• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return Of Character Intros!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah I always wondered why they took them out of melee.Marth and Roy would jump out of a time capsule or something?!

mr.NoOb

Smash Cadet
I think Nintendo opted to remove the theme entrances because ssb64 has a different atmosphere than melee. ssb64 originally was intended for fun, childish competition and the theme entrances exemplified a sort of childish element.

but since the game attracted so many range of gamers and the mood became serious about it, melee took on a more mature/teen approach. The attacks are more violent.....gameplay is much faster/fluent, crunching sounds...and the absence of the theme entrances. And if you see the vids of Brawl, it looks like next level stuff not ever intended for children (12 under?).

so i would rather have the theme entrances stay out...as it might numb the serious/teenish mood.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
I think Smash was created for fun
Maybe that's one of the Sakurai Ideas of his original plan that he hopes will be realized with Brawl. I f my theory is correct, maybe the Intros will come back

A good balance and armony between fun, childish and that serious thing will make the everyone's dream Smash, just as Sakurai wants and had wanted since the first Smash project

WR3K

Smash Ace
link could have several entries i cant pick one

1- arrives on epona somehow

2-if youve atched gameplay vids of TP youd notice midna helps him teleport in a kickass way, link dissolves into many black squares and they dissappear in the sky

he could show up this way, being formed by the squares

snake would come out of his box of course

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
Myztek said:
Maybe Snake will pop out of his card board box <_<
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOL LOL LOL LOL!!

Anyways though, yeah. I didn't play the original that much, since I started with Melee, but I though the little intros were nice. Yes, bring 'em back.

secretweapon

Smash Apprentice
I miss those characetr intros, along with the character taunts when they get picked in the character select. The worst was that they took out the end clapping where people were set back according to their place. They took that out and put them in boxes to clap in. WTF is up with that?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I agree. It's the little things that make a game legendary. I think adding character intros would add more to the hardcore part of the game.

Xelyst

-_-
normal teleportation is a little more serious and generally saves time (and dosent annoy anyone)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Fire emblem - could just descend from a beam of light (boring), idk. Or could just appear from under their capes. or maybe flashes from a swordfight and they appear in a sweet battle stance.
All the smash 64 could stay.
Snake - box, Pit - from the sky, wario - motorcycle (maybe that part in the trailer is a hint that they will retrun), Zamus = samus?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Mabye they could make different ones depending on the stage instead of the character (saves time for the developers)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Mabye they could make different ones depending on the stage instead of the character (saves time for the developers)
Unless, of course, there are more stages than characters again.

I'm all for the return of the intros, I just hope all of them are unique to each character, though, I can't think of any for the individual Pokemon except for maybe different kinds of Pokeballs. They need to not just group characters in "teams" like they did in Melee for all the Mario characters and Zelda characters and such not just for the intros but for the victory themes as well (even though there's already confirmation of something like this happening).

gnosis

Smash Lord
Teams, as in, people with the same icon/theme, was in 64 and Melee. It's a way of unifying the different series within the games.

Intros though... hmm. While I was originally disappointed at their absence, I'd prefer they don't reinstate them. It'd take away from valuable developing time and always just made the screen look ugly (unless you did them one at a time, but who wants to wait for that everytime?). In other words, not worth it for me.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
O.o! How about the stage could split open, and from the flaming depths of hell, Marth and Roy can emerge, were they would then go on to use thier "incrediblelongunfairFireEmblemKOreachingabilities" and demolish those unlucky enough to bear 50%damage XDDD (remake Marth for Brawl!!)

Anil8tion

Smash Rookie
I think Nintendo opted to remove the theme entrances because ssb64 has a different atmosphere than melee. ssb64 originally was intended for fun, childish competition and the theme entrances exemplified a sort of childish element.

but since the game attracted so many range of gamers and the mood became serious about it, melee took on a more mature/teen approach. The attacks are more violent.....gameplay is much faster/fluent, crunching sounds...and the absence of the theme entrances. And if you see the vids of Brawl, it looks like next level stuff not ever intended for children (12 under?).

so i would rather have the theme entrances stay out...as it might numb the serious/teenish mood.
Pikachu is serious business.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I want the entrances in because it's nice to see the reference to some of the games, and they could still keep it in without it being childish. I don't see how an entrance is any less mature than the game itself, It will still have Mario music and mushrooms and stuff. It would be cool if they put entrances in the game or if the characters had a better ending after Adventure mode instead of some short video of them doing some moves.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Entrances would be ****ing sweet
It gives the characters more, well character plus Its just kl havin them
better than floating down on shiny platforms IMO

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i think the entrances based on the stages would be really cool, for example on fox's stage everyone gets flown in on an arwing, and for a mario stage they come out of warp pipes (kinda like the ssb64 entrances for those characters)...it would add to the mood of the stage, and make each one more unique.

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
I must admit that everyone having their own intros would be better than everyone coming out as a trophy.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree that character intros should return. And I don't think it'll take that much development time.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
characters intros would work for brawl in that it is showing a characters uniqueness which is freakin' awesome if you choose your favorite character

RAMRAM

Smash Apprentice
If Shiek were an actual character, like one you pick from the menu, she would obviously just reverse vanish into the arena. Ninja ftw! rawr!

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I think Stage-Dependent Intros are the best - without any zooming in to the character. It'd be as quick as the Current Trophy Intro, and just be a nice touch. And I think it'll be the best of both worlds.

SSB: Every Character has their Own Intro, camera zooms in on each one, taking time
SSBM: Characters spawn simultaneously through Trophy Materialisation, no zoom ins
SSBB: Characters spawn simultaneously through Stage Dependent effects, no zoom ins, same time as Melee
Perfect solution!

Battlefield - Trophy Drop
Delfino Plaza - Mario Pipes
Yoshi's Island - Eggs
Lylat Cruise - Arwings
Mario Circuit - Go Karts
Fire Emblem's Castle - From a Cannon?
Metaknight's Halberd - Cape
Pokémon Stadium - Pokéballs
Shadow Moses Island - Cardboard Boxes XD

soaz

Smash Ace
I dont feel like reading this whole thread to find out if somebody already came up with this idea.So here it goes The intro link had in ssb64 didnt have anything to do with zelda(correct me if im wrong)So if they add intros again then i think that Links should be like when he teleports in twilight princess.

Caael

Smash Lord
Here I go..

1) Mario Pipe
2) Peach Floats in on parasol
3) Bowser Koopa Clown Car
4) Luigi Pipe
5) Samus/Zamus Dropped off by ship
6) RIDLEY FTW Flies in. HELL YEAH.
7) Link Epona
8) Zelda Triforce Teleport
9) Ganondorf Dark Horse
10) Cel Link Deku Leaf
11) Kirby Warp Star
12) Dedede Warp Star?
13) Yoshi Egg
14) Donkey Kong Barrel
15) Diddy Kong Barrel
16) Pikachu Pokeball
17) Jiggly Pokeball
18) Lucario Pokeball
19) Deoxys Pokeball
20) Fox Arwing
21) Wolf Wolfwing or w/e
22) Krystal Pterdactyl thing from SA
23) Ike Horsey
24) Marth Horsey
25) Lyn Horsey
26) Metaknight Cape
27) Pit Flies
28) Olimar Rocket ship
29) Wario Chopper
30) Snake Carboard box
31) Sonic Runs

I win

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah i've always loved the intros. it's the one flaw in melee, not including the intros at the beginning (well that and the character animations when you choose them...and board the platforms)

29) Wario Chopper
hey this guy's got it down. maybe this is how the chopper gets on the stage, instead of having Wario pull it out of nowhere.

the chopper tells us that character intros return! intros confirmed!:laugh:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I dont feel like reading this whole thread to find out if somebody already came up with this idea.So here it goes The intro link had in ssb64 didnt have anything to do with zelda(correct me if im wrong)So if they add intros again then i think that Links should be like when he teleports in twilight princess.
Ever played Ocarina of Time? When you teleport using the Ocarina or come out of a special area you are slowly lowered to the ground in the same way...

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Hey colbusman...thats exactly what I was thinking when i saw the trailer.... I was like wow so there might be character intros again...

But the other thing I thought was what if Wario on his motorcycle had something to do with the new 1 player mode.....

@ Caael I love your intro and character list...It seems logical....

Cenedar

Smash Ace
^^I like the Mega Man idea. (SPOILERS AHEAD!!!)

I always imagined Ganondorf getting a makeover for his Twilight Princess look. That way he could come on stage as a bunch of those Twilight particles that people turn into when teleporting and crap. That would be awesome.

soaz

Smash Ace
Ever played Ocarina of Time? When you teleport using the Ocarina or come out of a special area you are slowly lowered to the ground in the same way...
Yes i have played OOT a couple of times and hes not lowered to the ground.For example when you play the serenade of water he just dissapeares and some blue stuff is flying away then you see the same blu stuff coming to lake hylia and once it hits the ground theres some sort of flash and link is there.

Majaba

Smash Rookie
Yes i have played OOT a couple of times and hes not lowered to the ground.For example when you play the serenade of water he just dissapeares and some blue stuff is flying away then you see the same blu stuff coming to lake hylia and once it hits the ground theres some sort of flash and link is there.
It is when you clear a dungeon and the beam of light transports you out of the dungeon.

Also, I hate to ruin his because I would love for character intros to be back, but I think the reason they weren't in melee is because the type intro a character does depends on its logo (Mario has a mushroom, Link has the Triforce symbol etc.) and some sharacters wouldn't work with this rule. So for example the Mushroom Kingdom team came through a pipe in SSB but there is Bowser in SSBM and can you honestly think that Bowser would come through a pipe Mario style for an intro? Same goes here in SSBB.

Top Bottom