• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Men Use Items!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Post another 4chan picture Shato, and I'll f***ing report you a**. And Ban Heim, that picture is a insult at a member known as "Dylan Tnga", made by a pathetic 4chan, like Shato probably is.

And that Nate guy is the guy who updates the English version of the Dojo probably (American english...he might do every langaugae! XD). He's said some anti-competitive things as jokes, but he is obviously sarcastic. And if I were him, I wouldn't talk, since he pretty much sucks. If a level 3 bot can KO him once in 2 minutes at Brawl, I could beat him at Brawl with any character, and I haven't even played Brawl, EVER! :laugh:
Are you kidding me? You couldn't see the sarcasm in my post...?

zomg

Smash Rookie
Nintendo is super ghey, I mean their online policy is a joke, a ****ty joke! And their logic is...

Everyone has to be the same at games, no one can be good, no one can be bad, let's make the game easier, lower the learning curve, eliminate advanced techniques. God, I'm beating up newbs online just because of this kinda ****. (it's late, sorry if tommarow I regret this)
lol cry sum moar

But really, I think its just Nintendo's goal to completely avoid the elitist player stereotype. A lot of online games on DS use a ranking system(where it matches you against the same players of the same rank), and though to my memory such a feature has not been anounced for Brawl, it should be no different here. Online games should be evenly matched, facing an opponent that is too easy is boring, and facing someone that is clearly worlds better than you can be frustrating.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
And that Nate guy is the guy who updates the English version of the Dojo probably (American english...he might do every langaugae! XD). He's said some anti-competitive things as jokes, but he is obviously sarcastic. And if I were him, I wouldn't talk, since he pretty much sucks. If a level 3 bot can KO him once in 2 minutes at Brawl, I could beat him at Brawl with any character, and I haven't even played Brawl, EVER! :laugh:
QFT QFT QFT

Spellman

Smash Ace
Haha, really no need to turn this into another serious debate, this is all in good fun. Don't take it seriously, serious people.

Somasu

Smash Ace
This thread makes me laugh at idiocy =P

To those that REALLY think the statement "Real Men Use Items" is NOT sarcasm clearly haven't heard the phrase "Real Men Wear Pink".

I guess if THIS one isn't sarcasm, then "Real Men Wear Pink" is just as real.

=P Better get your pink on, guys.. otherwise we might have to start calling ourselves women.

...Maybe THAT'S why there's a Peach avatar.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
facing someone that is clearly worlds better than you can be frustrating.
And that's why we push ourselves and improve, becoming better at something we love to do. It's a beautiful thing if you think about it.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Nintendo is a game company. Their mission is to bring gaming to the masses. This ABSOLUTELY doesn't mean they don't want the hardcore gamer. Have you played Galaxy? It's archetypal Nintendo: easy to pick up, but pros (using the term loosely... it IS mario) can find depth there.

While some of Melee's depth was accidental, the mindgames (which no one seems to understand are the underpinning of the whole competitive community) are there. They will be there in Brawl.

Give it a rest. The community is doing this to itself, though immensely helped by the dojo in this regard.

Just wait, we will find all sorts of new exploits.

Wipo

Smash Rookie
Wow, Nintendo is a game company. Their mission is to bring gaming to the masses. This ABSOLUTELY doesn't mean they don't want the hardcore gamer. Have you played Galaxy? It's archetypal Nintendo: easy to pick up, but pros (using the term loosely... it IS mario) can find depth there.

While some of Melee's depth was accidental, the mindgames (which no one seems to understand are the underpinning of the whole competitive community) are there. They will be there in Brawl.

Give it a rest. The community is doing this to itself, though immensely helped by the dojo in this regard.

Just wait, we will find all sorts of new exploits.
lol mindgames

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Dumb party game."

That is what Smash Brothers IS; are you daft?
4chan, gtfo. I'm reporting your *** now.

Are you kidding me? You couldn't see the sarcasm in my post...?
My bad! XD

lol cry sum moar

But really, I think its just Nintendo's goal to completely avoid the elitist player stereotype. A lot of online games on DS use a ranking system(where it matches you against the same players of the same rank), and though to my memory such a feature has not been anounced for Brawl, it should be no different here. Online games should be evenly matched, facing an opponent that is too easy is boring, and facing someone that is clearly worlds better than you can be frustrating.
Ya right. We made Nintendo, and non-gamers who play the Wii will quickly dump it for another alternative. Simply put, they rely on us, and hardcore games keep us going, and happy. So get your 4chan *** off the internet.

