• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return to DreamLand (WIP): Model Import (Deprecated)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I think I understand "ignore toc" already, but didn't know about the first, so I looked around online a little and then realized GCRebuilder has a readme. Inside, it says this:

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------
"Options" menu commands:
---------------------------------------------------------

// Note - this options only works BEFORE opening an extracted image (ROOT -> Open)
// When a usual GC image (Image -> Open) is opened, these options are disabled.

Options -> Modify system files
----------------

- Modifies "iso.hdr" and "game.toc" files in "&&systemdata" folder while building a new image.
  Use this option if you want these files to be identical in the "Root" folder and your new image.

Options -> Do not use 'game.toc'
----------------

- With this option enabled, GCR ignores information from "game.toc" file.
  It means that you can theorically build a new working GC image with ANY files in "Root" folder
  (the "&&systemdata" folder must not contain additional files or folders).
  The only limitation - is the file size of your new image.
  It should be exactly 1.35 Gb (1459978240 bytes).
  All you'll need - is a correct "apploader.ldr" and "start.dol" files in "&&systemdata" folder
  to make such image work.

// Use this options only IF YOU REALLY KNOW, what you are doing!!!
  // If you don't sure - than just left them disabled.
I think that the only thing that GCRebuilder uses the file system table (FST) in Game.toc for is to know what files to choose within the selected folder when building an ISO, which is why Game.toc needs to be ignored when building an ISO with new files. A brand new FST is then written into your new ISO, probably regardless of whether the option is on or not (to ensure it has the correct file sizes). If you have "extra" files going into your ISO, I think the only other thing in the ISO that needs to be updated is a value for the size of the FST, listed in the .hdr file (which must be an abbreviation of "header", I figure), which would be different if you have a different number of files from the original disc.This value might also be re-evaluated (rather than just copied from the original .hdr) regardless of the options selected in GCRebuilder.

It looks like 'Modify System Files' then just updates the files in your extracted files directory, and doesn't actually affect the new game's construction. It's just so that your "source files" match the new ISO you're making, so you don't have to re-extract them.
I understand now. Cool, thanks!

MegaMagikarp

Smash Rookie
How exactly do you add this stuff to an iso?

What program are you all using, right now its not working on GCRebuilder, really want to try it, looks great.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Doesnt work on the console. I dont really feel like sorting through a 3MB file.
GALE01-117.png

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Why not the HD version?
I just think the HD SSB4 replica of the stage looks so good. The nostalgia is also stronger on the stage that looks exactly like the N64 version. I also really dislike Project M's take on the "combo tent" on the right side of the stage. It's not supposed to have a round top...for some reason that infuriates me and ruins it.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Hyrule Castle I linked will be easier for you to import.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I just think the HD SSB4 replica of the stage looks so good. The nostalgia is also stronger on the stage that looks exactly like the N64 version. I also really dislike Project M's take on the "combo tent" on the right side of the stage. It's not supposed to have a round top...for some reason that infuriates me and ruins it.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Hyrule Castle I linked will be easier for you to import.
Probably. But the HD stage was on my list of things to do anyways. But right now I have to figure out how to give the stages shadows the dont flicker incessantly. I also changed the way I was importing to make it easier for me to keep track of structures used multiple times in order to cut down of file size. But the file doesnt run on the gc. Nothings worse than when something works on dolphin but not console.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I cant figure it out. Why does the water break the game when I import it last, but wont render if I import it first. It works fine if its the only thing imported though. Maybe a bone flag? Everything works on dolphin.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Anyone want to help me figure out material flags. Theres no shadows on the current imports. Changing some values gives me shadows but they flicker with every movement.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
What are you changing to get the flickering shadows?
Its in the material struct. I think 0x4. But right now Im trying to figure out why I cant get PS and BF to run on the wii. Anyone have a way to testing what breaks on console. I believe its the bone structs that are causing the issue but Im not sure since it only breaks when I add the water last.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
SinsOfApathy SinsOfApathy

He uses some hardware debugging tools.
I can't debug on 1.02, because I don't have a 1.02 disc. So, when the crash occurs, I'll have a different stack trace.

Plus, Nintendont doesn't support GC debugging for me to use a 1.02 ISO, and I'm too busy to work on my TCP debugger.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I can't debug on 1.02, because I don't have a 1.02 disc. So, when the crash occurs, I'll have a different stack trace.

Plus, Nintendont doesn't support GC debugging for me to use a 1.02 ISO, and I'm too busy to work on my TCP debugger.
Its cool. I dont even really know what you would look for the issue anyways. The game doesnt break, it just doesnt load the stage.
That being said I reimported the stage putting everything on a previous bone instead of creating a new bone. It loaded the stage which lets me know that it was a bone issue. That being said still cant get the water to render. If I dont have the other elements rendering it works fine, but otherwise it doesnt show and the games starts lagging Im pretty sure. Its still weird as well since everything other part of the model imports fine when added to a new bone. One different thing about the water from everything else is that I had to split the mesh into 2 since I could only add 1 image to 1 material for some reason. Ill test to see if the same issue is causing PS not to load. But really I dont see why this is happening. Most things are equal and Im getting different results.

