• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Hey guys! So I was looking at some brawl mods about a year back that tried to make the game more like ssb64. I couldn't find any good ones... Until I came across this. I thought it looked so cool, and I hoped that it would be finished because ssb64 is my favorite smash game and I thought it would be really neat to have a good mod for brawl. I stopped looking for mods a while back, but today I checked up on this project and it just made my day to see that it is still going. I'm really glad that there are some people who are willing to put work and time into this project and that you guys continue to keep going... Good luck everybody! Also, I would help if I could, but I literally know nothing about programming on a Wii or other things like graphical design... I might be able to join you guys after doing some research. :) Sorry if this was too long...
Hey no prob! Honesty is the best thing to post in my book!

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
How about now?
(Edit) Sorry for the double post, just wanted to give a notification

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
He looks better; I think his eyebrows just give him an aggressive look which looks kinda weird. Maybe try changin em a bit and see if that makes the open mouth better? Idk but it looks like it's getting there!

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
SWEEGEE UPDATE!
My apologies on the stage updating, that was my job on doing things, however I've given you guys something to be surprised about.

FYI, this'll be Kongo Jungle's competitive version of the stage, and is still a work in progress.​

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
How about this? It matches the our concept art better, and I've learned to do matching CSPs for Alt costumes. I'm thinking though that alts will be left out in the first release
Also Sluigi123 Sluigi123 when the stage is done send it to me in Slack so I can render it.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
This looks awesaome. Do you have an estimated ie for completion?
Estimated time for completion of what? If the renders, then I've rendered all of Mario's costumes. If you mean a release, Sluigi is in charge of editing movesets, coding, and making stages, which is pretty much all we need left + a lot of renders from me. I don't want to reveal too much, especially without the team's permission. We don't have an estimate.

Last edited:

DoomCake196

Smash Apprentice
Estimated time for completion of what? If the renders, then I've rendered all of Mario's costumes. If you mean a release, Sluigi is in charge of editing movesets, coding, and making stages, which is pretty much all we need left + a lot of renders from me. I don't want to reveal too much, especially without the team's permission. We don't have an estimate.
Yeah I meant release

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
How about this? It matches the our concept art better, and I've learned to do matching CSPs for Alt costumes. I'm thinking though that alts will be left out in the first release
Also Sluigi123 Sluigi123 when the stage is done send it to me in Slack so I can render it.
i can't ever see that pose without thinking of this
also, you changed the pose? what gives?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
i can't ever see that pose without thinking of this
also, you changed the pose? what gives?
We have a bunch of concept art on the slack and it just matches Mario's better. I'm going to try and match up the renders for all the characters to the concept art, plus a bunch of my old renders need to be updated and have weird looking poses.

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
After seeing this new render and the old ones, I can finally pinpoint what's so off with them: the irises are FAR smaller in the eye than they should be on Mario's eyes; they look almost as small as his Sm4sh damage irises.

upload_2016-7-1_2-31-40.png

Please forgive the sloppy edit, but IMO I think bigger irises work better and don't make him look so "shocked" (although I think my example irises are actually a touch too big).

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I'm going to be out for a week and most of the other team members are inactive, so don't expect an update on Thursday, but I'm improving my renders, so If I even can, I'm going to make that render even better. However, I'm not sure where it'd be put in the game.

Smash4Kart8

Smash Rookie
I'm so glad that this is still going. I love that there are so many renders. I found the character select screen with “Reality64” in it especially encouraging. Definitely don't rush the release; haste makes waste, and all that. Brawl had it's official release date put off a few times before it was actually released. And currently, Zelda U has been put off from it's original release date by years. If we have to wait for a quality production, then I'm fine with that.
Keep up the amazing work!

RRexy

Smash Rookie
Wow, this is going to be awesome! Keep up the good work! (P.S. 64 is the best smash entry in the series IMO) ;)

wwe4865

Smash Rookie
IT looks awesome first i thought it was a n64 smash mod but brawl mod is better than an 64! Also are you guys (or gals idk) making a texturepack? ●3●

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
IT looks awesome first i thought it was a n64 smash mod but brawl mod is better than an 64! Also are you guys (or gals idk) making a texturepack? ●3●
Not a texture pack, we're making Brawl more like Smash 64. If you'd like a texture pack I suggest looking at Smash 3, Smash 3c (Which I've worked with), or Smash 2 (Formerly known as Melee Remastered)

wwe4865

Smash Rookie
I know I meant to say was will you guys make a texturepack for this? (also i use Smash 3c texture pack)

Last edited:

wwe4865

Smash Rookie
Also, when do you think this project is gonna finish? Also, are you gonna continue making this project better like project?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Sorry for missing this Thursday to show off this, but now I have a full high-quality render for Mario with the proper eye size.
Don't worry about the shadow, it's edited in. But wait, there's more! I'm happy to show off Metal Cavern's render
Please appreciate the background render, it took 3 hours to render, not counting the failed renders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom