• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

READ: Let's...err actually use the DATA INDEX!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
When Almas became amazing and debugged his new codes, we added in Data Index.

Data Index controls individual character physics like the old grav/jump code did. However, we stuck it in, but left the old gravity engine and data set in (so Data Index was never actually used, it was just filler data at that point). Basically we left a bigass code to take up space even though its amazing when everything Almas revamped falls into place.

Data Index Format:
Code:
06580000 BYTECOUN
ABCDEFGH NNNNNNNN
00000000 00000000 
ZYXWVUTS MMMMMMMM 
00000000 00000000
For each character in order, with ABCDEFGH being the positions of the fractions defined by the Velocity Modifiers code, and NNNNNNNN being a 32-bit value for momentum (75% is 0.75).
The current Data Index in there basically has the most current physic changes in there (Since August 7th, 2009!) so only physic changes I know of that were modified before then are: Marth, Falco is in the works I hear, and Tool Link.

To port or modify physics, just drag all the numbers from the old engine barring Character ID (Data Index simply reads data in order of characters), and the filler value 0.

So Sonic under old physics looks like this:

2F34ED40

Take out the ID and filler and you get: 34ED4

34ED44A0 3FE00000

the 4 and A values afterward are at default for everyone. I'll need Almas to respond to my question as to what those control.

So... (all of this has already been constructed and B+ ready by Almas here, and we already have the Data Index and Character ID fix 2.1 in):

- Get rid of the old Grav Values Modifier and Jump/Grav Values, replace with "Gravity Modification Engine," new "Launch Modifier Engine," "16 floats," and "Velocity Modifiers Format".

- Get rid of "Momentum Capture V4.3" and "Momentum Capture Data", replace with Almas's "Momentum Capture" and "Momentum Exemption List"

- NOT YET WORKING AT TIME OF POST: Add "Custom Gravity Modifiers," which will now allow us to individually modify specific gravity of actions (this used to be written into the Gravity Code itself IIRC, hence why I couldn't find any trace of it in the codeset or on Magus' revision thread).

Why this is important:

- More options to use in editing characters (should they be needed).
- Slightly more efficient due to many of the codes citing data in Data Index instead of needing to redundantly have their own entries to read.
- Don't downplay Almas's work. =V

Almas

Smash Lord
Velocity Modifiers Format [Plusery]
06580500 0000001C
00000004 2F200000
2F140001 2F5C0002
2F400003 2EF00005
2F000006 00000000

Errrrrrrmmm

2EF0 is friction... So everyone's friction is set to 4 - 1.0
2F00 is dash speed... So everyone's dash speed is set to A - 1.15

I spent a while musing and I know how to load alternate .pac files. Like, to make a useful clone engine.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Almas will your musing ever fix Custom Gravity codes?

Or are you in your lazy mode and then go into Raep Mode like last time to get **** made? o_o

Top Bottom