@ Baeseth
He's obviously a 4chan, dude. Only a deaf person couldn't see that!

(that was a joke!)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
you guys got it all mixed up, he wasnt being sarcastic.

it as a double reference.
he was refereing to the "real men use peach" thing and the fact that tourney players dont use items.*hint**hint*
<.<
>.>

Baeseth

Smash Rookie
He's threatening to report him because by repeatedly posting 4chan images chances are he's apart of 4chan himself. 4chaners aren't welcome here.
Someone BEING from a website you don't like isn't a valid complaint either.

Also it's spelled "4channers."

Spellman

Smash Ace
Sometimes it REALLY seems like Nintendo staff is watching our forums just to do stuff like this to us. :p

bigman40

Smash Master
Loooooooooooooool. This thread is hilarious!
Although, I gotta say, you people who take everything seriously need to chill out. Causing a debate just because you get angry at what someone said is rediculous and ********. You only show how much self-esteem you have, and you show your ignorance too. Learn to lighten up. Life isn't meant to take everything so seriously.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I can't believe this is even turning ugly... this place is starting to get a wee bit ridculious...

Tony_

Smash Ace
and I'll reiterate this for you all again, items might not have the option to be turned off period. Why? The online and multiplayer modes maybe intertwined.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
LMAO, best updates ever. Because of that quote..

I love how he took a little stab at the tournament community. XD

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
He's threatening to report him because by repeatedly posting 4chan images chances are he's apart of 4chan himself. 4chaners aren't welcome here.
I'm a 4channer. Am I not welcome here? Someone should have told me! WTF SMASHBOARDS. WTF.

SKRAIII

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!

A. The update doesn't mean anything.

B. Stop insulting Nate... Nate isn't ****ing real.

C. Go to bed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SmashDash is gonna have a fun time this week.
Hopefully.

And that's why we push ourselves and improve, becoming better at something we love to do. It's a beautiful thing if you think about it.
Ya, we're killing the game. OMFG! WAVEDASHING! Who needs f***ing wavedashing. We got dashdancing, wavelanding, l-cancelling, tumbling, chain grabbing, and DI that basically makes you fly.

THANK YOU! XD

Someone BEING from a website you don't like isn't a valid complaint either.

Also it's spelled "4channers."
Umm, ya, it is. This is the smash f***ing boards, where members rant, mods ban the 4chans, trolls, and scrubs, and admins do whatever the f*** they want. And that's the way it should be.

Sometimes it REALLY seems like Nintendo staff is watching our forums just to do stuff like this to us. :p
They obviously are smarter then these retarted 4chans.

O, and what error_alt_delete...is pure, solid truth! XD

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
4chan, gtfo. I'm reporting your *** now.

My bad! XD

Ya right. We made Nintendo, and non-gamers who play the Wii will quickly dump it for another alternative. Simply put, they rely on us, and hardcore games keep us going, and happy. So get your 4chan *** off the internet.

@ Baeseth
He's obviously a 4chan, dude. Only a deaf person couldn't see that!

(that was a joke!)
People like you are the reason tournament players have a horrible reputation as elitist pricks with no respect for anything outside of their tiny little circle.

Shakezoola

Smash Cadet
Simply put, they rely on us, and hardcore games keep us going, and happy. So get your 4chan *** off the internet.
No, this is true

which is why they can continue rehashing games and still keep going

idiots like you still buy them

Baeseth

Smash Rookie
When said site is one where they frequently spam other sites (including this one), then its a valid complaint. And I don't care for grammar Nazi's either.
Alright... So because black people in the ghetto frequently join gangs and steal things, we should lock up all black people from the ghetto?

There's a reason it's unconstitutional to pass laws that make a status illegal.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
and I'll reiterate this for you all again, items might not have the option to be turned off period. Why? The online and multiplayer modes maybe intertwined.
Do you seriously think that's likely? Come on now...use some common sense here. Why the hell would they take out the item switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom