• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

realease date concerns

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
how is it, does it make your day to point out someone else s mistake instead of contributing to the topic
I think it is more to the point of trying to educate people, so that they seem more credible. If you were to listen to a debate between a person who didn't bother to educate themselves and one who did, which person would you find more credible?

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Yeah and guess what? Brawl had balance issues. MK is way over powered, and Sonic, Link and Ganon totally suck. Plus Brawl online lagged and crashed all the time. If they release it in 2015 we'll probably get more balance, more game modes, possibly more characters and just more content in general. .
Who really cares about more modes in smash brothers? If I have to play through another subdumb emmisary I'm gonna throw my Wii U. Make unlockable characters through event challenges and the traditional arcade style solo run through.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I think it is more to the point of trying to educate people, so that they seem more credible. If you were to listen to a debate between a person who didn't bother to educate themselves and one who did, which person would you find more credible?
Depends on which side I already agreed with, but assuming neutrality then yes I would find the more educated person to be more credible. The former is a psychological flaw but just because I recognize it doesn't mean it disappears.

But back to the point. The trouble with correcting people's grammar on forums is you have no idea what medium they are using to communicate. Maybe they can only use their phone to jump on here, and having proper grammar on one of those could be a pain in the neck. Also there wasn't a debate brewing so why bring it up? Unless you are suggesting that one use case means we should always have perfect grammar.

I kinda wonder what would happen if you saw one of smashoperatingbuddy's post. It might destroy your mind. Speaking of which if said person see's this post, we love you dude. You're a dude right? Eh, don't remember. Anyway, I just couldn't not bring you up.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Depends on which side I already agreed with, but assuming neutrality then yes I would find the more educated person to be more credible. The former is a psychological flaw but just because I recognize it doesn't mean it disappears.

But back to the point. The trouble with correcting people's grammar on forums is you have no idea what medium they are using to communicate. Maybe they can only use their phone to jump on here, and having proper grammar on one of those could be a pain in the neck. Also there wasn't a debate brewing so why bring it up? Unless you are suggesting that one use case means we should always have perfect grammar.

I kinda wonder what would happen if you saw one of smashoperatingbuddy's post. It might destroy your mind. Speaking of which if said person see's this post, we love you dude. You're a dude right? Eh, don't remember. Anyway, I just couldn't not bring you up.
i completely agree i meen afterall it shouldn t matter what type of medium we use as looong as we get our point acros but i don t sea the harm in letin peeps now that they have mispeled a word hear and there howevr how we go abut tellin that person shuld bee in a nice way and not a meen way i think always having perfekt grammer is inplausable butt at least atemptin too is worthy am i makin any cents

edit i still standbye my predikted relise of septmber 2014

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
Who really cares about more modes in smash brothers? If I have to play through another subdumb emmisary I'm gonna throw my Wii U. Make unlockable characters through event challenges and the traditional arcade style solo run through.
I was not talking about Subspace. I was talking about more events, bringing back Race to the Finish, personal stages for each character on Break the Targets, stuff like that.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I hope we don't get Smash Bros. Too far into next year. It's hard to get hyped right now about a game almost a year away.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well the podcast said it was for games released to up to aug so it reasons to guess no later then aug

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Maybe I'm reading this thread wrong but it seems like its full of some impatient people with some of their reasoning.

I'll just throw my two bits in:

I am also pretty impatient with lack of release date or no real estimate. However I know the game will be a great game since they're taking their time on it and not rushing it out. Those practices can destroy a game really bad(ex. Sonic 06). I know that the Wii U seems like its in a tough spot due to a terrible first year,and things just not working in Nintendo's favor looks at Rayman Legends so it can get some people worried that Smash 4 isn't coming out fast enough so it can save the Wii U. Though we shouldn't give up hope on it so easily since it is possible to throw a system out of a slump if the company is willing to throw a good amount of effort into it. All in all I think everyone should calm the eff down about the whole release date issue and just move on.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Those practices can destroy a game really bad(ex. Sonic 06)
No, sir. No amount of delays could have saved Sonic 06. When you have a dev team that thought these were good ideas...

...Then your game is screwed from the start.

Better example: KotOR 2

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of the release date, the game's gonna take as long as it's gonna take. Tacking a date on just puts extra pressure on the development team and holds them to a promise they may not be able to keep, so I say let them set a date whenever they want.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
No, sir. No amount of delays could have saved Sonic 06. When you have a dev team that thought these were good ideas...

...Then your game is screwed from the start.

Better example: KotOR 2

I probably should have stated that. The game could have been at least decent if they didn't program 50 different things people didn't want. Clement's review of 06 states it better than me though.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Regardless of the release date, the game's gonna take as long as it's gonna take. Tacking a date on just puts extra pressure on the development team and holds them to a promise they may not be able to keep, so I say let them set a date whenever they want.
still be nice to know when it's avalable

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
still be nice to know when it's avalable
I saw some release dates that seem quite doubtful without a reliable source. Apparently, someone is claiming that Super Smash Bros. U will be released on 8/27/2014 for Japan, and 8/31/2014 for North America, but the Smash Bros. website does not even approve those dates.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Maybe I'm reading this thread wrong but it seems like its full of some impatient people with some of their reasoning.

I'll just throw my two bits in:

I am also pretty impatient with lack of release date or no real estimate. However I know the game will be a great game since they're taking their time on it and not rushing it out. Those practices can destroy a game really bad(ex. Sonic 06). I know that the Wii U seems like its in a tough spot due to a terrible first year,and things just not working in Nintendo's favor looks at Rayman Legends so it can get some people worried that Smash 4 isn't coming out fast enough so it can save the Wii U. Though we shouldn't give up hope on it so easily since it is possible to throw a system out of a slump if the company is willing to throw a good amount of effort into it. All in all I think everyone should calm the eff down about the whole release date issue and just move on.

