• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: F-Zero

Which was your favorite?

• Big Blue

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Port Town

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Death Wind

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Kazoo Big Blue

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Mute City

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Captain Falcon VIP

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters

Marthmario

Smash Lord
HYES! Welcome back to the Remix Corner! This week is all about the fast paced and metal shredding racing series, F-Zero. F-Zero has satisfied many people’s need for speed over the years, and it has the songs to make that satisfaction close to gluttony. Join Captain Falcon for some knee smashing good tunes! HYES!

Big Blue (Lyude Remix)
Head out on the track with this stylish and slick remix of Big Blue!

Port Town (Toneless Bombast Remix)
Keep the lead with this rad remix of Port Town.

Death Wind (xLWx Remix)
Enjoy the super intense melody of this stylish remix as the whir of F-Zero machines fly by.

Big Blue (Kazzo Version)
Get Kazzo’d as Big Blue kicks itself into overdrive!

Mute City (Metal Cover)
Hit the track running as the sick melody of Mute City goes wild.

Captain Falcon VIP by $yrup
Channel your inner Falcon with this powerful song from $yrup!
COME ON! That’s all for this week’s Remix Corner! Next week is all about one of my favorite series, Fire Emblem! Following that we’ve got a real classic series, Ice Climbers! Remember to send in those remixes (or to “Show me ya moves!”) on here or on Twitter! Until Next Time! FALCON PAWNCH!!!

Captain Falcon needs a new game, soon. Discuss F-Zero and anything music with me @ Marthmario Marthmario

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
F-Zero X music was FANTASTIC. F-Zero GX music wasn't for me, though.

Leland527

Smash Rookie
No Acid Notation Big Blue Remix?!?!?!

1/10 (I only give 1 because the rest were awesome lol)

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
As for my contribution, here's my favorite remix of the song "Infinite Blue" from F-Zero GX. I heard the remix on Newgrounds way before I heard the original rendition of the song from F-Zero GX, so that's probably why the remix sounds a bit better to me.. :seuss: Although I've fortunately played F-Zero GX before, I can't remember what other songs I heard.. >.< I've heard "Brain Cleaner" and "Planet Colors" thanks to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, though.

On a side-note, I just learned that F-Zero GX actually has a remix of the traditional "Big Blue" song, although it wasn't used as the default song for the Big Blue stage.. Darn name confusion. :dizzy:

Also, special mention for the fantastic "Fire Field" remix from Super Smash Bros. Brawl by Masato Kouda! I especially love the first ten seconds, and how the initial guitar maintains a "background beat" throughout most of the song.

---------------------------

@ Marthmario Marthmario , do you know if the image above is official F-Zero artwork or a fanmade piece? It appears to be depicting an F-Zero location known as "Green Plant", from what I can gather from cursory research..

I thought this was going to be the Jazz album, but damn, this is good.
A jazz album? :laugh: Wow..Oh, so that's what this particular F-Zero album is; I thought it was just a straight release of F-Zero 1's original music.. :surprised: That's kind of strange, given that the F-Zero series seems to generally involve rock music (and synthesized/electronic pieces..?)..but hey!

Last edited:

☆Jisatsu☆

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aetherstone
3DS FC
5086-3292-2466
The VIP could have been so awesome....I might have to remix it someday to give it the proper justice it deserves. The build up was great, but they failed to deliver the drop. It was like a Falcon Knee that only grazed...failure to launch...

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
The SNES F-Zero soundtrack will always be my favorite. So much variation in the musical styles compared to the later games. Silence is a golden track.

Gonna give this a listen later.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That GIF... Is there an F-Zero/ Captain Falcon anime?
Yes it's called F-Zero GP Legend in the U.S or F-Zero Falcon Denenstu or Legacy of Captian Falcon. IF your interested the U.S version only had about 11 episodes done or something like and VA done by 4kids while you had to watch the rest of the series in Japanese which it was finished in like 51 episodes. That Falcon gif was from the final episode SPOILERS.

