• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red Shirt KRT's Moonwalk Guide

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
reverse moonwalkin is odd in my opinion and it really comes out of nowhere

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
All that is, is falcon moonwalking across FD knocking the opponent off the edge with a turn around falcon punch.

Its just hard to do them all that perfectly.

D

Deleted member

All that is, is falcon moonwalking across FD knocking the opponent off the edge with a turn around falcon punch.

Its just hard to do them all that perfectly.
but oh so rewarding ;)

EDIT: **** i forgot sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I wish I could moonwalk that good lol thats some intense moonwalkage

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
You just do one, then as soon as your done sliding backwards immidiately do another moonwalk.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Good guide. But idk for some reason everytime I tryed to moonwalk I failed misserably =( I just can't do it. I'll guess I need some practice, is kinda ironic cause I can do all the fox **** including turn around waveshines, drillshines infinites and rshdl/shdl

saberhof

Smash Master
how does silent spectre moonwalk??...

i can moonwalk but his is too hardcore >_>...and if its like that farthest thing move there about the green arrows, how is it even possible?...

saberhof

Smash Master
i knew the faster thing made it longer, but what about that other way of doing a moonwalk?...how far does it go? =O

jmic

Smash Ace
Generally it goes faster for most people because it's linear, i.e. less motion for your fingers.

I personally moonwalk both ways. To the left, I do a half-moon, and to the right, I do the linear one.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I don't really know how to describe how I learned, since I too used to be horrible at it. I just kept practicing and sometimes using the bunny hood, and one day it just came to me. You just have to get the path of your finger moving the control stick right. Then my moonwalk just improved the more I used it.

Jmic speaks the solid truth. Speed = length.

Jose SD 27

Smash Rookie
mm i think i can moonwalk a little more farther than SS, i will post a vid showing my moonwalk and multiple moonwalk.

jmic

Smash Ace
I'm sure many people can moonwalk farther than SS. SS just effectively moonwalks as far as he needs to, i.e. getting the reverse momentum he needs.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i need moonwalk help. ok i got the idea and i can make it come out. i understand to go further you gotta just be quicker... but what exactly does everyone do with their moonwalk? is it normally.... moonwalk... then jump backwards? j/w cause i've seen some sexy stuff off of moonwalking but even thoo i know what it is and how to do it im dumb founded.

jmic

Smash Ace
Since at the end of the moonwalk animation you're standing straight up, you can do whatever you want. Moonwalk gentleman, moonwalk grab, moonwalk falcon kick, moonwalk Fsmash, moonwalk taunt.

Once you get a good distance monwalk, i.e. about 2 wave dash lengths, it's super flashy mindgames at work. And especially if you can multiple moonwalk, hah.

Man, I need to record some videos.

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
if it helps anything, ss mentioned in g-reg's thread that he flicks the c-stick up while the control stick is at about 6 o'clock when moonwalking. i tried this and found that this actually works quite well in improving my moonwalk distance. i suppose you should ask him for specifics, but i just thought i'd throw that out there.

edit: my apologies, it was silent wolf.

If you flick the C-stick up when you're pressing down for that split second, you go twice as far.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
your suppose to hold back when you moonwalk right... not just let it go to neutral. cause it seem to go the farthest when i hold back. i also tried at 1/4 speed and couldn't even get my moonwalks as long as most....

and lol i read the your not doing it fast enough 1000times already so anymore tips.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
Is it just me or has no one mentioned that you keep your momentum when moonwalking? This was the one thing that nobody ever seemed to point out, in the end I figured it out on my own.

I do a half circle, at maximum speed, and by maximum I mean even if I go into 1/4 speed, I still get the same distance. I only recently realised that you keep the momentum from a dash, so starting with a single dash in the opposite direction to the moonwalk means it will suck. The far superior way is to dash in the direction you want to go, then dash dance back the other way, then do the half circle/whatever for the moonwalk. If you time it properly, you keep a lot of the momentum from the first dash, ie: in the direction you are trying to moonwalk.

I dunno if I explained that well, so here's a step-by-step: to moonwalk to the right, begin by dashing to the right, leave a split second to gain the dash momentum, then dash in the opposite direction, basically a dash dance. Now that you're pressing left, and facing left, perform the half circle to the right ASAP. Ideally you gain almost no momentum from your dash to the left, meaning you're left with the momentum from your dash to the right, the direction you are moonwalking. this will make your moonwalks roughly 100x better. This also applies to multiple moonwalks, ie: each moonwalk can keep the momentum from the last one, making them awesome.

Anyway, I guess I look like an idiot if somebody already explained this, but it wasn't in the initial guide, and no one seemed to be getting it. Redshirt, I think you should add this piece of info to your guide, it seems to be the most important step.

Top Bottom