• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Men Use Items!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
@RABicle: Well, at least we have proper grammar. That's a plus.

What I'd really like to know is what Tobi- thinks ROFL stands for. I always got the impression that he wasn't the smartest guy around, but I can't come up with any kind of curse for the acronym at all.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Casual vs. Competitive Players Thread Version 4.0!

As in all CvC threads use of good logic will warrant flames, but redundant use of bad logic is highly encouraged. Lets have a nice, unproductive discussion as usual.

Baeseth

Smash Rookie
Really? Wow, what an idiot. -_-;

As stated earlier in this thread, that is accompanied by a Peach avatar. It was a joke, he was being sarcastic.
Yet Nate is quite clearly a man's name. So it wasn't a joke, and he wasn't being sarcastic.

OATH

Smash Apprentice
well >.> i saw an item switch in one of the updates so...why is this a big deal

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Another official endorsement for the correct way to play.
Nate is obviously a n00b...well, if he leaves the super spicy curry on, he's a n00b. Real men use the bumper, however. That item is serious business! XD

Seriously, Ken's famous quote probably applies to him, since he mains Peach. Luckily, I only thirdary Peach for mindgamez! :grin:

Oh look, Sakurai is online!
I find it funny that the player is Peach. "Real men" and it's Peach...I think he's being sarcastic.

XD
I'm the only Peach player who should be allowed to post that. *points at Ken's famous Peach quote* Ya, I'm one of the few exceptions. :p

SKRAIIIII!!!!!!!!!l
LULz. I want to add him to my friend's list! :laugh:

Teach him a lesson in the "how to anger a Ness fan" class! :chuckle: Maybe then he'll recosider after I 5-stock him as my SSB64 main Mario, or my Melee main, Fox! :grin:

Also, I found out why the Ice Climber returned. Turns out, Sakurai (or SKRAI) is a Ice Climbers main, or loves the game 'Ice Climber'. *points at SKRAI's avatar*

Another s*** update.

Tell us how to plug the Wii into the TV in next, and how to turn on the TV next SKRAI, PLEASSSSSSEEEE!!!!! :chuckle: Thanks for more crap we already knew+like how to make a game. :grin:

Edit: N00bs (or scrubs), it was a joke by Sakurai. Get over your f***ing selves. Sakurai doesn't give a s*** if we play with or without items, morons.

Shato

Banned via Administration
Keep assuring yourselves with 'it's just sarcasm'. As said, whatever helps you sleep at night.

MRun

Smash Cadet
Note the name next to the quote. It's Nate. It's this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEF_pp022PQ

He had trouble chasing down a low-level Sonic and was actually KOd by one. Plus, he has the least manly "Derp!" I've ever heard.

The message next to Skrai clearly says "BRAWL FOR ALL!" in allcaps, which clearly means that Sakurai wants us to play however we want to play, items off or on.

Baeseth

Smash Rookie
Told you that they are trying to eliminate competitive play, make the game easier and lower the learning curve. they just want some dumb party game.
How DARE they want the game to be played in the way that they designed it for. The audacity! Who do they think they are, the develo-

Oh wait.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Fresh from the internets
Nintendo is super ghey, I mean their online policy is a joke, a ****ty joke! And their logic is...

Everyone has to be the same at games, no one can be good, no one can be bad, let's make the game easier, lower the learning curve, eliminate advanced techniques. God, I'm beating up newbs online just because of this kinda ****. (it's late, sorry if tommarow I regret this)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Welcome to the Casual vs. Competitive Players Thread Version 4.0!

As in all CvC threads use of good logic will warrant flames, but redundant use of bad logic is highly encouraged. Lets have a nice, unproductive discussion as usual.
Dear lord no... the morale can't take another blow like that XD

This is jsut pretty random, I found it a little amusing just because it seems to point that they're more aware of the competitive scene and chose to poke at the item issue for the plain heck of it.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Keep assuring yourselves with 'it's just sarcasm'. As said, whatever helps you sleep at night.
Yes, it bothers me so much that Nate is a noob. Do you even know who Nate is?