Also speaking of F-Zero music I'm mainly a fan of F-Zero Jazz with this being my favorite.

EDIT: Had to put the right vid in.

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Yes it's called F-Zero GP Legend in the U.S or F-Zero Falcon Denenstu or Legacy of Captian Falcon. IF your interested the U.S version only had about 11 episodes done or something like and VA done by 4kids while you had to watch the rest of the series in Japanese which it was finished in like 51 episodes. That Falcon gif was from the final episode SPOILERS.

Also speaking of F-Zero music I'm mainly a fan of F-Zero Jazz with this being my favorite.

EDIT: Had to put the right vid in.
Thanks. I'll check that out.

Kluft

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kluft-f-zero
Since most people only know mute city and big blue, here is one of Bianca city from Maximum Velocity:

The pilot themes in GX are also great but nobody makes a Remix of them

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
After listening to all the tracks in the OP, I feel like none of them really offer anything new or interesting aside from the $yrup track and the kazoo track.

Even still, the $yrup track isn't his best work and the kazoo track is just a novelty track.

Toneless Bombast would have had the best track if it wasn't for the fact that he couldn't be bothered to reprogram most of the song and used the original audio throughout most of it as the basis and put stuff over it.

On the other hand, while I love Death Wind and I was glad to see it get love here, this remix simply updated the instrumentation. Didn't really bring anything new to the table.

Really, what I'm trying to say is that I'm impossible to please when it comes to my childhood favorites.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
As for my contribution, here's my favorite remix of the song "Infinite Blue" from F-Zero GX. I heard the remix on Newgrounds way before I heard the original rendition of the song from F-Zero GX, so that's probably why the remix sounds a bit better to me.. :seuss: Although I've fortunately played F-Zero GX before, I can't remember what other songs I heard.. >.< I've heard "Brain Cleaner" and "Planet Colors" thanks to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, though.

On a side-note, I just learned that F-Zero GX actually has a remix of the traditional "Big Blue" song, although it wasn't used as the default song for the Big Blue stage.. Darn name confusion. :dizzy:

Also, special mention for the fantastic "Fire Field" remix from Super Smash Bros. Brawl by Masato Kouda! I especially love the first ten seconds, and how the initial guitar maintains a "background beat" throughout most of the song.

---------------------------

@ Marthmario Marthmario , do you know if the image above is official F-Zero artwork or a fanmade piece? It appears to be depicting an F-Zero location known as "Green Plant", from what I can gather from cursory research..

A jazz album? :laugh: Wow..Oh, so that's what this particular F-Zero album is; I thought it was just a straight release of F-Zero 1's original music.. :surprised: That's kind of strange, given that the F-Zero series seems to generally involve rock music (and synthesized/electronic pieces..?)..but hey!
Pretty sure it's fanmade.

Kulprit

Smash Cadet
I got tired of "Pawn-" being repeated after 20 seconds in the last song. I got annoyed by it after 30, and just just stopped listening shortly thereafter because I skipped in intervals throughout the song and that's all it was. Such a bad remix lol.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Yay! My suggestion made it in! :4falcon: YOU GOT BOOST POWER!! :4falcon:

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think F-Zero songs are fine the way they are now in Smash, the Big Blue remix from Melee in my opinion is the best remix of anything in the Smash series. Though I wouldn't mind some of the character themes from GX appearing in Smash like Captain Falcon's theme song as cheesy as it is, maybe Phoenix's theme, Pico, Billy, James, ect.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I just learned that F-Zero GX actually has a remix of the traditional "Big Blue" song, although it wasn't used as the default song for the Big Blue stage.. Darn name confusion. :dizzy:
Same. Along with Mute City's, I found out later you had to unlock 'em and pay for them with tickets in items. Boy was that fun...

Sucks Illusion doesn't get much love when it comes to covers/remixes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom