• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaining Special Moves

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
giving lucario a hitboxeless recovery with no attacking out of it, kinda leaves lucario at a severe disadvantage.
doesnt matter if this balances him, if he is 100% gimpable.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
at least they can trade
And Lucario cannot with his Brawl one, it's a weakness to the character he has to deal with.

If you're smart, Olimar should never do damage with his UpB and you can just hog him. Same with ZSS.

I'll admit though it can be annoying due to the start up time on the move, but not something I think isn't something he can deal with or be a legit weakness without wrecking the character.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
he better still say "marshmellow power" on his final smash
LOL! Great now I'm gonna hear that every time he uses his final smash in Brawl like I hear "FREE PIZZA" for Ike's.

I'd like them to change up Force Palm. Bullet Punch works. Some sort of dash forward. I can rarely get Force Palm to work for me properly. It reminds me too much of Mewtwo's "Eye Daze" move (Disable I think). You need the perfect situation for it or it leaves you too open.

Also I'm pretty sure he'll Mega Evolve for his Final smash and then either be like Wario Man or just yell out "Watch the power of Aura" ("MARSHMALLOW POWER!") and do Aura Storm again.
Mostly because in X and Y Lucario is the whole intro to Mega Evolution.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just noticed. His extremespeed does damage now! At least in mega form.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Mega lucario used forcepalm on samus in the direct.
Yup, and it looks to work like his Extreme Speed and Aura Sphere in that it gets big buff ups as you build aura. It gets a huuuuge range/power buff, and looks like a great kill move when you have lots of aura.

Here's to hoping that Double Team isn't complete trash again. Maybe it'd get additional effects from aura as well?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Mega lucario used forcepalm on samus in the direct.
They showed it in three instances. What you mentioned, missing against toonlink, and "comboing" wii fit trainer as mega lucario by chaining up-b into side-b.

Looking at each one, force palms range most definitely scales with aura now. It basically looks like an Aerial version of f-smash at higher percentage. Ha.

Also the new hitbox at the end of his up-b is sexy. Although I wonder if that's affected by aura too...

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
They showed it in three instances. What you mentioned, missing against toonlink, and "comboing" wii fit trainer as mega lucario by chaining up-b into side-b.

Looking at each one, force palms range most definitely scales with aura now. It basically looks like an Aerial version of f-smash at higher percentage. Ha.

Also the new hitbox at the end of his up-b is sexy. Although I wonder if that's affected by aura too...
Extreme Speed finally does damage now, which means it'll be a good move to kill with at higher damage percentages (although they need to fix Double team, cause it's looking more and more like it's Brawl version again, which means it'll be a bad counter move (all it's got now is that his eyes glow when the counter move triggers, although I'm betting it'll be stronger in knockback when the Aura is capped, if they keep the move's movement and startup like in Brawl it'll be easily avoidable).

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Personally pretty hyped to see how Double Team changed if it did at all. Reversed Double Team is sex while Force Palm's range looking good and loving the AuraBoost on that Aura Sphere! Hearing about ExtremeSpeed getting buffed sounds fantastic to the max. Approves :4lucario:

Last edited:
Top Bottom