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
Can someone please guide me step by step on how to exactly install this stage using GCR?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I had a feeling it was blending attributes
I'd found this structure a while back after rebuilding my pathfinder which reported an unexpected pointer in expected data space.

but I found it in I think a KAR star file
logic alone had me guessing it was a blending struct

btw, I thought mip-mapping lowered the quality of an image the farther away it was >_>
where it was mentioned looks more like clamping...

of course though, it could be my understanding of things...
I mean, the texture structures provide a UV scale >.>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can someone please guide me step by step on how to exactly install this stage using GCR?
I abhor the "holier than thou" mentality of the people who ignored this guy.

1. Get GCR (obvious)
2. Get Melee ISO
3. Download Stage File
4. Extract root in GCR
5. Close GCR
6. Find new "root" folder
7. Paste new stage(s) into said folder. Make sure to align the stage names so that it works
FILE STAGE

GrBb.dat - Big Blue
GrCn.dat - Corneria (JP)
GrCn.usd - Corneria (US)
GrCs.dat - Princess Peach's Castle
GrEF1.dat - Trophy 1
GrEF2.dat - Trophy 2
GrEF3.dat - Trophy 3
GrFs.dat - Fourside
GrFz.dat - Flat Zone
GrGb.dat - Great Bay
GrGd.dat - Kongo Jungle
GrGr.dat - Green Greens
GrHe.dat - All-Star safe room
GrHr.dat - Home-Run Contest (JP)
GrHr.usd - Home-Run Contest (US)
GrI1.dat - Mushroom Kingdom
GrI2.dat - Mushroom Kingdom 2
GrIm.dat - Icicle Mountain
GrIz.dat - Fountain of Dreams
GrKg.dat - Jungle Japes
GrKr.dat - Brinstar Depths
GrMc.dat - Mute City
GrNBa.dat - Battlefield
GrNBr.dat - F-Zero adventure mode race
GrNFg.dat - Bonus Stage (collect trophies)
GrNKr.dat - Mushroom Kingdom adventure mode stage
GrNLa.dat - Final Destination
GrNPo.dat - ??
GrNSr.dat - Hyrule adventure mode stage
GrNZr.dat - ??
GrOk.dat - Kongo Jungle 64
GrOp.dat - Dream Land 64
GrOt.dat - Onett (JP)
GrOt.usd - Onett (US)
GrOy.dat - Yoshi's Story 64
GrPs.dat - Pokemon Stadium (JP)
GrPs.usd - Pokemon Stadium (US)
GrPs1.dat - Pokemon Stadium transform 1
GrPs2.dat - Pokemon Stadium transform 2
GrPs3.dat - Pokemon Stadium transform 3
GrPs4.dat - Pokemon Stadium transform 4
GrPu.dat - Poke Floats
GrRc.dat - Rainbow Cruise
GrSh.dat - Hyrule Temple
GrSt.dat - Yoshi's Story
GrTCa.dat - TT: Captain Falcon
GrTCl.dat - TT: Young Link
GrTDk.dat - TT: Donkey Kong
GrTDr.dat - TT: Dr. Mario
GrTe.dat - "TEST" stage
GrTFc.dat - TT: Falco
GrTFe.dat - TT: Roy
GrTFx.dat - TT: Fox
GrTGn.dat - TT: Ganondorf
GrTGw.dat - TT: Mr. Game & Watch
GrTIc.dat - TT: Ice Climbers
GrTKb.dat - TT: Kirby
GrTKp.dat - TT: Bowser
GrTLg.dat - TT: Luigi
GrTLk.dat - TT: Link
GrTMr.dat - TT: Mario
GrTMs.dat - TT: Marth
GrTMt.dat - TT: Mewtwo
GrTNs.dat - TT: Ness
GrTPc.dat - TT: Pichu
GrTPe.dat - TT: Peach
GrTPk.dat - TT: Pikachu
GrTPr.dat - TT: Jigglypuff
GrTSk.dat - TT: Sheik (test stage)
GrTSs.dat - TT: Samus
GrTYs.dat - TT: Yoshi
GrTZd.dat - TT: Zelda
GrVe.dat - Venom (JP)
GrVe.usd - Venom (US)
GrYt.dat - Yoshi's Island
GrZe.dat - Brinstar
8. Open GCR again
9. Choose "do not use game.toc" under options.
10. Choose "Open" under root
11. Highlight Root folder (do not double-click it, just select the entire folder)
12. Click "save" under root
13. Click "rebuild" under root
14. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Added a deprecated tag to the title. Future conversations should be taking place in the Model Imports thread.

Top Bottom