• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Refresh ROCK Rep A Tl Hype Thread(FRONT PAGE UPDATE new pic and and stuff)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Well Olimar definitely beats us...It's not terrible though I guess. ROB is a weird MU. But that one I know well and still hate.

MJG

Smash Hero
I have issues with ZSS mainly. I play no ZSS at all...I played pretty good vs FK1's ZSS offline but Im not sure how he compares to other ZSS mains.

Olimar annoys me (even though its the MU im most familiar with).

The more and more I play fino, it becomes less fun for me. The only positive is coming up with new mix ups...But something he pointed out to me was that I stopped using Arrow Cancels (As he calls them) after aerials in the MU...So I might experiment and mix it up "more"...idk..

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I dont know the ROB matchup...since no one uses him in PR :/. So when Yubi once used him he beat me (it was close still) but I had no idea what to do...My snake problem is over, I beat doom (very good wifi snake and best snake in PR) in a recent tourney. Oh and I have a bit of problem with ZSS also, ****it mjg!

MJG

Smash Hero
I dont know the ROB matchup...since no one uses him in PR :/. So when Yubi once used him he beat me (it was close still) but I had no idea what to do...My snake problem is over, I beat doom (very good wifi snake and best snake in PR) in a recent tourney. Oh and I have a bit of problem with ZSS also, ****it mjg!
We truly are clones XD.

Screw ZSS.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
ROB.... with him shield grabbing him is important and fairly easy..i always do this to marth wario and rob its most effective on them imo he only has gyro rly cuz who gets hit by laser in 010 like rly
sorry if this post makes no sense lol

zss rly?...its zss ask jerm he beat snakeee or some zss pretty sure it was snakeeee tho since he came down here

Variable

Smash Ace
I haven't played a decent ZSS in a while, I mostly get randoms who think her Recovery is amazing, and people who camp her C Stick. and I destroy them.. But I'm sure with a decent one, it'd be much, much different... Other than that I don't have too much experience with ZSS.

I love when I don't have a reliable working computer setup, and then everyone gets all ahead in the conversation without me.

1. I'm definitely sigging Jash's quote.
2. I don't remember Hyro's quote too well, but didn't he say something among the lines of "I'm not playing Smash as much" instead of "I quit"?
3. I'm having trouble with TL, but that's simply because I find it hard focusing 100% on any of my matches.
4. We should go reaaaaally in depth with all the matchups. For example, the MK matchup is pretty much "use bombs, shield Tornados, avoid shuttle loops, don't get gimped". Sure that's easy to say, but instead of saying to avoid it, we should discuss what we should do if it's happening. What happens after an MK gets a full nado on you? You fly up, and MK's below you. What are my options? Out of those options, what are the safest? Detail that ****.
5. S@nT and ~mjg~, stop being clones.
6. My worst matchup is Snake. Falco isn't too terribly difficult with the right stage CPs.
Also, completely off topic, but Spirit Tracks never ends......

Thebest1pj

I love when I don't have a reliable working computer setup, and then everyone gets all ahead in the conversation without me.

2. I don't remember Hyro's quote too well, but didn't he say something among the lines of "I'm not playing Smash as much" instead of "I quit"?
3. I'm having trouble with TL, but that's simply because I find it hard focusing 100% on any of my matches.
4. We should go reaaaaally in depth with all the matchups. For example, the MK matchup is pretty much "use bombs, shield Tornados, avoid shuttle loops, don't get gimped". Sure that's easy to say, but instead of saying to avoid it, we should discuss what we should do if it's happening. What happens after an MK gets a full nado on you? You fly up, and MK's below you. What are my options? Out of those options, what are the safest? Detail that ****.
6. My worst matchup is Snake. Falco isn't too terribly difficult with the right stage CPs.
10/10 post lets do this

edit: i put a pic up for tl check the front page

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Unrelated, but I've been wanting to make that arrow AT video for like, a freaking year now. I'm just going to accept right now that my capture card doesn't work and won't work regardless of what I try.

Does anyone else have a capture card? I have clips of almost all the arrow ATs, if someone could do that 2-3 I didn't get to and/or capture the videos with their capture card(if they have one) that would be great. :<
I don't mind putting the clips together and making the actual video.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of matchup discussion, we need to do anything with that thread. Even if it's just a summary of "this character can do this to get through your wall of projectiles./Watch out for these mind games when fighting this character"

Even having something as simple as that for each character, kind of like we have going with the Counterpick/Ban thread would be helpful while we take the time to fill more in about the harder matchups, because right now we have the pseudo-helpful match up threads for a few of the top tier characters, and REALLY old discussions on everyone else.

edited cuz i had a couple typos...

TheJerm

Smash Champion
ROB.... with him shield grabbing him is important and fairly easy..i always do this to marth wario and rob its most effective on them imo he only has gyro rly cuz who gets hit by laser in 010 like rly
sorry if this post makes no sense lol

zss rly?...its zss ask jerm he beat snakeee or some zss pretty sure it was snakeeee tho since he came down here
I didnt play snakeee in a serious match. But Ive only played 3 ZSS's and have beaten them all.

Unrelated, but I've been wanting to make that arrow AT video for like, a freaking year now. I'm just going to accept right now that my capture card doesn't work and won't work regardless of what I try.

Does anyone else have a capture card? I have clips of almost all the arrow ATs, if someone could do that 2-3 I didn't get to and/or capture the videos with their capture card(if they have one) that would be great. :<
I don't mind putting the clips together and making the actual video.
I would looooove to help, since I do in fact, have a capture card, but I can't right now. What are the three AT's you need?

Oh, and I know I asked this before, but can I take over the Useful Links? :):)

Edit: Nice pic, pj. And I also broke 1,500 without even knowing. Yay?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Thanks a lot. I'm not sure right now which ones I need, but I'll check later tonight and PM you.

Go ahead with Useful links. x_x

Thebest1pj

near has a capture card ask him sasuke

oh it was serious jerm brawl is very serious :l

will bow down to the almighty leprechaun <-SERIOUS BUT FUNNY THING TO SAY

avnger AND twinkie are right rediscussions just a hit brick wall if i dont know the Mu i just camp my *** off

Sonic

Counter- Norfair, Pirate Ship
Ban- Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise

^pirate ship is banned like everywhere we have one counter against sonic..............lol get on the ball

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Btw, I just realized I forgot to say what happened to the matchup thread. I havent continued because first:
the tier list changed. 2: I had school stuff and still do, after Im done with my proyect this weekend, I will continue the thread. But its getting dumb discussing the same matchups so we'll start where we left off before the other 16 discussions. Which character should we discuss? I want rob.

Keyo

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link is very overlooked because Metaknight basically stops him in his tracks. I'm sure a lot of you Toon Link players don't lose to anyone else in tournament besides Metaknight. For example Jash (I have to bring him up because kits too good), the recent Jash pretty much beats every top Pro that doesn't use Metaknight. Jash smacked up ADHD on what could of been tournament but the TOs messed up his bracket and had to undo that entire set, but Jash 2-0ed him. Jash and Atomsk are 3-3 in tournament now from what I hear, Atomsk thinks Jash is definitely better then him. Jash defeats a lot of top Snakes, Ally even thinks he is the best Toon Link in the world.

My point is that if Jash finally learns the Metaknight matchup and plays them the same way as he plays all of his other matchups, you may probably be looking at a eruption in the tier list. Jash is a national threat ALREADY, so imagine if he can defeat Metaknights?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Seriously.. that guy rides jash extremely hard. He's good, but I dont think he's done anything no top TL can do.

Variable

Smash Ace

Totally down, which matchups or even stages would everyone like to discuss??

I'm sure everyone has atleast something to meta knight, and since we're already sort of talking about him, would you like to start there??

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Why cant I look at page 5 of this thread? x_x

Edit: nvm
That was weird.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey guys. If anyone wanted to know why it's taking so stupid long for me to do anything construstive around here, it's cause I still don't have time. Frigin college stole my holidays and the national tourney I was going to go to today. I don't even have time to finish this messa

Ok, so maybe I do. The point of this is, I'm hoping to have a decent amount of spare time some time tomorow. If I get it, I'll be activated once again for that brief moment and updates will happen.

