• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Really good Roy's

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
REED isnt' that bad, but he's not that good. His Roy seems ******** with his Full Jump double Fair appoarch.

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
sethlon and neo both switched marth right?
Yeah, Sethlon plays Marth now. And I don't think people like that will ever really just lose their abilities with Roy. So, although there isn't any real good Roy mains out there anymore, there is still the occasional really good Roy.

UGC: Kidd

Smash Cadet
Any player can suck with any character, its just most people switch to the easier character. Roy just so happens to be one of those harder to learn characters. Most people switch their character to either: Fox, Falco, Marth, or Sheik before learning what their character can truely do.
Well said dude, Im feelin that.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Aww...people still consider me one of the good roy players even though i pretty much disowned him, and haven't even checked this forum in months. I'm touched :}

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
Well said dude, Im feelin that.
then you're "feelin" wrong.

sethlon said:
Aww...people still consider me one of the good roy players even though i pretty much disowned him, and haven't even checked this forum in months. I'm touched :}
and then people who still play him who are about as good as you dont get the respect.....................im touched.............in a bad way.....................

Smash Cadet
then you're "feelin" wrong.

Nah, im feelin pretty good actually.

and then people who still play him who are about as good as you dont get the respect.....................im touched.............in a bad way.....................
So like why do you have roy's avatar if you dont like him or what ? are you a roy player ? whats the deal. everytime i see one of your post, kinda seems as if you have something bad to say in general of anything thats responding to him.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
He accepted that Roy isn't a good character and corrects Roy fanboys who think he's amazing. Most experienced players who use low tier characters are well aware of how much their character sucks and openingly admit it.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
He accepted that Roy isn't a good character and corrects Roy fanboys who think he's amazing. Most experienced players who use low tier characters are well aware of how much their character sucks and openingly admit it.
yep.

also i think that avatar is the most homosexual avatar there is so i just HAD to have it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This is one of the best threads in history because of how much truth there is in this thread.

Roy does suck, but is fun to play. He has very few useful moves and POS moves =). Can't do squat against alot of characters.

I agree with the statement tiers>mindgames.

Smash Cadet
Well that may be your oppinion, but that doesnt make it true. Im not a roy fanboy or a fanboy of anyone for that matter. Young Link and Link are as close as I come to fanboy. I know hundreds of people in my state that believes link is a horrible if not the worst character in the game. Just like in the first game. On an additional note no one here said roy was an all out god. Just as somone might have something positive to say about roy, we dont need a roy basher to come flameing roy to covince the roy liker to instaintly dislike him. You cant win someone over by forceing your opinion on them good or bad, you can only shed light and see if it reaches them its self. Which is what i see alot. It seems alot of the people on this site cant divide bluntly stated opinions from facts. I can say young link, is the best character in the game. and have about 10 to 13 board members back me up... but that wont make it true. But if I choose to believe that, then thats what im going to believe.

But Im not blind to what your saying aswell, Its good when a person can openly admit to characters personal limitations and weakness. Its simply a matter of playing around that. I merely believe in my signature.

Edit: Oh and Sinz Im feelin that rocklee avatar,Nice.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
Well that may be your oppinion, but that doesnt make it true. Im not a roy fanboy or a fanboy of anyone for that matter. Young Link and Link are as close as I come to fanboy. I know hundreds of people in my state that believes link is a horrible if not the worst character in the game. Just like in the first game. On an additional note no one here said roy was an all out god. Just as somone might have something positive to say about roy, we dont need a roy basher to come flameing roy to covince the roy liker to instaintly dislike him. You cant win someone over by forceing your opinion on them good or bad, you can only shed light and see if it reaches them its self. Which is what i see alot. It seems alot of the people on this site cant divide bluntly stated opinions from facts. I can say young link, is the best character in the game. and have about 10 to 13 board members back me up... but that wont make it true. But if I choose to believe that, then thats what im going to believe.

But Im not blind to what your saying aswell, Its good when a person can openly admit to characters personal limitations and weakness. Its simply a matter of playing around that. I merely believe in my signature.

Edit: Oh and Sinz Im feelin that rocklee avatar,Nice.
you talk about fact and opinion and what you think is fact. go to a tournament, then you will realise what we are talking about is fact. and tiers exist, get over it.

Smash Cadet
you talk about fact and opinion and what you think is fact. go to a tournament, then you will realise what we are talking about is fact. and tiers exist, get over it.
Ive been to 17 tournaments already. 4 of them MLGs. What are you talking about again ? What does anything you just said have to do with any of this ?

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
Ive been to 17 tournaments already. 4 of them MLGs. What are you talking about again ? What does anything you just said have to do with any of this ?
im saying you are not smart. especially when you quote a 13 year old in your sig and make it your "philosophy" on tiers.

Smash Cadet
im saying you are not smart. especially when you quote a 13 year old in your sig and make it your "philosophy" on tiers.
Obviously your the one that isnt too smart, Im saying this has been my philosophy, and wouldnt go as far to call it that. But this is has been something Ive believed in before I even knew of this site. This is something I put into every fighting game I play street fight series included. I quoted this one person out of many as to show somone else that believes in it also. And your calling me dumb ? Obviously your stateing something you barely understand yourself... For future posts, be sure to think before you speak ;) . Not to mention that 13 year old has obviously a better understanding than some of the people i debate with, Including you.

Edit: Dont take this to hard

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
Obviously your the one that isnt too smart, Im saying this has been my philosophy, and wouldnt go as far to call it that. But this is has been something Ive believed in before I even knew of this site. This is something I put into every fighting game I play street fight series included. I quoted this one person out of many as to show somone else that believes in it also. And your calling me dumb ? Obviously your stateing something you barely understand yourself... For future posts, be sure to think before you speak ;) . Not to mention that 13 year old has obviously a better understanding than some of the people i debate with, Including you.

Edit: Dont take this to hard
i would take your "philosophy" more seriously if even 1 good player believed in it. unfortunately no one good does! gg

Smash Cadet
i would take your "philosophy" more seriously if even 1 good player believed in it. unfortunately no one good does! gg
Well that may be your oppinion, but that doesnt make it true. Im not a roy fanboy or a fanboy of anyone for that matter. You cant win someone over by forceing your opinion on them good or bad, you can only shed light and see if it reaches them its self. Which is what i see alot. It seems alot of the people on this site cant divide bluntly stated opinions from facts. I can say young link, is the best character in the game. and have about 10 to 13 board members back me up... but that wont make it true. But if I choose to believe that, then thats what im going to believe.
I could continue debateing with you, but obviously you have a very little attention span, So ill just leave you with this. I think it makes good a response, Besides I dont have allday to pal around with you.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
"Any player can suck with any character, its just most people switch to the easier character"

So true... i mean it doesn't take skill to "suck" with any character all you have to do is not try.. of course for some players it takes more skills to suck.

** edit ** and people do swtich to characters you can suck with so easily, fox and falco, they fall so fast they die easily..

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I don't know how you deal with these people Cherokee Warrior....

If I was as stupid as some of these kids, I'd probably end my own life simply for the greater good. Humanity won't get too far if we all go around disregarding the facts so we can believe in something that has no basis or logical support. Wait, we're talking about religion, right?

ps - Roy sucks

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
I don't know how you deal with these people Cherokee Warrior....

If I was as stupid as some of these kids, I'd probably end my own life simply for the greater good. Humanity won't get too far if we all go around disregarding the facts so we can believe in something that has no basis or logical support. Wait, we're talking about religion, right?

ps - Roy sucks
i seriously dont know..........i just dont know how i go on looking at this forum..............i just...............i just wish i could................nevermind

Top Bottom