• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Smash4Kart8

Smash Rookie
Why? the gameplay in 64 is so much slower you do not need c-stick smashing. If youve played it enough you know that side a is just as good. Plus it would take away from it.

I think c stick should be disabled and side B's should be considered after a release without it.
I've been playing with a the C stick for too long; I literally cannot play Smash without it. To each their own, though.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Can't people just use custom controls to have jump on C-Stick, or Smash on C-Stick? It would be nice for C-Stick to automatically be Smash attacks, but I think 64 players would be happy with the option to have Jump programmed onto C-Stick.

shock394

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-4811-1157
Can't people just use custom controls to have jump on C-Stick, or Smash on C-Stick? It would be nice for C-Stick to automatically be Smash attacks, but I think 64 players would be happy with the option to have Jump programmed onto C-Stick.
Even though the C-stick is useful for jumping, the X and Y buttons are better since they're push buttons, just like the C-buttons on the N64 Controller.

isalegend

Smash Rookie
I saw this project a couple months ago, and made me want to play some Smash 64, now I completely love the idea of this project.

I also made a recreation of Kirby's Fair and thought I would share it with the people working on this here. http://imgur.com/VMlCb1K

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Will this project eventually end up adding their own characters?
I think we should let them focus on the Brawl characters before we start thinking about new ones
Not trying to be rude to you, just saying that its probably best for everyone if we don't think too far ahead here.

InnerMobius

Smash Apprentice
I'm just this guy...
For characters that don't already have N64-style models, I've found a way to still have them. And it's been in Brawlbox all along, even though I'm too ****ty at 3D modeling right now to help you guys as much as I'd like. Hiding the noobish terrible texture mapping and all that, here's ZSS:

it's simple. It's the 3D model for shadows, it's low-poly and on-point. If someone more experienced than myself were to texture this (I'm really, really out of my league trying to do anything 3D as my area of expertise is 2D right now), it would be the perfect model for her in this project.

The same goes for almost every other character that doesn't have an N64 model to correspond with.

Cheers!
..coming back to this site to show more support for this. Hope everything is going well with it

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I don't know if this has already been answered, But will characters get new appearances?

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It's still unknown if low-poly will be a thing, it's been an idea we've tossed around.
Oh yeah and if we don't get the original menu music, This whole entire project is a failure.

Josiah Virgil

Smash Cadet
I think we should let them focus on the Brawl characters before we start thinking about new ones
Not trying to be rude to you, just saying that its probably best for everyone if we don't think too far ahead here.
Eh..

Last edited:

Smash4Kart8

Smash Rookie
Custom controls would be very nice. That's My favourite thing about Brawl; not that I used it for the actual GameCube controller (why would anyone do that?) but the PDP gamecube styled controller (which is inferior to the Hori one) has the triggers in reverse, so the custom mapping made it perfectly useable. So yeah, it'd be neat to have it be customiseable, and since brawl has remapping of the C stick, it should be quite doable.

Smash4Kart8

Smash Rookie
So! I really like how with Project M, Balanced Brawl, and allegedly with Brawl- and Brawl+ (My Brawl- attempt failed, and I never tried Brawl+), you can make an ISO of them, which is so much better. Anyway: will that be doable with this?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Has there been a final decision to remove side specials? I honestly would like that.

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
So! I really like how with Project M, Balanced Brawl, and allegedly with Brawl- and Brawl+ (My Brawl- attempt failed, and I never tried Brawl+), you can make an ISO of them, which is so much better. Anyway: will that be doable with this?
how do you create an .ISO of Project M? I have a real copy of SSBB but it would make it easier if I could do that.

Smash4Kart8

Smash Rookie
how do you create an .ISO of Project M? I have a real copy of SSBB but it would make it easier if I could do that.
The smashladder link that knitephox put would get the job done, but this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/72gf1bwh63ge6z2/SSBB_Mod_ISO_Builder_v1.01.zip is much better. It's really simple: you download whichever Project M that you want, that SSBB ISO builder, and you can either make a rip of your Brawl disc, or download an ISO of it, then you put all of those files in the same folder, you drag the Brawl ISO into the "Build_ISO" file, and then you hit any button, then you hit 1, and then you hit 1 for the full set, 2 for the wifi set, and 3 for patt edition. Personally, I haven't got the patt edition to work, but I have made working ISOs of the full set, and the wifi set. The smashladder one seems to be for only one of them (I think wifi).

Dsc

Smash Ace
Oh yeah and if we don't get the original menu music, This whole entire project is a failure.
I plan to do my best in remixing every single piece of music from the original game. However, the menu music is the one I'm most not looking forward to, but of course it'll still happen.

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
here's one example of how to make a PM iso

http://www.smashladder.com/help/windows
The smashladder link that knitephox put would get the job done, but this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/72gf1bwh63ge6z2/SSBB_Mod_ISO_Builder_v1.01.zip is much better. It's really simple: you download whichever Project M that you want, that SSBB ISO builder, and you can either make a rip of your Brawl disc, or download an ISO of it, then you put all of those files in the same folder, you drag the Brawl ISO into the "Build_ISO" file, and then you hit any button, then you hit 1, and then you hit 1 for the full set, 2 for the wifi set, and 3 for patt edition. Personally, I haven't got the patt edition to work, but I have made working ISOs of the full set, and the wifi set. The smashladder one seems to be for only one of them (I think wifi).

wow thank you guys. this is exactly what i was looking for. much appreciated

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I plan to do my best in remixing every single piece of music from the original game. However, the menu music is the one I'm most not looking forward to, but of course it'll still happen.
Wait, A remix?! That sounds amazing!!!

I always wanted somebody to remix the main theme and give it a little beat without changing it completely.

Josiah Virgil

Smash Cadet
If we were to ever make unique characters, there are a lot of N64 legends that would fit perfectly.

Such could be: Bomberman, Banjo, Chunky Kong, maybe James Bond, Paper Mario, maybe Meowth, or even Nester. Just throwing some out there.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
If we were to ever make unique characters, there are a lot of N64 legends that would fit perfectly.

Such could be: Bomberman, Banjo, Chunky Kong, maybe James Bond, Paper Mario, maybe Meowth, or even Nester. Just throwing some out there.
I say Meowth is the best choice here since he's the only character that was planned to be in Smash 64 that never made it into a game playable.
Also already has a model
Regardless, the main cast should remain as the priority, and I don't think this project should add a lot of characters, just in general.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Looking like 64 is what R64 is shooting for, though RealHero said we'll have hi-poly and lo-poly versions of the game in separate releases. I personally want it be an exact replica of 64 with Brawl characters and stages added but it largely depends on how far Brawl hacking lets us go (I think it won't let us get the skeleton effect that 64 uses when an electric attack connects, but nobody's tried to implement it AFAIK). Series symbols are likely going to use their oldest forms: Mario will have his 64 one, G&W will have his Melee one, etc.

We could go farther with visual emulation (and do other stuff) if we rewrote SSB from scratch (which lets it run on more platforms, have more features, become expandable and can be released open-source), but that that would take a very long time. I would actually like to create an open-source from-scratch SSB, but I would need people to help develop it. SSB workshop doesn't allow threads for projects unless they have gotten rather far in development, however, so finding people interested will be rather hard.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I would actually like to create an open-source from-scratch SSB, but I would need people to help develop it. SSB workshop doesn't allow threads for projects unless they have gotten rather far in development, however, so finding people interested will be rather hard.
I'm kind of in the same situation (I need to learn how to code, or find someone who could fill the role for most of the programming while I handle the art, music, and story. I just found a site called indieteamup.com that you might be interested in. It seems legit but I won't try and form a team or join one any time soon since I'm already involved with Reality 64's art and a few other projects I'm working on.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
(Post redacted by another member's insistence)

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Hey R64DT (Reality 64 dev team), are you guys going to implement the SDHC code? It allows you to use SDHC cards above 2GB. The PMDT uses that exact code in their PM3.5 release.

Sorry that I did not include it in this post. If you want to find it, search Brawl SDHC extension code [Bero].

Hope this helps.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Hey R64DT (Reality 64 dev team), are you guys going to implement the SDHC code? It allows you to use SDHC cards above 2GB. The PMDT uses that exact code in their PM3.5 release.

Sorry that I did not include it in this post. If you want to find it, search Brawl SDHC extension code [Bero].

Hope this helps.
We already have this, thanks. Of course, it would have helped if a certain team member had mentioned it.

Rage83

Smash Ace
yeah, just that the code only works when you use the homebrew channel or letterbomb :p
We are aware that it does not do anything for hackless setups. We can't change that unless we went out and modified the actual disc's hardcoding(which is impossible).

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
What is it with the Wii and SD card types anyway? Did Nintendo use Windows 95 drivers for the SD card slot or something?

Last edited:
Top Bottom