The Arrow tech vid is a lie that will never happen. Never I tell you XD! (I still can't wait.)

Variable

Smash Ace
Same here, but I also haven't ever played a really good rob player
Well do you want to start with characters we have problems with?? If so here's a few obvious options from the past match-up thread with the list of disadvantages, minus the players categorized as "Slight Disadvantage."

MK 30:70 Disadvantage

Olimar 40:60 Disadvantage

Marth 40:60 Disadvantage

G&W 40:60 Disadvantage

Kirby 40:60 Disadvantage

Falco 40:60 Disadvantage

I'm willing to discuss any of these options, it's up to you guys, I don't care too much.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I think you were looking at the old 2008 discussions.

G&W and Kirby are now slightly in our favour. 55-45

Keyo

Smash Apprentice
Seriously.. that guy rides jash extremely hard. He's good, but I dont think he's done anything no top TL can do.
Says the guy who loses to Inui >.> I'm sure none of you have even came close to beating Atomsk yet.

Also Jash is my best friend and I use to be a very good Ganondorf back in Melee. Jash is an amazing player and always was so I'm just saying the truth about him, don't be hatin.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You come into a thread about motivating Toon Link players and say that Jash is much better then anyone.

Do you see your mistake?

Keyo

Smash Apprentice
You come into a thread about motivating Toon Link players and say that Jash is much better then anyone.

Do you see your mistake?
I said nothing like dat. I came in here with intentions of motivating Toon Link players to keep using Toon Link because at least one of ya is making it. Jashs successes is definitely not his own doing, Toon Link has a lot of effect for his success. I can't make an example with any other Toon Link player because the only really amazing Toon Link player I see is Jash. Also I heard he is working on a project about all the knowledge he knows about Toon Link, I heard it was really long and I heard it was going to be complete once he gets the Metaknight matchup. Just letting you guys know.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Keyo, I don't see how you tried to motivate toon link players..

All you did was meat ride and say how amazing Jash is + how MK ***** us.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Says the guy who loses to Inui >.> I'm sure none of you have even came close to beating Atomsk yet.

Also Jash is my best friend and I use to be a very good Ganondorf back in Melee. Jash is an amazing player and always was so I'm just saying the truth about him, don't be hatin.
Actually, get your facts straight. I was the first TL to take a set from inui's MK. And alot of MK players say I am the best TL at the Mk match up. None of the tls have taken a set from atomsk cause none of us have played him in tournament.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Jash is pretty cools guys.

But so are all Tinks.

And Jash isn't the god Toon Link. He's the best right now, but others aren't THAT far away.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Now on to something more constructive...Do you guys wanna start a rediscussion sometime soon. I vote for the falco or marth matchup. The metaknight matchup has recently been rediscussed. I know its the biggest disadvantage, but there are other characters.

For ROB...learn to insta-throw gyros. Learn to insta-throw on a moments notice in general, really...Without that gyro, ROB's options for camping becomes much more limited. He can't outcamp you, even with that gyro. Without it, he is forced to go on the aggressive, something we should be used to by now. Camp the hell out of him, if you get knocked off stage, conserve your second jump because he is great at gimping.

Variable

Smash Ace
Now on to something more constructive...Do you guys wanna start a rediscussion sometime soon. I vote for the falco or marth matchup. The metaknight matchup has recently been rediscussed. I know its the biggest disadvantage, but there are other characters.

For ROB...learn to insta-throw gyros. Learn to insta-throw on a moments notice in general, really...Without that gyro, ROB's options for camping becomes much more limited. He can't outcamp you, even with that gyro. Without it, he is forced to go on the aggressive, something we should be used to by now. Camp the hell out of him, if you get knocked off stage, conserve your second jump because he is great at gimping.
Ehh, out of those two, I vote Falco. Projectiles, he's quick, has good combo's and power moves. While Marth is a great character, but I have more trouble with falco while playing toon with toon link.

Jash

Smash Lord
Stop talking about me, I'm not that good guys. Anyway discussing how to defeat Metaknight would be most helpful since I don't get any practice at all on it in NYC.

I still think we should break the match-up down into a science. Then we should sticky it, and be proud of all our efforts.

Top Bottom