• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Request] Advanced Tech Compendium?

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
I've noticed a lot of other characters having AT Threads and I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind doing the same for Bowser? Looking to improve my game and I would love to learn the AT's that go along with him.

Thanks
~Rekt

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
Don't know what to call it, but Short Hop -> Air Dodge -> Special Move. You land the air dodge and immediately start a special move.

Waveslashing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGzU4n86lTE

Up B out of shield.

But playing well with Bowser mostly just takes deep understanding of Smash Bros. mechanics in general (punishing, DI, approaching safely, etc.)

Last edited:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Bowser Bombing the ledge I guess could be included.

I'm hard-pressed to remember more Bowser-specific techniques.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
The pivot grab isn't really an *advanced* technique per se though. At least, in my opinion.

Ledge cancelled klaw, that wave landing thing that Jerodak was talking about (minor form of waveslashing that can be done without using side b)

I can't really think of anything else. We shouldn't really have universal techniques in a character specific AT thread imo, but it's your call.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Only real AT that I know of is the one shared by Bowser, Link, and Charizard which is airdodge canceling into any special move.

And I guess learning the benefits of Tough Guy and Bowser's intangible hitboxes would also help.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I guess run stopping, and fast-fall auto-canceled aerials could be considered ATs. Bowser's run stop allows him to transition from a run into any action that can't be done while running very quickly, and it's also much faster than his turning animation out of a run so it's better for changing directions mid-run. There's also what you could call spot dashing which is when you fox trot in place after any jab thanks to the jab's strange property that makes Bowser slide backwards if he does anything during certain frames.

At anyrate, while I do appreciate what you're looking to do here and I'm not looking to toot my own horn or anything, but there's already a dedicated thread to Bowser's metagame. http://smashboards.com/threads/bowsers-moveset-data-discussion-update-11-30-14.368511/ Generally, any relevant ATs will be outlined in the original post or at the very least somewhere in the more recent pages of the thread. However, if there's something you know about that's missing then please let me know so I can add it in.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser's only real AT is probably waveslashing and that's it really.

Everything else is basically universal for all or most characters, so it's not really Bowser ATs.

B!squick

Smash Master

Everything else is basically universal for all or most characters, so it's not really Bowser ATs.
Pivot grab? Bowser seems to be one of the few characters with such a sick nasty range on that.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Pivot grab? Bowser seems to be one of the few characters with such a sick nasty range on that.
The pivot grab itself isn't an AT, because it's just a gameplay mechanic. An AT would be if there were a certain way to use the pivot grab where pivots aren't normally used or in ways that pivots aren't used normally. Like if you could pivot grab someone that was hanging on the ledge and for some reason it caused them to crash into the lip of the stage and get stage spiked then "Pivot spiking" or whatever it would be called would then be an AT.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice

Until we find something, MrEh is 100% right

B!squick

Smash Master
Hopefully in the next game Bowser will be even simpler and you can just press one button to do any move you need, no control stick required. Just drop kicks and even more moves the opponent can kill you with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom