• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read this as it's important info about hacks in basic brawl on "With Anyone" wi-fi

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
Ok a lot of people think that if one person has hacks on then everyone will experiance the effects.
THS IS NOT TRUE
I myself have been on the opposite side of the hacker when i had no hacks on and they just did random crap killed themselves and on their wii they won, on mine I won.
So if someone goes online as Giga-Bowser everyone else will see who they picked at the character select screen.
The only hack that EVERYONE will experiance the effects of are stage hacks.
As in playing in target test.EVERYONE will be on target test so they fight as if its a normal stage[well i guess the people will be a bit WTF but the game wont]
Ok just incase in the future they make the hacks viewable by all[everyone sees player 1 as Giga-Bowser] dont say that im lieing because as of August 10th this is not possible.
Thank you for having the time to read this
EDIT:aprently there are codes to make these work but are not released to the public yet

bobson

Smash Lord
There are separate codes to allow things like playing as Giga Bowser/Wario Man online which bypass the regular defects already. They haven't been released to the general public yet, thank God, but they probably will be eventually.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So we can't play as Giga Bowser/Wario Man/SSE Colored characters even on friend matches?

I feel like an idiot for asking you so many questions, danielgordon.

bobson

Smash Lord
So we can't play as Giga Bowser/Wario Man/SSE Colored characters even on friend matches?

I feel like an idiot for asking you so many questions, danielgordon.
I'm pretty sure if both parties have the exact same codes enabled they'll be able to play with them over friend matches without desyncs, but I haven't tried it yet, so I wouldn't know.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure if both parties have the exact same codes enabled they'll be able to play with them over friend matches without desyncs, but I haven't tried it yet, so I wouldn't know.
the man speaks the truth
i havnt tried it either but i guess it would work

Ytterbium

Smash Rookie
If they have codes activated for more than just P1, it will work.
That's why I use infinite jumps for all, I just want a jump party.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
is it possible to hack 'with friends' matches?

I swear I just had a game, three stock each. I died twice and lost? Is it possible to hack the amount of stock you have?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*imagines playing Giga-Bowser online*
Heh heh heeehhhh

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
As long as it doesn't screw up my Wii or game, I wouldn't mind seeing or playing a hacked or fighting on a Target Smash Stage or Practice Stage.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Yeah a friend of mines used hacks on wifi and we compared screenshots after. His display showed he had won, and mines showed he was walking into a wall.

Top Bottom