• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Recovery Tier List"

Superstar

Smash Champion
Mario being placed high in most of those lists makes me a happy man.

Oh, and Ness' and Jiggs recoveries suck. Pound helps, if your opponent is a square mile or greater away from you. I used Jiggs and...I don likes it. From what I've seen, even Fox's is better than Jiggs. Ness has good distance, but the landing. =/

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Mario being placed high in most of those lists makes me a happy man.

Oh, and Ness' and Jiggs recoveries suck. Pound helps, if your opponent is a square mile or greater away from you. I used Jiggs and...I don likes it. From what I've seen, even Fox's is better than Jiggs. Ness has good distance, but the landing. =/
You gotta be joking... If Jiggs has the most horizontal recovery by far. If she is thrown out high, he always returns.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Im copying yours...but after the (parenthesis) Im adding my stuff
1- Pikachu (very high range, fastest) This Is true…but also… F*** invincibility frames
2- Luigi (floaty, high range, fireballs (worse than mario), several move possibilities, high priority up+B) (Wut…high priority up b…its because of the Down B as well
3- Mario (floaty, high range, fireballs, several move possibilities, high priority up+B) Similar to Luigi…its also because of Down B, but less range overall…
I am m switching these for a reason Luigi has a better recovery coming from the bottom…their basically the same…fireballs don’t affect the recovery because of low(ish) priority...
4- Kirby (very high range, defense capacity) As in forward air helping as well….the problem is that some chars can gimp quite easily

Mid Tier

5- Jigglypuff (very high range, no up+B) who cares about the up b…it’s a worse version of Kirby, with a bit more range but less to do and less vertical range, pound and jump even without the rising version
6- Yoshi (only one jump (semi-invicibility), no up+B) Yoshi can get killed by many characters….but it still has better recovery than most, way good enough range…but can be gimped by projectiles (and kirby’s down air :-) )
6- Samus (floaty, decent range, defense capacity, high priority up+B) Can still be gimped…there aren’t enough choices off the edge for recovering
8- Fox (average range, predictable, after up+b move range) agree…but only really predictable when coming from the bottom, has things off the edge as well

Bottom Tier

9- DK (bad upper range, predictable) The up b has invincibility frames, jumps help, but definitely better than the bottom 3
10- Ness (good range but hardest, very slow, predictable, and interceptable) I am giving ness over falcon for a good reason, ness can recover from a distance….people who are good with the recovery can use it well…but people who are good can gimp it
10- Falcon (bad range, bad recovery in general, up+b sometimes very useful) One of the only reasons why falcon is not in the top 2 in the tier list is because of his horrible recovery, falcon punch helps from a distance…but grab the edge or use a projectile and falcon is dead
12- Link (very bad range, worst recovery in general) definite yes…not just bad distance but heavy so he falls way to quickly…not enough priority at all

Superstar

Smash Champion
You gotta be joking... If Jiggs has the most horizontal recovery by far. If she is thrown out high, he always returns.
Yes, but really easy to edgeguard. Pound only helps when you are far from your opponent, do it close and you die. If I jump over or fastfall the inevitable fair/nair I might make it back, but it's difficult. I have a much easier time getting back with Fox. Jiggs' is better than Link, obviously, but still pretty bad.

Although I'm pretty much a one main man trying to experiment, so there might be millions of things people find wrong, and why I am not suggesting a list.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Yes, but really easy to edgeguard. Pound only helps when you are far from your opponent, do it close and you die. If I jump over or fastfall the inevitable fair/nair I might make it back, but it's difficult. I have a much easier time getting back with Fox. Jiggs' is better than Link, obviously, but still pretty bad.
If you are launched a mile away as Fox, you die. As Jiggs, you survive.

If you need to use all your jumps to make it to the edge, including your up+B, as fox you have no control afterwards and can be easily gimped. As jiggs, you have massive horizontal recovery and decent vertical, and you stay in control of Jiggs the whole time meaning you can defend yourself against an edgeguarder while in midair. Pound also has priority over basically all F/B airs.

Fox only has better recovery in very specific, narrow circumstances, such as being low and close to edge.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
If you are launched a mile away as Fox, you die. As Jiggs, you survive.

If you need to use all your jumps to make it to the edge, including your up+B, as fox you have no control afterwards and can be easily gimped. As jiggs, you have massive horizontal recovery and decent vertical, and you stay in control of Jiggs the whole time meaning you can defend yourself against an edgeguarder while in midair. Pound also has priority over basically all F/B airs.

Fox only has better recovery in very specific, narrow circumstances, such as being low and close to edge.
Being low isn't that narrow of a circumstance. it really isn't, especially if you're actively trying to gimp jiggs.

You may have control over jiggs during your recovery on face value, but the fact that she has no vert basically limits your trajectory to one thing. She's just as easy to edgeguard as fox is.

Pound has large lag time in which you are easily hit.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Well to be honest Ill agree with you on most of the part. becasue some of the characters you have up there have better recoveries then the others... either you made a typo or... idk :p

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Being low isn't that narrow of a circumstance. it really isn't, especially if you're actively trying to gimp jiggs.

You may have control over jiggs during your recovery on face value, but the fact that she has no vert basically limits your trajectory to one thing. She's just as easy to edgeguard as fox is.

Pound has large lag time in which you are easily hit.
i agree with this, if you watch out for pound (which has a huge hit box and atk delay) jiggly is really easy to keep off the stage...a spike at 20% can mean the end of jiggly -.-...then again not only a spike but any awkward angle will kill her

fox and CF are both the same imo for recovery..they both fail...easy to spike and/or edgehog... with only moderate distance

Yoshi will never be high on the recovery scale simply because no third jump, his massive second jump doesnt make up for the fact that its so easy to push him away...allmost any Ftilt or smash can do it at any %..and he is dead...

Mario has a better recovery then luigi for a few reasons

1) Desending fireballs. Marios fireballs actually help a lot, where as luigis very little

2) Luigi falls slow...Mario can aviod gimps a lot easier then luigi can simply because he is faster

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
i agree with this, if you watch out for pound (which has a huge hit box and atk delay) jiggly is really easy to keep off the stage...a spike at 20% can mean the end of jiggly -.-...then again not only a spike but any awkward angle will kill her

fox and CF are both the same imo for recovery..they both fail...easy to spike and/or edgehog... with only moderate distance

Yoshi will never be high on the recovery scale simply because no third jump, his massive second jump doesnt make up for the fact that its so easy to push him away...allmost any Ftilt or smash can do it at any %..and he is dead...

Mario has a better recovery then luigi for a few reasons

1) Desending fireballs. Marios fireballs actually help a lot, where as luigis very little

2) Luigi falls slow...Mario can aviod gimps a lot easier then luigi can simply because he is faster
Actually Yoshi is decently safe until mid percents. I know falcon's bair and dair don't knock him out of his second jump at around 60%, not sure when they do.

Smashes only start to actually knock him away past like 80% or so.

Yoshi's recovery is a lot better than fox/falcon/jiggs' >.>

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Actually Yoshi is decently safe until mid percents. I know falcon's bair and dair don't knock him out of his second jump at around 60%, not sure when they do.

Smashes only start to actually knock him away past like 80% or so.

Yoshi's recovery is a lot better than fox/falcon/jiggs' >.>
ill upload a video and post it here soon

Top Bottom