• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Sedda

Smash Champion
I read that, but was that the only thing you had in mind? Luigi is slow enough already, so it's like youre taking away a movement option from him. I guess this also affects perfect landing on the top platform with fox? He's amazing, but not as good on DL as he is on Hyrule, so he doesn't need that type of nerfing either, and I don't play falcon so idk about that

just curious

Last edited:

EazyDI

Smash Apprentice
To make it so Falcon and Luigi have to double jump. So some characters don't have an advantage over someone else.
Then what's the point of them having a higher jump? Characters naturally have advantages. They have higher jumps for a reason.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
To make it so Falcon and Luigi have to double jump. So some characters don't have an advantage over someone else.
That makes 0 sense.
This is a fighting game, some people will have advantages over others, that comes with the territory.
You can leave it like it is, but that philosophy shouldn't be a valid argument for change in the future.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
That makes 0 sense.
This is a fighting game, some people will have advantages over others, that comes with the territory.
You can leave it like it is, but that philosophy shouldn't be a valid argument for change in the future.
Well I could be wrong. Just ask sluigi.

Sedda

Smash Champion
the way I see it is that changing the only stage that doesnt get any hate from any side in the competitive spectrum (at least US only) is kinda like buffing/nerfing the characters without achieving near exact 64 mechanics.

I know some people from the 64 community arent supportive of some of your ideas for the project, but there's nothing wrong with bringing a skilled player aboard to fill you guys in on any faulty logic. I don't care about falcon, but a character like luigi should benefit from any advantages DL can give him.

It's like saying that you're going to strip away Pika's upb so that he doesn't have an advantage over everybody else. Falcon's recovery is bad, but given his speed and combo ability on stage, it doesn't matter. It's not black and white.

poor luigi =(

Last edited:

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
Is there anyway I can apply for a backroom position I have followed this project for a long period of time and have been interested since early september and never got the chance to post something this meaningful for the project. I have developed multiple implications to make brawl a working engine to replicate 64 many have turned to great success and are enjoyable to many. I live in florida and talk to wizzrobe one of 64's top players daily and he has been a great help in my projects. With my help and wizzrobes suggestions I can guarentee that this will gain so much hype from both the casual and competitive smash community. Thank you for your time :) from: Noghrilla
Ps: I know how to code and I am top 5 in project m in south florida.

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
Yo sluigi when you get the chance get online in skype the backroom needs to talk

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
how to apply getting into the backroom/playtesting group?

i play 64 at least 5 times a week since late 2010, i also can get some legit 64 players that can at least playtest as well and give feedback from veteran 64 players

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
I fully support knitephox and hope he can aslo join our backroom

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
What's going on here? Luigi's jump goes to top platform, while falcon's doesn't. Are you trying to make this game like 64 or skewing it to how you want it?

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
we are working on it boom Ive brought up the issue to the rest of the backroom

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
Will all the characters be resized and fitted with n64 style graphics?

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Will all the characters be resized and fitted with n64 style graphics?
^
Will be answered at Q&A.
Also everyone we are looking for someone who can do menu art and pixel art. If you would care to apply for that task pm me some of your art and a Skype name. I am looking forward to hearing from you guys. Even if you have a friend who can do art. Tell them to contact me.

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion

i play 64 at least 5 times a week since late 2010, i also can get some legit 64 players that can at least playtest as well and give feedback from veteran 64 players
MATTS! is not a legit 64 player. S-PWNED. :secretkpop:

So what's going on, d00dz? Are you guys still incredibly disconnected from the purpose of a 64 mod for Brawl?

Why was the top platform on DL moved up?
O-Oh my.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I really want this to be good but I have a feeling it won't. Either way I'm eager to play it.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLLOOOOOOLOLROOFLOLLOLLMAOOLAOKLAOLOLOA

I can guarantee you that I can 5 stock those players over and over

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I think we are good with play testers for now. If we really need anyone we will ask. Our main thing right now is needing someone who can provide art or pixel art. Either or.

EverythingSmash

www.youtube.com/everythingsmash
Honestly I'm terrible at animating, art, and I know nothing about hacking what so ever out side the realm of a gameshark. However I'm a huge Smash Bros. 64 fan and still play the game on a weekly basis, so I'd really like to help this project in any way possible to help make it a reality. What I lack in programing skills, I can make up for in promoting or basic video editing. I run a fairly large Smash Bros. Channel on youtube, & you have my support.If I can help in anyway let me know either here, or by contacting me at kylechaffee921@gmail.com I'd love to become part of this project. :)

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Honestly I'm terrible at animating, art, and I know nothing about hacking what so ever out side the realm of a gameshark. However I'm a huge Smash Bros. 64 fan and still play the game on a weekly basis, so I'd really like to help this project in any way possible to help make it a reality. What I lack in programing skills, I can make up for in promoting or basic video editing. I run a fairly large Smash Bros. Channel on youtube, & you have my support.If I can help in anyway let me know either here, or by contacting me at kylechaffee921@gmail.com I'd love to become part of this project. :)
Check your PMs

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Well out of pure boredom I remade the Smash 64 boxart:

(Yes I know in some spots it looks like crap, but this was just for fun!)

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Well I could be wrong. Just ask sluigi.
Sadly you're right, but I'm the fool for putting that statement in the list to start with, because I forgot to scratch it off my brainstormed change-list of all the stages. Terribly sorry about this ambiguous uproar.

I'd like to believe you, man, but (I hate to be doing this) just to be a professional, all I need to see is at least some gameplay of you playing this game in a competitive view-point, before I have a say about this. I for one am a 64 player, and have played it for a really long time (since 2000 to be exact), and I play this game at both a casual and competitive standpoint, which is why Mewtwo2000 and I are making casual and competitive versions of the original 9 stages in the first place.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLLOOOOOOLOLROOFLOLLOLLMAOOLAOKLAOLOLOA

I can guarantee you that I can 5 stock those players over and over

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'd like to believe you, man, but (I hate to be doing this) just to be a professional, all I need to see is at least some gameplay of you playing this game in a competitive view-point, before I have a say about this. I for one am a 64 player, and have played it for a really long time (since 2000 to be exact), and I play this game at both a casual and competitive standpoint, which is why Mewtwo2000 and I are making casual and competitive versions of the original 9 stages in the first place.
i'll play you online any day man, here's my video to show you how to setup and play ssb64 online on PC.

i'm also going to zenith 2014 and apex 2015 if you want to play at either of those, or if you ever visit Chicago.

most of these videos are old, my twitch doesn't archive my online streams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68iW_PxQZrE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Nm22iNDcM

http://www.twitch.tv/knitephox/b/541876482

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APS5biwFsyk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZRVyuAnkFM#t=4800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmc89uo6IVs

and on the flipside, i've never heard of (or seen any posts on ssb64 section of the boards)you or mewtwo2000 in the ssb64 competitive scene whereas many people can say they've heard of and met me before

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Mewtwo2000 isn't really a competitive player, but he can be if he wanted to.

I did look at your videos, and I'm impressed with what I saw. I do like your style with Fox, mainly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told by a couple 64 players, since I was able to get a hold of them online, that Dreamland is the only neutral stage, while Peach's Castle and Kongo Jungle are counterpicks as of now.

I'd like to play SSB64 with you, but I got this project and another project I'm working on, so I pretty much got my hands full at the moment.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Really? The way I see it is that they're not a competitive player (i.e. a casual player that doesn't know how to play at a high level), but they can learn to be a non-casual player.

Back when PM was in its early development, they were looking for play testers and I applied. You either had to be a really good player in Melee or be good with hacking/coding. I was not good at either. So I basically said what Mewtwo2000 supposedly is. "I'm not really good at this game, but I can be if I played more!" I didn't really offer much to the devs. Well, I didn't get in.

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
wow i am so excited! i remember following brawl64. i hope this game tries to emulate as close to the original 64. having it as close to the original would be the best thing.

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
just curious, has anyone reached out to the PM people to see if they're interested in helping? becasue they did a great job with PM

Top Bottom