• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Team Dogfight

Smash Rookie
Following up on that, Zelda's neutral special should be Din's Fire while her down special becomes Nayru's Love. I mean, it's a reflector. That just SCREAMS "down special." As for Sheik, Chain should become his down special.

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
That would actually help us out alot. We need more ideas for things.
If I could I would like to work on this project and make csps, If you want I will send you some via pm

welp my computer glitched and made me post alot sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So with the assumption that you guys haven't totally redesigned the menus, have you thought of doing something like this? Changing the icon on the menu buttons for version 0.5?

Following up on that, Zelda's neutral special should be Din's Fire while her down special becomes Nayru's Love. I mean, it's a reflector. That just SCREAMS "down special." As for Sheik, Chain should become her down special.
Why didn't I think of that? That is just too perfect, in fact Nayru's Love as standard special ALWAYS felt really awkward to me, it being executed by doing a down special is way too perfect.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
if you guys are looking for new members, I'd totally be down to help out with designing Squirtle. I've been dabbling in psa lately and it would probably be a good way to learn more things :p

Team Dogfight

Smash Rookie
So wait, is all that's being worked on right now is models? Like, is gameplay and animation ready to go for the first demo?

Because I'm perfectly fine with playing as Brawl models for a demo. I just wanna see how accurate the gameplay is.

Plus if the first demo is only going to include the original 12 characters, why should the models of non-SSB64 characters be of any concern right now?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So wait, is all that's being worked on right now is models? Like, is gameplay and animation ready to go for the first demo?

Because I'm perfectly fine with playing as Brawl models for a demo. I just wanna see how accurate the gameplay is.

Plus if the first demo is only going to include the original 12 characters, why should the models of non-SSB64 characters be of any concern right now?
The whole models and art-style isn't even final, so no. It's only unofficial discussion.

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is still going on, but I might be able to make some Hd Smash 64 textures. (By Hd, I mean Brawl quality)

Last edited:

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
If I could I would like to work on this project and make csps, If you want I will send you some via pm

welp my computer glitched and made me post alot sorry
can i get a reply back on this plz.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I know that this isn't really supposed to be discussed yet, but I just want to say that the idea of Reality 64 bringing back Melee characters like Young Link, Roy, or Mewtwo would be absolutely awful. If this was to actually happen then it would only draw attention back to Melee and destroy the purpose of Reality 64.

Mewtwo would only be the possible exception since he was going to be in Smash 64, but only if he had a new moveset instead of being based off of Melee.

This is all opinion and stuff, but if Reality 64 actually did that and started focusing on Melee then that would probably be the lowest point of the whole project.

Team Dogfight

Smash Rookie
I know that this isn't really supposed to be discussed yet, but I just want to say that the idea of Reality 64 bringing back Melee characters like Young Link, Roy, or Mewtwo would be absolutely awful. If this was to actually happen then it would only draw attention back to Melee and destroy the purpose of Reality 64.

Mewtwo would only be the possible exception since he was going to be in Smash 64, but only if he had a new moveset instead of being based off of Melee.

This is all opinion and stuff, but if Reality 64 actually did that and started focusing on Melee then that would probably be the lowest point of the whole project.
Personally I think they should just have the original 12 characters, original 9 stages (plus Meta Crystal, Duel Zone, and Final Destination), and make the gameplay 100% identical to the original N64 game. Don't make Brawl in the style of N64. Just make Smash 64 HD.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Personally I think they should just have the original 12 characters, original 9 stages (plus Meta Crystal, Duel Zone, and Final Destination), and make the gameplay 100% identical to the original N64 game. Don't make Brawl in the style of N64. Just make Smash 64 HD.
I feel like that might end up being more work than sort of combining Brawl and Smash 64 together, since you would have to design a new menu.

If they actually went with this then I imagine the reception would be suck, but I do support the idea of only having selectable characters who are finished and brought into the Reality 64 style, that would be very cool.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Something I'd love to see with this project are some reskinned Brawl stages (into something that could've appeared on the N64). Something like reskinning Smashville into an F-Zero X stage or something if that makes sense.

MisterBlueSky85

Smash Rookie
Coming in late, didn't read the full thread.

I love the idea of this project. My suggestion is to introduce a Level 10 difficulty.

I recently learned that, abstractly, to make an AI, you have to program the CP to win the game -- which it will do exceedingly well (being a computer). Then, you make it *worse* so a human can stand a chance against it. With Smash 64, the AI just isn't that great, but it was nerfed anyway at all difficulties. Lame.

..However, I noticed sometimes when playing CPs that they were suprisingly hard, much harder than they are normally (about 2x as hard). If someone can figure out how to reproduce the bug and figure out why it works, now we've got a harder AI to play with. Bugged difficulty = Level 10.

Thoughts?

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
Coming in late, didn't read the full thread.

I love the idea of this project. My suggestion is to introduce a Level 10 difficulty.

I recently learned that, abstractly, to make an AI, you have to program the CP to win the game -- which it will do exceedingly well (being a computer). Then, you make it *worse* so a human can stand a chance against it. With Smash 64, the AI just isn't that great, but it was nerfed anyway at all difficulties. Lame.

..However, I noticed sometimes when playing CPs that they were suprisingly hard, much harder than they are normally (about 2x as hard). If someone can figure out how to reproduce the bug and figure out why it works, now we've got a harder AI to play with. Bugged difficulty = Level 10.

Thoughts?
IMO it isn't necessary until they have a working game.Also The AI bug you mentioned isn't possible you're probably just putting them in different situations that makes them adjust and do different things.

DJfour7

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJfour7
sorry if I missed this in the post, but will S-specials still exist or will they be like in smash 64 where S-special is the same as N-special?

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
sorry if I missed this in the post, but will S-specials still exist or will they be like in smash 64 where S-special is the same as N-special?
I think sides are being removed, making them behave like neutrals.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Hello everybody.

Sorry this isn't a big announcement, but I'd like to say that we have a Google Form ready for those who want to apply for Reality 64! Click here to get to the form.

Josiah Virgil

Smash Cadet
What if instead of removing side specials, they become a slightly different variant of the neutral special? Example: side special for Mario could be a slightly longer fireball arc.

DJfour7

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJfour7
What if instead of removing side specials, they become a slightly different variant of the neutral special? Example: side special for Mario could be a slightly longer fireball arc.
I totally support that idea, it would make the game feel like a more stylized Smash 64. (Also for the characters that's Nspecials were their Sspecials in Smash 64 such as Link could have their Nspecial be the variant (like Link's Sspecial would be his boomerang and his Nspecial would be a faster boomerang that travels straight and does not come back.))

EDIT: I just thought about it, and that would make it feel a bit to different from Smash 64, what I would actually do is have the normal version be N and Sspecial and have the smash Sspecial be the varient. (e.x. Samus' Sspecial is normally a homing missile, but if you do a smash Sspecial (like how you do a smash attack), it fires a powerful missile that does not home in on people.)

Last edited:

bb010g

Smash Cadet
If I want 64 HD, I can use an emulator. AFAIK, this project is basically PM for 64 instead of Melee. It's bound to start as a clone, but we can do more than that while still keeping that 64 feel.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I'm very sorry this is the case sir, a lot of people have been stuck in their personal life. We should have gameplay out this summer.
I haven't been on this forum in almost a year. I logged back in just to say: bull****. Literally every time this question is brought up, it's always "it'll be out later" or "we'll show gameplay at <random point in time that could be convenient>." I have backed this project since its inception but it's not really going anywhere, evidently.

Ah well, maybe this summer... right? :^)

Top Bottom