• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Read**The beginning of tourneys/smashfests hosted by BlackPanther, **READ**

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
So where I live, theres a party room and apparently I can host tourneys and smash fests there! The room is actually a decent size room I'm, guessin around the neighborhood of around 75 people maybe(Actually I'll post pictures when I get back home).

And in celebration of this information me and some kids decided to start one this Friday or Saturday depending on what people are more comfortable with. But either way there's gonna be one by the end of this week. So tell me which day you prefer by TODAY OR TOMORROW MORNING so I can reschedule the use of the room with the ladies that are in charge of the party room if need be.

- The places is 123 SW Jefferson AV Peoria, Illinois 61602(They are two towers that are identical in every way possible). There is a place for parking at the very end of Fulton

-Please bring a setup if you can, I only have one set up so you're gonna have to bring your own if you don't want to alternate lol. So if you do bring a setup you'll have to drop it by the front lobby first if you don't want to carry it all the way from the parking lot.

-There are a few places downtown to eat, I think jimmy johns is the only places that stays open late though all other places close kinda early.

-Imma be blunt about this but make sure you're wearing ****ing deodorant. For one you don't want me upset plus you don't want to upset people around you. So be respectful of others around you and yourself and come smelling fresh.

-Oh yeah I told the ladies 12 p.m. - 12 a.m. But after it gets dark I don't think it should matter to much since they won't be there I think.

Ok so I know this is kinda short noticed and this may even sit on a day that a tourney is gonna happen but I don't care, this is a first time offense and there are no penalties for that. Either show up or not but I would like to know if people are interested. This will be a hella lot more organized the next time I decided to throw a smash fest or tourney but just know that I will do this **** in the future. So read the post let me know if you're interested, and let me know if Friday or Saturday is better by TODAY OR TOMORROW MORNING and when I do finalize a date, hope to see you there xD.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
bump (in Peoria, nice)

Haha sounds tight, i really don't care on which day its on. i'd rather it friday, anyways. I won't stay long regardless of which day. A C Ts.....

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
sooo yeah gotta be friday.. lol why didn't we do this when i lived there haha.. i will be super duper upset if it's on sat

but yo i gotta bbq and mad other stuff to go to on friday sso what time is this thing gonna be at?

and pshh acts lol... man i just graduated from champaign and noone looks at the act especially nowadays... maybe sats if you go ivyleague/mit/berkeley... plus i know hella dumb people that got in with **** acts... in fact i know someone that got a perfect 1600 sat and flunked outta school..

but i digress do watchu gotta do..

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'm down for either day, although Friday sounds better...might go after school to go watch Dragonball: Evolution for the lulz though, but after that, I'm down for some Smashin' for a long time!

If it's Saturday, I'm pretty sure I'm available after noon...matters if I go to the meet or not, I'm not running in it, anyways >_>

Btw, I can bring a TV + Cube & Melee if need be, probably will anyways.

Dart

Smash Lord
ok sweeeet ^.^ im excited!
ill bring a cube and tv if needed too *ill bring a 360 with SF4 if you guys want to play.*

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
friday 4 pm. yea i'm most likely going, is if it okay if i bring 2 friends with me?

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Of course bring friends =P. Hopefully more people show up though. Either way it's my first one the next time will be scheduled way in advance so I don't schedule on a tourney day and people have time to prep for it lol.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm interested, but cannot go. I'm attending POE2 this weekend.
I'll try to make it to the next one!

Dart

Smash Lord
maaaaaan :/hey ive got about 3-4 more people who don't come on the boards likely to come with me ^.^

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you guys better come to our springfield smashfests, because you already know we'll deliver on these.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
you guys better come to our springfield smashfests, because you already know we'll deliver on these.
Yeah as long as I can hitch a ride with Josh or Dave then I'll be good to go. Don't forget to bring setups meaning, bring a tv, gamecube, SSBM, and an extension cord if possible, everybody playing on one tv is not gonna be cool.

Dart

Smash Lord
i got my setup covered *tv cube melee* Bring a memory card with ALL The characters and stages! We don't wanna have to unlock mew2 and MR GandW for you.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i'm only bringing one person haha, the other 2 got plans. I'll bring a 12*6 Widescreen LCD TV (what?), and i'll try to talk to my friend into bringing the wii and smash (memory card of course). recording stuff too if u guys want.

Dart

Smash Lord
But you need ALL the characters to get ALL the stages Gooey come on now...But to Anthony: LCD's are def not a good choice, they lag like no other even with 1/2 screen and progressive scan mode on. CRT's deliver

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah lol, people at SMYM9 were refusing to play matches on LCDs when I'd ask them, seeing as they were more readily available throughout the day than CRTs.

No input lag = 1337...

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
eh, i'm gonna bring it anyways, for those just in case moments, i've played melee on it before, and i didn't notice the lag. but yea, that was liek 2 years ago. easy johns haha

Dart

Smash Lord
so ur bringing sean i assume right anthony? if so cool dave and i need some doubles practice with a good team.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea its sean, haha alright, bring it! We've never really actually played in teams before. haha it'll be a new thing. btw, i don't think i'm just maining ICs anymore. Going Falco, Falcon, ICs, Marth (in no order, and Marth not so much), cuz ICs can get boring after a while and all it is is spam grab, Dsmash, and wavedash.

Can't wait till tommorow anyways. Smash, ACTs, and SPring BreAk. YESZ

studly

Smash Ace
ill be there around 5:30-6 depending on when i get off work and ill have legion with me.. sadly were both newish to melee so dont really have much game yet... lol but hopefully you guys can show us some stuff

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
about that, i'm going to springfield on Sunday. haha

haha, BP, Dart, Gooey ggs, and nice meeting you BP. Man i wanted to play u guys, legion and studly, err yea, i wanted to stay longer, but we had to get some studying in for the ACTs and good sleep and eat, (i had like 2 hours of sleep today, i was totally out of it all day haha)

btw. u gonna have more smashfests during the springbreak?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I know i'm bumping a thread made like a month ago, but there gonna be anymore during the summer?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'd like to come to one/the rest of these. Now that I got a job I should actually have $ to do so!

Top Bottom