• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resting T_T

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Well, Jigglys rest can no longer kill at 10 like in melee. Its still a good kill move because now the average kill is around 120, and rest kills at about 70 depending on the character. It can no longer be used off the stage because they get launched straight up. You can use it as a kill move or when ur both at low % use it to rack up a good 40%. Just my thoughts

Scylen

Smash Cadet
I used it religiously in melee, and I'm still very accurate with it in Brawl, but I don't use it anymore. Like, at all. I just got killed at 8% from a full-charged F-smash by Dedede. No way it is worth the potential punishment anymore.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Don't use rest against characters with ridiculously strong smash attacks (DeDeDe, Ike, Bowser, Ivysaur, Lucas).

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Drop your shield and DI a shorthop rest. Seriously guys, if Rest was as good as Melee, Jiggly would be too good and boring. It is easy and consistent to rest from shield in Brawl. No Shield grabs, 1 shielded move = REST. That's amazing.

Scylen

Smash Cadet
I just nailed Pikachu with my first rest attempt of the match. The damage stopped at 26%. Apparently, you can knock the flower off just like you can knock off Olimar's Pikmen, just by attacking repeatedly. Of course, Pika's F-smash does 21% uncharged and he gets a free half-charged F-smash against me because I'm still asleep, dealing more than the 26% I dealt him.

It's not a good move.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
That's cause you're supposed to use it when you know it'll score a kill or you'll hit them high enough that they won't be able to do much once they reach the ground.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Not really. Rest can kill at lower percentages than that, there's a thread around here somewhere stating them. They might be in the discussion sticky or the Jigglypuff guide. Dair to Rest usually combos if you use them at the appropriate percentage. Just experiment in training mode. From what I've seen though, at ~50%, Dair to Rest combo and kills if you land a good deal of the Dair hits on the light characters while the heavy characters go to around 80% or more? Not sure on the numbers so like I said before, go experiment.

Scylen

Smash Cadet
KO % depends entirely on the stage, I think. I've hit characters at 120% on Final Destination and haven't killed them. Battlefield is a smaller stage with a lower ceiling, I believe. Rest probably kills at lower percentages there.

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
usually the rest kills people in the 70-90% range. i've nabbed (or should i say "napped" my friend with a rest after i airdodged a Dair. It's prolly better to punish people off of missed air attacks with a rest than trying to combo into it.

Popertop

Smash Champion
KO % depends entirely on the stage, I think. I've hit characters at 120% on Final Destination and haven't killed them. Battlefield is a smaller stage with a lower ceiling, I believe. Rest probably kills at lower percentages there.
yummy.

Battlefield counterpick anyone?
:D

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Are you guys ****ing serious. Rest is still a very good move and is extremely necessary if you want to win against any ****ing pro's. Like serious, its a move that kills at like 70% and when most people will live up to 150% and up, its ****ing good, and especially when the game pretty much goes poke>wait>poke>wait>poke>combo for 30%>wait, its good. Like seriously, for example, you play against MK and like you guys really can't combo each other, and you'll probably live at least to 130% if you watch out for strong hits. So the game becomes can you get them to 65% before they can get you to 130%. I'm dissapointed in everyone who said that rest isn't worth using.

dair combo's into rest until about 130% when the dair starts knocking people away.

and all the neutral stages have the same ceiling heights.

thx

Smash Ace
drill rest that **** ever since the guy that posted above me told me i could still do it my jiggz has been beasting ugh i love rest its mad good still just read the roll use when they get up from a platform or drill rest racks up damage and can kill at low percentages just know what percent you should kill at for which character makes it easier for me

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
there is a list of kill percents somewhere in the jiggly section dont remember where, i find rest to be very good for killing larger characters such as d3 bowser or DK, jsut because its so much easier to hit larger characters with rests, the move is completely worth it as long as you land it when they get killed by it which is around 60 damage and goes up for heavier characters

Top Bottom