likely they just do starter or just another pokemon thats more popular.

If she doesn't make the cut as a playable, imagine her as a boss for story mode.

Machete

Smash Ace
Yeah I agree the chance of her being playable is slim, as most likely they just do starter or just another pokemon thats more popular.

If she doesn't make the cut as a playable, imagine her as a boss for story mode.
She is one of those characters that is base roster or bust, so yeah, if not playable, boss would be cool. But it still stings a bit. I am really not a fan of this gen's starters, I much prefer weird Pokemon and something like her would be amazing. Even more than other Pokemon, since this would honestly be her only chance at being playable. Hell, fight-able!

Absolutely love the idea of her using her own Pokemon with a special move. She could be one of the most unique newcomers ever.

zferolie

Smash Hero
She is one of those characters that is base roster or bust, so yeah, if not playable, boss would be cool. But it still stings a bit. I am really not a fan of this gen's starters, I much prefer weird Pokemon and something like her would be amazing. Even more than other Pokemon, since this would honestly be her only chance at being playable. Hell, fight-able!

Absolutely love the idea of her using her own Pokemon with a special move. She could be one of the most unique newcomers ever.
Man the more I think of it the more I kinda want her as the pokemon rep, even though I know it will never happen lol. its too different/out there for smash, and Pokemon company would probably push for something else. I just think this could be the perfect Villain rep for pokemon. Sure Lusamine repeanted and Nihilego could be veiwed as indifferent, but still i think both could qualify as evil when fused.

Was thinking of a moveset while driving home. I think it could be a very interesting fighter that focused of traps and set ups, like Nihiliego itself is in the games, doing set ups and making the target poisoned or stunned or trapped. Being poisoned also effects some of the other moves. I also like the idea that it could be a charge type fighting, that holding down the B button for most of its specials changes the move effects aore power(or what pokemon Lusamine uses with the down b) I won't go into every move atm but here are some key ones.

Jab A: Poison Jab. Nihliego punches multiple times, if hit hits with multiple attacks the target gets poisoned with the final jab.

Nair: Venom Drench. Drenches the around around it in Venom. If they are poisoned the poison damage in increased

Forward smash: Acid Spray. Nihilego sprays acid in a short range in front of it. If it his the sweet spot it poisons.

Up Smash: Power Gem. Nihilego summons a rock that hits above it.

Down smash: Clear smog. Nihilego makes smog come out on both sides of it below lusamines waist.

Pummble: Bind

B: Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes. Pressing B will make Nihilego scatter sharp rocks all around it and above if any platforms are there. The rock last on the ground for about 15 seconds and anyone that walks over them takes constant damage. Holding B turns the move into Toxic Spikes, throwing out poisoned rocks instead. Anyone that walks over them takes some damage and are poisoned, but the spikes are gone after 1 time. Stealth rock would do more damage if people keep stepping on them, while Toxic blade is good for 1 burst of damage and poison status

Forward B: Sludge Bomb/Gunk Shot. Pressing B has Nihilego fire a ball of sludge in a slight arc about 15 units in front of it. When it hits someone, or lands on the ground, it does damage an leaves a puddle of ooze on the ground. If anyone walks into it they trip. Holding B turns the attack into Gunk shot, which instead fires the gunk ball strait ahead at a fast speed. this does more damage and travels farther but doesn't leave a puddle on the ground.

Up B: Trick Room. Nihilego phases out of reality and appears at a set distance in a direction of your choosing., where you phase back in again. If you pase through anyone you deal minor damage with no flinching, and swap items with them(or just take their ito or just give your item if only 1 of you has 1.) If you hit the sweet spot, where is where you phase back in,(rest hitbox size) the target is also placed back where you teleported from. The phasing part is taking into how Nihilego is seen phasing in and out of reality in the games, so I combined that with trick room to have a unique effect.

Down B: Call pokemon. Lusamine holds up a pokeball, and throws it slightly in front of her when B is released. The Pokemon that appears is depended on how long B is held. It would look simularly to how Pac Man holds B for his neutral B move, the pokeball changing and a slight simple sprite of the pokemon she will release. Each pokemon have a different effect. The pokemon are as follows listed in the order of the B's time held.

Salazzle: Venoshock. Fires a fast stream of poison, that does double damage to anyone poisoned already.
Liligant: Teeter Dance. Liligant dances, causes anyone near it to take damage and are flipped like Mewtwos confusion.
Absol: Mean Look. Absol glares infront of it, and anyone looking towards it's eyes take no damage but are stunned.
Mismagius: Will-o-Wisp. Fires a slow moving purple ball of fire. when it hits someone that are set on fire, taking dammage then more damage every half second which also flinches then for 3 seconds.
Milotic: Aqua Tail. After a brief pause Miltoic whips its tail infront of it, doing major damage and having high launch power.
Clefable: Wish. Clefable waves its fingers and glows for a bit. 10 seconds later a shooting star crosses the sky, healing Nihilego and any teamates on the stage 20%

All pokemon have a short CD tied to them so they cannot be spammed repeatedly.

Well thats the basics and core moves. I think it may also have some other status or poisoning moves, like thunder wave, Acid, or Psywave. What you guys think?

Top Bottom