• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resist the New World Order 3: Rise of the Killuminati, LA confirmed VENUE CHANGE

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Where the resistance is going down:

Micro Inn & Suites
1124 Shelton Beach Rd
Saraland, Al 36571

Venue Fee
$5 door fee
$10 for melee singles
$10 for brawl singles
$20 for teams($10 per person)
Crews are free (depending on everyone else)

Project M
$5 for singles
$10 for teams ($5 per person)

Pot split
1st place 60%
2nd place 30%
3rd place 10%

If this thing gets big enough, the pot split between 1st-5th place

9:30am: doors open
10:30am Sign ups
11:00am: Project M teams & Smash 64 teams (side tourney)
12:00pm: Project M singles & Sash 64 singles (side tourney)
1:00pm: Melee doubles(if we are able to do them at the same time)
2:00pm: Melee Singles
Lunch break
4:00pm: Brawl Doubles
5:30pm: Brawl Singles
7:00pm Crew Battles

The more set-ups the more smoothly the tourney will go. If anybody have power srtips please don't hesitate to bring them.

Brawl Rules:
1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites are legal.
5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
* In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
* If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: I
Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List

Starters:
Battlefield
Final destination
Smashville
Lylat cruise
Yoshi's Island(brawl)
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:
-Battleship Halberd
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

Melee Rules:
1. 4 stock
2. 8 minute timer(In time out, winner is determined by stock left, then by percentage damage. In case of a tie by both stock and percentage, the game will be replayed)
3. no items
4. no wobbles
5. no excessive stalling
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not counter-pick to a stage you have already won on. Keep track of this.
7. regular sets best of 3, winner's/loser's/grand finals are best of 5
8. In the event of controller port rage, Ro-Sham-Bo will be played.(that is, rock-paper-scissors)
9. In case of any other dispute, get one of our TOs
10. If both players agree, you may change or play with any rules you like, but make sure one of our TOs knows about it, and make sure it gets changed back to the default afterward. If either player disagrees, the default rules will be used.

Order of Play:

1. Blind Picks character selection.*
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

*If you need or want a guaranteed double-blind pick, call one of our TOs over.

Melee Stage List

Neutrals:
-Fountain of Dreams
-Dream Land
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
-Pokemon Stadium
-Brinstar
-Rainbow Cruise
-Kongo Jungle

Hope you guys can make it

Confirmed List
Ragnarock
Ryker
M3t
ShaSlam
Kola
Zombiefestus + friends
Dabomb

Louisiana:
Curlz
Fang
Swags
Blaise
Eet

Florida:
Zone
Manko
Skaterbaj
Benji

Confirmed: 16

Interest list
Cam
Spade
Ingulit
I Give UP
Winnar
TheSaintKai
Rice
Ram

Tv's
Ragnarock: 1 tv
Ryker:2 tvs

Wii's
Ragnarock
Ryker

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
If I can convince my parents to let me make this drive (read: there is a good chance they'll say no), I'll try to be there. I'll see if I can get more of the Madison crew to join me.

EDIT: _IF_ I can go

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I may go. I'm not sure yet, and I'll be able to think more about it when I don't have two finals tomorrow.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
imo we should do crews first so we can be loud and not be shushed by the manager lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
well, you know, it is summer. so i miiiight go. im about 70 percent sure im going.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
This is so soon! I might have trouble getting off work since I just got back from a week long cruise. I'd like to finally attend the tally tourney for a change too since Ruse can house us.

I'll do my best to be there though.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
If you guys need to push it back i will. but only if you know you'll make it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Goes without saying that I'll be there.

Start the set-up list.

1.) TV+Wii (Ryker/Ryker)
2.) TV+??? (Ryker/???)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

Quote and pass it on.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You and your flamboyant Hello Kitty television

I'll bring a Wii.
IF I go which I probably wont' because the lot of you are scrubs

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Is anyone offering up housing for those of us that would be coming 6 hours down?

EDIT: You forgot to put Yoshi's on the list of stages.

IGiveUp

Smash Cadet
Dude I really really want to come to this. It's the same time as the Hangout fest though. If anyone from Orange Beach could hang in any way I'd be there. I may still come just for crews or something.

Oh wait. I just saw that Yoshi's Island is a Melee CP. I'll pick Fox and go to the right cloud and you go to the left cloud Rag and let's just shoot lasers at each other the whole time. It beats actually trying to fight a Fox on YI with Marth.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I can offer housing to you cam? I can house bout 8 people maybe more if need be.

Ruse

Fox
Obviously coming to this.

I'll bring a TV, Melee, Brawl, etc.

Crewssss?

Also, who's riding with me? Manko, Skater, Zone? I can sit 5 comfortably.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hey d00ds is it the 28th or the 21st now?

I'm hearing possible dates for both so I'm pretty confused.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Im going to change the date to June 18th. This date was too all of a sudden and my usual people who do come won;' be able to make it. So you guys somemore time. I hope this didn't incovenience anybody and if it did I apologize. This will be the 1st and last date change.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Confirmed for June 18th the plan is for us to make a road trip down to LA the weekend of the 11th to help our attendance.

Winnar

Smash Lord
This actually works better for me, maybe.

I wonder who I would play in project m

hmm fox or falco probably

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Rag, you said it was June 18th on the PR thread. Which one is it!?
Its the 18th buddy, sorry bout the confusion.
This actually works better for me, maybe.

I wonder who I would play in project m

hmm fox or falco probably
.......fox:)

I GOT THE CONFIRMED/INTEREST LIST STARTED SO LET ME KNOW IF YOUR CONFIRMED OR INTERESTED. Also, let me knoe what you'll be entering, melee, brawl, or project m. And how many of you want Smash 64 to go down?

Winnar

Smash Lord

I GOT THE CONFIRMED/INTEREST LIST STARTED SO LET ME KNOW IF YOUR CONFIRMED OR INTERESTED. Also, let me knoe what you'll be entering, melee, brawl, or project m. And how many of you want Smash 64 to go down?
Man have you noticed that shine stuff is SO EASY in project m? In melee you have to be careful if you turn around in shine because then you have to wait like 4 more frames before jumping out. NOT IN PM THOUGH

Also nair shine nair is super easy in PM, not totally sure why.

I'm interested, the only reason I'm not confirmed is because I may not be in state and if I am I'll be in a walking boot

WE'LL SEE THOUGH

If I do go I guess I'll probably do everything, even though I always get SUPER SALTY when I play brawl haha

also someone in mobile should totally house me the night before if I can go so we can get a million friendlies O:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Man have you noticed that shine stuff is SO EASY in project m? In melee you have to be careful if you turn around in shine because then you have to wait like 4 more frames before jumping out. NOT IN PM THOUGH

Also nair shine nair is super easy in PM, not totally sure why.

I'm interested, the only reason I'm not confirmed is because I may not be in state and if I am I'll be in a walking boot

WE'LL SEE THOUGH

If I do go I guess I'll probably do everything, even though I always get SUPER SALTY when I play brawl haha

also someone in mobile should totally house me the night before if I can go so we can get a million friendlies O:
I can house you, I have my own place now. I

If anybody need housing let me know.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude, curlz if you go i soooo wanna team with you.
we are both mk and 6 in our state :D

also i think ill be able to make it. not sure who im going to bring. all my friends love smash 64 though so some of them may come.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Hey guys, let me know if your bringing a full setup and or power strips.

@Curlz: If you need housing I got you and your crew

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey guys, let me know if your bringing a full setup and or power strips.

@Curlz: If you need housing I got you and your crew
:( I left my tvs back in starkville or I would have two setups

I do have a gcn, a wii, 2 copies of brawl & melee that I can bring

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Its the 18th buddy, sorry bout the confusion.

Put me as not interested. I hate long drives and travelling ;)

Slam, me you janitor cheap. Carpool?

Winnar just needs to be reminded to upload, thats all.

Top Bottom