The Wii U shouldn't have came out when it did then. It should have come out this year with a few buffs to the hardware and come out with strong launch titles. I go to gamestop and look at the Wii U wall and there isn't a single f'ing game worth buying I don't already have. I have super mario bros Wii and super mario bros Wii U 3d, pikmin 3, and windwaker HD. How many more mario games can I play before I hate mario on the Wii U? Do we even know if the new Mario party is coming out on the Wii U? Zombie U looks cool but other than that wtf am I supposed to play on this thing?!

If it was up to you guys SB4 wouldn't be out until the console is 2 1/2 years old. That's dumb! That's such a dumb business move. No mario kart, no mario party, no smash brothers; we got mario bros 3d which takes about 5 hours of play time to blast through. Woo hoo lets throw a celebration, bang the town bells and have the guards blow the horns! Hopefully I can play watchdogs on the Wii U pretty soon and I'll be inspired to wipe the dust down off of it.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
The Wii U shouldn't have came out when it did then. It should have come out this year with a few buffs to the hardware and come out with strong launch titles. I go to gamestop and look at the Wii U wall and there isn't a single f'ing game worth buying I don't already have. I have super mario bros Wii and super mario bros Wii U 3d, pikmin 3, and windwaker HD. How many more mario games can I play before I hate mario on the Wii U? Do we even know if the new Mario party is coming out on the Wii U? Zombie U looks cool but other than that wtf am I supposed to play on this thing?!

If it was up to you guys SB4 wouldn't be out until the console is 2 1/2 years old. That's dumb! That's such a dumb business move. No mario kart, no mario party, no smash brothers; we got mario bros 3d which takes about 5 hours of play time to blast through. Woo hoo lets throw a celebration, bang the town bells and have the guards blow the horns! Hopefully I can play watchdogs on the Wii U pretty soon and I'll be inspired to wipe the dust down off of it.
I think you pretty much nailed it, aside from the Wii U release date. If the Wii U tried to release this year with only Pikmin, SM3DW, and WWHD, they would have even less sales then they do now. It was a smart move to sell the year prior to Xbox and PS, but it was a dumb move not to have any good games to go with it. I'm getting fairly tired of Mario as well... I am looking forward to Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Zelda U, Sm4sh, and now Hyrule Warriors. But I want some games like Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest to make its debut on the Wii U.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042

Annnd you just proved my point. Thanks for that.

XenoUltra

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nin10doUltra
Switch FC
6286-4808-6298
I think it might come out 2014 Summer or Fall. They have Namco to help them get it done. They said that in a Nintendo Direct. The reason why brawl was delayed so many times was because of Subspace. And a Subspace like story won't be in Smash 4 (I think it will be like Adventure mode from Melee). With both of those said it won't be long when we play Smash 4 WiiU/3DS.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
am I reading that wrong, it seems like by the context of that sentence it might release in dec since why have a resolution to finish in 2014 if it clear that you will :(

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
am I reading that wrong, it seems like by the context of that sentence it might release in dec since why have a resolution to finish in 2014 if it clear that you will :(
You're probably reading to deep into that.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One thing that occurred to me that unless we see a simultaneous release between all the regions, the West might get the game later than Japan. Brawl was released in America a month and a few days after the japan release. If its a Q4 release date in Japan (let's say late November) we might not see the game until early 2015. That's kind of a hype killer. And who knows how long it'll take to get it State side. It could be less than Brawl's or even longer. I don't think it'll come to that but it's something worth considering.

Let's hope for a world wide release.

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
World "wife" release?

Um, do all of us have wives?

That being said, I don't see anything that suggests this being pushed back to 2015. Sakurai's grim determination sounds like to me he wants it out earlier so he can finally vacation.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One thing that occurred to me that unless we see a simultaneous release between all the regions, the West might get the game later than Japan. Brawl was released in America a month and a few days after the japan release. If its a Q4 release date in Japan (let's say late November) we might not see the game until early 2015. That's kind of a hype killer. And who knows how long it'll take to get it State side. It could be less than Brawl's or even longer. I don't think it'll come to that but it's something worth considering.

Let's hope for a world wide release.
Considering what happened with Tropical Freeze, we will have to face the hard reality that the games may not be released by the time 2014 comes to a close. There's a reason why the inputted release year is merely an estimate.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
there really is no reason this should be a 2015 release, from what I see in the pic of day it looks far in dev to me

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Considering what happened with Tropical Freeze, we will have to face the hard reality that the games may not be released by the time 2014 comes to a close. There's a reason why the inputted release year is merely an estimate.
Face reality? On the Internet? How did you become a moderator again? =P

there really is no reason this should be a 2015 release, from what I see in the pic of day it looks far in dev to me
Yeah well I see no reason why kittens should be more adorable then human babies, but here we are.

Last edited by a moderator:

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
maybe we get lucky and get a season estimation in jan direct

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well probably already said but

Did you read sakurai final 2013 interview on smash bros

Not exacly like this but he put his hand on the bible and said smash bros wii u/3ds will be release 2014

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
That is very true, but take a look at this :link: (Kotaku)

Here's the quote:
"Masahiro Sakurai –
Key phrase: Completion
Resolution: I resolve to complete development on Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U and release it in 2014."

So while it is definitely feasible that a delay in release could happen, you've got Sakurai making Smash Bros release in 2014 as his new year's resolution. Here's to hoping he doesn't disappoint!

Top Bottom