Note the name next to the quote. It's Nate. It's this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEF_pp022PQ

He had trouble chasing down a low-level Sonic and was actually KOd by one. Plus, he has the least manly "Derp!" I've ever heard.
Exactly. Thanks for posting that.

How DARE they want the game to be played in the way that they designed it for. The audacity! Who do they think they are, the develo-

Oh wait.
Yes, how dare we use a feature they put into the game. (Item switch...)

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Told you that they are trying to eliminate competitive play, make the game easier and lower the learning curve. they just want some dumb party game.
I completely agree with you. I'm already angry about the stages being almost unplayable. Multiplayer focous seems to have been on new items. Wavedashing is gone. I hope Brawl is as deep as melee.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

Oh wait.
You know there is this handy feature that has alwyas been incorported called item switch. And it's got this awesome feature that developers made, and therefor intended to be used, to if you wanted to, turn OFF the times. And as mentioned before, Sakurai says Brawl for ALL!. Not just people who bash the other community. Your almost as bad as the elitist members of the tourney comunity. Almost. But you are certainly one of the worst casual members.

Blargh.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Fresh from the internets
Spelling of "Tourn[e]y", then calling someone else a ****er.

...for further explanation of joke, see "ironic".

not to mention... nintendo are plural?

btw, extensive a-hole-ism by poster allows for extensive grammar-spelling nazi-ism.

Baeseth

Smash Rookie
They should let people play the game however they want instead of lying and acting like competitive play doesn't exist.
Ever heard the phrase "maybe if I wish really hard, it'll go away"?

Yeah, it's kinda like that.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
This is gonna be a good read in the morning, or later in the afternoon. I'm guessing we'll be at 15 pages, and I'm just calling it, because it's always the same. The competitive bashers always have TERRIBLE logic, and when we counter their arguments they don't respond. I'll present my points in maybe 15 or so hours. Good night guys!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Duh. It's Goku. Everyone knows Goku doesn't like items.
Post another 4chan picture Shato, and I'll f***ing report you a**. And Ban Heim, that picture is a insult at a member known as "Dylan Tnga", made by a pathetic 4chan, like Shato probably is.

And that Nate guy is the guy who updates the English version of the Dojo probably (American english...he might do every langaugae! XD). He's said some anti-competitive things as jokes, but he is obviously sarcastic. And if I were him, I wouldn't talk, since he pretty much sucks. If a level 3 bot can KO him once in 2 minutes at Brawl, I could beat him at Brawl with any character, and I haven't even played Brawl, EVER! :laugh:

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I completely agree with you. I'm already angry about the stages being almost unplayable. Multiplayer focous seems to have been on new items. Wavedashing is gone. I hope Brawl is as deep as melee.
We all know that's not going to happen. Melee depth was an accident. Brawl won't be so lucky.

Shato

Banned via Administration
"Dumb party game."

That is what Smash Brothers IS; are you daft?

Tony_

Smash Ace
You know there is this handy feature that has alwyas been incorported called item switch. And it's got this awesome feature that developers made, and therefor intended to be used, to if you wanted to, turn OFF the times. And as mentioned before, Sakurai says Brawl for ALL!. Not just people who bash the other community. Your almost as bad as the elitist members of the tourney comunity. Almost. But you are certainly one of the worst casual members.

Blargh.
Except this update basically said items probably can't be turned off during online play. For all we know items can't be turned off period, because the online and multiplayer modes maybe intertwined.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
This is gonna be a good read in the morning, or later in the afternoon. I'm guessing we'll be at 15 pages, and I'm just calling it, because it's always the same. The competitive bashers always have TERRIBLE logic, and when we counter their arguments they don't respond. I'll present my points in maybe 15 or so hours. Good night guys!
Have a great niiight :)

I won't even go back to read this... >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom