• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Refresh ROCK Rep A Tl Hype Thread(FRONT PAGE UPDATE new pic and and stuff)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Please don't lock this...It's actually kinda encouraging.

And CO is hosting a national, so I don't have to travel to step up my game. I'll probably be using MK for the MK ditto though...****'s just sooo hard with Tink. Is it still a tink victory if I only use MK against MKs?

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Please don't lock this...It's actually kinda encouraging.

And CO is hosting a national, so I don't have to travel to step up my game. I'll probably be using MK for the MK ditto though...****'s just sooo hard with Tink. Is it still a tink victory if I only use MK against MKs?
its your choice man do what you need to to get past obstacles lol you main tl and he has obstacles people need to get bye.............rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nixxIkcDuEM
^ lol shield>mk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAsiWbg2naM
^lol almost lost to arrowless tl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCcomeBuEdM
^lol mega justified gamer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcGZ896r2WA
^lol almost lost to a tl who hardly plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI0Q8lyUqmM&feature=related
^rofl killed by up throw

watch those dtl there reactions how they handle stuff ect

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
@DTL w/e the Tink MK MU is pretty garbage for ToonLink, so I guess you're kinda counter-picking in a way but not really.

I guess the whole quitting thing is real. :(

Also lvl 9 CPUs are mad legit

Lobos

Smash Master
All I can practice against is lvl9 cpus, most of my crew quit playing smash and most of the people I played with regularly pretty much quit too.

Plus I have bigger responsiblities now so I haven't been playing everyday like back in 08. I still make some type of effort to meet up at smashfest a go to tourneys once a month.

Kinda reminds me of the melee days when at first there was a lot of yl and link mains then ppl started to quit and such, leaving maybe 3 or so really good players.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I've seen those vids, but much <3 for posting that for me.

Yeah, the MK MU is actually one I know very well. I have no trouble at all with the few CO MKs there are.

The main thing for me is the CP stage. Like I'll **** on smashville or whatever, but then I get frigate or Rainbow or something like that. If I win game 1 with Tink and game 2 with MK, would that still count for a Tink win? I mean I know it would count for MK as well, but I hate having to just give up a match because of dumb stages.

Thebest1pj

I didnt quit noob
scroob^
All I can practice against is lvl9 cpus, most of my crew quit playing smash and most of the people I played with regularly pretty much quit too.

Plus I have bigger responsiblities now so I haven't been playing everyday like back in 08. I still make some type of effort to meet up at smashfest a go to tourneys once a month.

Kinda reminds me of the melee days when at first there was a lot of yl and link mains then ppl started to quit and such, leaving maybe 3 or so really good players.
theres a code for level 18 cpus get at it

I've seen those vids, but much <3 for posting that for me.

Yeah, the MK MU is actually one I know very well. I have no trouble at all with the few CO MKs there are.

The main thing for me is the CP stage. Like I'll **** on smashville or whatever, but then I get frigate or Rainbow or something like that. If I win game 1 with Tink and game 2 with MK, would that still count for a Tink win? I mean I know it would count for MK as well, but I hate having to just give up a match because of dumb stages.

when i played redhalberd his mk had a hard time on frigate we can **** on rc orpheon but if you have trouble there against mks then go mk i suppose and learn your cps /\.-.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I still play... For awhile I kind of quit and had interests elsewhere. Slump + lack of placement and money = less attendance for me. I can't afford to consistently go to tournaments without making money at them.

Last quarter I started weeklies in my area to get me prepped for tournaments again and to build the local talent. They're currently in hiatus since springbreak since I don't know everyone's schedule. I actually just attended a tournament and got 2nd beating 1, 2, 3, and 6th ranked in my state + an honorable mention.

Lobos

Smash Master
actually I have a hack that remembers the play style of those ppl that played that character..........its still a cpu but atleast it gives me some insight

Thebest1pj

actually I have a hack that remembers the play style of those ppl that played that character..........its still a cpu but atleast it gives me some insight
and you held out on us i playe m2k ally and atomsk i could be playing d3 asnake and mk at kinda pro level RIGHT NOW:mad:

good ish quivo:)

Jash

Smash Lord
You fools...losing faith in Toon Link so soon? How ridiculous, he shall rise and when he does, the community will bow down to the almighty leprechaun and all you will hear is screams of frustration and complaints of how his camping is the most superior thing that anyone has laid eyes on. If you ladies wanna quit who is most likely one of the best character in the game, be my guest, leave this character to the professionals that understand that this character has no limits.

Thebest1pj

You fools...losing faith in Toon Link so soon? How ridiculous, he shall rise and when he does, the community will bow down to the almighty leprechaun and all you will hear is screams of frustration and complaints of how his camping is the most superior thing that anyone has laid eyes on. If you ladies wanna quit who is most likely one of the best character in the game, be my guest, leave this character to the professionals that understand that this character has no limits.
my name is pj and i approve of this post. also if you guys need help with Mus AND CANT GET THEM RIGHT JUST ASK OTHER TLS THROUGH PMS AND STUFF

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Said the guy asking for MK banned tournies because he loses to them so often.

<3 but not JK >:0

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I am S@nT and I approve of this message. Also, who is quitting besides Hyro? Whats the point of the thread, nobody has lost faith in TL...

MJG

Smash Hero
Half of this should be quoted IMO.

<3 you all.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
If you want to make this into a legit thread, make the OP less ********.

Thebest1pj

whats OP stand for <_<? and idk what the thread is about i just felt i needed to say you guys need to **** more rep more and all around REFRESH TL and his placings

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Imo MK is the only thing holding TL back.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think he can beat Falco. *shrug*

MJG

Smash Hero
-Camp Falco until you are around 35%.
-Get some hits in.
-Camp him back @ kill range ( lasers won't kill)

We are better off in this MU if we get the first kill. Its important in every MU but especially in this one.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah, I dont really have a falco problem and I do that stuff u said mjg. But still...jerm and most TLs have a falco problem. It must mean something :/.

Variable

Smash Ace
Yeah, I dont really have a falco problem and I do that stuff u said mjg. But still...jerm and most TLs have a falco problem. It must mean something :/.
Same here, I don't have a huge problem. I have more of a MK Problem than anything. Then again... Who doesn't?

Thebest1pj

ozz made quick work of me bbut somehow.........

RIVALS

Ozz
(4-0)

hyro has 4-0ed ozz ive seen it myself he beats him every time and ozz is ****ing real good atomsk even said he could be the (i forgot which number)best falco

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Problems:
MK
Falco
Snake

The bottom two are winnable though. Not saying the top isn't, but it's just far worse.

Olimar and Rob are pretty bad too...not horrible. If MK was gone, Tink would be MUCH more viable. (still anti-ban and not trying to start MK discussion)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I used to hate ROB, but I just concluded I was playing the matchup wrong.

I hate Olimar currently. >=(
But it's because I'm playing the matchup wrong again. >_>

Variable

Smash Ace
I used to hate ROB, but I just concluded I was playing the matchup wrong.

I hate Olimar currently. >=(
But it's because I'm playing the matchup wrong again. >_>
Same Here... Olimar is pretty annoying... Olimar mains lately have been throwing off my spacing and tatics...

And Snake too, but that's always been a slight problem.

Top Bottom