• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Refresh ROCK Rep A Tl Hype Thread(FRONT PAGE UPDATE new pic and and stuff)

There haven't been tournaments here since forever. Last placing I got was 9th of like 20-something people. I would expect better results from myself, but I'm sooooo out of practice.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
There haven't been tournaments here since forever. Last placing I got was 9th of like 20-something people. I would expect better results from myself, but I'm sooooo out of practice.
You used to get last. And I was the one to eliminate u so ur improving ;). I dont remember who was the other one that beat u, was it Ling? And there werent 20 something I think it was 30.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Who, me and TWiNK? The only time we ever played was on wifail and that was a longgg *** time ago lol.
@Jerm: how did u break your finger

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I was dumb and let it get slammed in the restroom door at school. It was hurting like a *****hhhhhhhhh and gave me a wierd cut. But I can still use TL.. so life is good

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I was dumb and let it get slammed in the restroom door at school. It was hurting like a *****hhhhhhhhh and gave me a wierd cut. But I can still use TL.. so life is good
That's a ***** lol.
Also dont quit smash :(

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Thats what happens when you masturbate in the restroom

also if you guys have any epic hype a dude up *** post post ill put em on the front page

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Ah, ok. Yeah, I was talking to you.

I've only had 3 potential Tink dittoes. One I just went Tink and double 3 stocked...lol (They were a random...you know the type.)
I asked one if he'd prefer we didn't do it so I went Marth.
Another was at a small smashfest tourney. Round one I beat his sheik. Round 2 he had told me he was going Tink and to be a **** I went MK :)

CTX

Smash Journeyman
I have only TL ditto'ed one person, and thats MJG.

In all honesty, it helped, but I would only recommend TL ditto'ing in friendlies as a learning experience just to see what other one does...outside of that, dittos are ****ing dumb

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Honestly, how can people expect others to get better if the pros are distancing themselves from others? We're supposed to be a community, we should be helping eachother get better as a whole, but most of the critique threads in general are pretty dead. It saddens me.
Most "pros" got to where they are without much help from the boards and critique threads. When you play friendlies, play to learn. When you play tournament, learn from the mistakes you made. If you wait around for people to tell you your mistakes, you'll always be behind.

Thats for you too shadow1scrubJ.

Well there's nothing wrong with wanting a little help from a pro every once in a while. I agree that you'll get farther ahead by being more self-conscious with your playstyle and learning through your mistakes, but at the same time, he has a point. As a community, ideally, we'd like to stick together and help each other out so we (and our character) can grow and prosper, and our commonplace that we all reunite in is in the boards. Even though most pros got ahead without much help from the boards, it doesn't mean that the boards shouldn't be a place to come to for help.

And I prefer the name shadowscrubfreeJ imo

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, get the point you/he is trying to make. Its just annoying when people blame others for them selfs not improving.

MJG

Smash Hero
The only thing I could see pro's contributing to the boards is their input on MUs...and even then, I don't see how that would help too much since you have to at least play the MU a little..that and not every person of said character plays the same.

There are a couple of things we could do. For one, finish our guide, so nobody has to ask us questions ever again.

Critiques are slowly coming back, which is a good thing. They could be better, but they're fine right now.

Uhh, MU discussions could be a bit more in-depth IMO. Instead of arguing for ratios, we could just write a bunch of tidbits that help TLs through matchups (for example: Peach players often jab when they whiff stuff, so don't let go of your shield just yet). Things like that could help, instead of "TL loses to MK, /thread".

I already mentor people in that mentoring program (I have 2 mentors atm). More mentors would be nice, although you might need a little more dedication for that one.

I dunno, those are just a couple of things.

Top Bottom