• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Results Posted!* All Day Brawl Day - Spring Hill, FL - Apr 13th - 1v1/2v2 Tourneys

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
Everything is up now Raef. Thanks for coming out. If I don't have to watch the store I'll be at your tourney.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
a shame the Brawl Bash II pretty much ***** the attendance of alot of CFL people of coming to this tourney. This place is MUCH nicer than zero ping. 2x as big, room for at least 8 additional setups along with the 4 TVs already in there., plenty of space, air conditioning that actually keeps the entire room cool, and like 3 food places either in the same plaza or a block away from the place. Hopefully part 2 will be much bigger.

pretty crappy placings for both tourneys this weekend. I can do better than this!

its looking like with all the other tourney threads going on, this one would be 5/31 if you wanted to stick with the end of may deal (with Brawl Bash III may 17th, Manko season 2 the following week)

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
GBX - Thanks for the compliments :) It was good talking to you after the tourney. Thanks for showing me some practical uses for that glide throw. I was trying them out tonight in context... its really going to up my Diddy Game. I was thinking last weekend in May as well. I think that'll be what I shoot for. I'll know for sure once I talk to the owner of the store.

Roderick - Thanks again for bringing your setup it really helped out. Sorry I spelled your name wrong on the brackets.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
1 Raef - Mr. Game and Watch
2 Pink - R. O. B.
3 Gee - Toon Link
4 Game Dragonx - Diddy Kong
5 Roderick (Me) - Snake
5 SamusFTW - Ike
hmmmm...

**** i wish i went to this....but i was beat after the 1 in st.pete.....when u gonna host another1????
oh...that make sense...I was wonder what sYm wasn't doing ****** the brackets

S4MUS4theW1nN

Smash Apprentice
lol this was a great tournament. I prolly would have placed better if i didnt have to play roderick. **** projectiles. How is poor ike supposed to get arouund those? lol ggz. they were really close until you set yourself up in that mine foretress >_>.

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
GDX vs. Raef

game dragon.... how did you not win this!?!?!?
Its because I beat him and sent him to loser's bracket, then I beat him again in quarter-finals and sent him home, lol...

GDX is my boy though, we had a few decent mirror matches.
He says he'll get his revenge at Gigs, we'll have to see about that, lol...

Good games, goodbye...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Raef beat me in the winners and losers bracket..I havn't learned how to fight against game and watch yet, and hes a G&W main. I'll have to annoy the **** out of you to get some game and watch practice

Pinkdude

Smash Rookie

=) I can easily answer that question... Cuz me and my boy Raef were there ^.^v

Just wanted to say thanks Lobo for that tourney hopefully some more will show up next time, u guys have a nice setup. Hopefully u will also use all TV's next time though so it would run more smoothly. Overall nice job for ur first tourney =)

Also want to say good games with everyone i played, they didnt expect to see R.O.B i dont think. =) And you guys should come out to Raefs tourney on the 26th, last one was awsome.

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Pink. Next tourney we're going to use that whole back area for TVs... We're going to need 8 setups to fill it up. I'm anticipating a much bigger turnout now that the people that were here from the boards see the potential of this place. This was a good practice run for hosting for me. I got some good feedback and some good ideas to make the next tourney even better.

did you have a chance to play on our LCD TVS? we'll definitely use them next time and use the area with the futon for friendlies.

S4MUS4theW1nN

Smash Apprentice
lol this was a great tournament. I prolly would have placed better if i didnt have to play roderick. **** projectiles. How is poor ike supposed to get arouund those? lol ggz. they were really close until you set yourself up in that mine foretress >_>

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
well ****, as long as you're repping G.dubbya ftw im cool with it. any vids? GDX, just holler at me at a tourney for GW ditto practice...

Loto

Smash Ace
Raef beat me in the winners and losers bracket..I havn't learned how to fight against game and watch yet, and hes a G&W main. I'll have to annoy the **** out of you to get some game and watch practice
I thought you would of own this one too....hahah

Grats Pink and Raef though. =o

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
It looks like the last weekend in May will be the next tourney... We're gonna try to do it on a Saturday this time. :)
Mankosuki's Tournaments are on the weekend of the 24th and 25th. Saturday is Melee and Sunday is Brawl. So, I would either do it the weekend before, or wait a week and do it then.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Mankosuki's Tournaments are on the weekend of the 24th and 25th. Saturday is Melee and Sunday is Brawl. So, I would either do it the weekend before, or wait a week and do it then.
Cant do it the week before, since thats Jewish Holocaust Oven III down in Davey. Its looking like it would be May 31st, which happens to be a Saturday

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
After talking to Dave(the owner of the store). He said he wants me to do it on a Sunday again because Saturdays get crazy enough here. soooooooo the set date for the next tourney is June 1st. I'm going to try an get the thread for it up sometime today.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
After talking to Dave(the owner of the store). He said he wants me to do it on a Sunday again because Saturdays get crazy enough here. soooooooo the set date for the next tourney is June 1st. I'm going to try an get the thread for it up sometime today.
That sucks...but its better than nothing. Since you gonna do a sunday, may I suggest you do an earlier start time? Like...11am registration 11:30 for doubles start time and like 2pm for singles starting time. I say that because the biggest gripe with sundays is that peoples who work cant stay too late in case it runs over. I think school is out for summer by that time, so the kiddies wont have anything to worry about

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
We're definitely starting earlier this time. doors will open at 10:30 we'll start teams around 12:00 since the latest I foresee singles starting is 3... sucks that it has to be on a sunday but it we should be alright... especially if we start earlier.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We're definitely starting earlier this time. doors will open at 10:30 we'll start teams around 12:00 since the latest I foresee singles starting is 3... sucks that it has to be on a sunday but it we should be alright... especially if we start earlier.

an hour and a half between doors opening and tourney start time...im guessing we'd be able to do friendlies in this time, cause thats a long period.

honestly, i wouldn't even show up until like 11:30, but if i can play friendlies when i get there, that'd be great

Top Bottom