• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reason Why Meta Knight SHOULDN'T be ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
when did anyone start caring about what terrible players think?
QFT

@ those this would apply to: When serious discussions take place about the "brokenness" of a character on the competitive level, below-competitive play really doesn't count for anything, so please keep that in mind before posting or QQ'ing since it contributes nothing to the discussion and provokes a flame-fest. Thanks.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
To the op...
Tell me a character that counters Metaknight? Snake? Not anymore DK? No[e still slighty favors Meta... too bad. G&W? No...
Metaknight is completely dominating EVERYTHING.
Snake isn't the God everyone thought he was, AND along with that Metaknight counters Snake... which at first he countered Metaknight (or we thought) which was reason he become so popular in the first place, unfortunately more tournament play has shown us the contrary.
In fact it's become so bad recently, as long as you aren't HARD countered by Metaknight it's considered a good match up even though it's STILL in Metaknight's favor...
Everyone is comparing Metaknight to Sheik, but unfortunately it's not the same thing. IC's completely countered Sheik and other tactics were developed rather quickly when people finally started getting together around 2004-2005. Things have been evolving MUCH quicker than in Melee because of the already established fan base. Metaknight at the moment doesn't have any viable counter. Picking Metaknight yourself is the only answer to beat Metaknight. Sounds real diverse.
There hasn't been ENOUGH time to warrant a ban and maybe there never will be one, MAYBE just MAYBE he might go down just a bit. I know these are the Metaknight boards... but I mean every other character has a viable hard counter for it, and no other is character is that kind of leap BETTER than everyone else to. Metaknight at the moment is broken and though most of you that use him might not admit it, that's why you're using him in the first place, because you have a better chance at winning so why not pick Metaknight?

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
people should stop being so !@#$ lazy!!!
just get off your @$$es and figure out how to counter him!!!
ITS NOT THAT HARD!!!

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I don't hate on Meta-mains. For one thing, I remember how many people wanted to main meta-knight as soon as he was an announced character, (before the game came out and we knew how good he was) so that means he is popular in a large part because of bad-a$$ery alone. And yes I know, a good bit of people play him because he's such a good character but the point is he was popular before he was broken, so to speak.

If your favorite character just happens to be the best, so be it, and as far as the people who main MK only because of his tier-standing, they just want to win, and I can't really blame them for that.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
What character DOES counter Metaknight?
Yeah, too many people main Metaknight... Oh well.
But seriously at the moment no character can effectively counter him. If most of the community is saying it, they are probably saying it for SOME reason.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
from what i know DK and snake are good counters but lots of people say no so *shrug*
R.O.B. is no bad, my friend and i are at the same skill level and he wins about 40% of the time with his rob main

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom