• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read Before You Post New Threads!!! (And some useful links)

quak

Smash Champion
Want to post a new thread? Follow these steps to make sure you don't look like an idiot!

1) What to NOT post about

Disable

YES, disabling someone twice in a row will knock them back a fair distance, no it cannot be abused. As airo recently pointed out, the knockback was only put in so there wasn't a ridiculously easy infinate.

NO, disabling a recovering space animal will NOT be effective for a kill against a competant opponant, even one that isn't used to playing mewtwo.​

Nair

YES, you can edgegaurd with the nair.

YES, you can can get a stage spike with the nair on a non teching foe.

NO, you cannot drag an opponent to their death and use mewtwo's great recovery to come back, the nair will disconnect before you can drag them too far.

NO, although the nair's final knockback can be influenced by DI'ing left or right, you CANNOT directly spike someone with the nair, your opponent must have 'teh_suxxorz' DI​

Confusion

NO, this attack DIVERTS projectiles, it does not reflect them.

NO, this is not a good move to use for recovery

YES, you can use this move in combat but it can be easily countered if used on experianced players.​

Mewtwo's Down-Throw

NO, it is not a chain grab on ANY charactor

NO, d-throw --> d-tilt is not a chain on a DI'ing opponent

YES, this move is great for tech-chasing on many opponents​

Mewtwo's Forward-Throw

YES, it can do 20+ damage when used up against a wall, but it can be escaped by wall tech jumping​

"Mewtwo shouldn't be the worst character in the game."

YES, he should, deal with it​

Firing a Fully charged Shadowball in mid-air

YES, it sends mewtwo backwards and it's really cool/mindgamesy/useful for recovery. And YES, it's been made!​

2) Significant Threads That Have Already Been Made

Moonwalkin' Mewtwo

*= especially informative threads

I'll add more as i see em, or if there are some suggestions.​

3) LOOK AT THE STICKIES!

Many threads are created that have already been answered by the stickies..... yup.​

4) SEARCH

If you're thread is still valid, feel free to post, and i look forward to reading it.

However, if it's not, i will blatently flame you in the thread, and i will 'blacklist' you here, just cause im a HUGE *******.

The Mewtwo Forums Blacklist

--------------------------------------------------------------

red stone
"mewtwo is great. why is he like bottom tier?"

akshay07
"how do you unlock mewtwo?"

goateeguy
"mewtwo's tier position"

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
F throw against wall can also be escaped by simple DI, I think.

You should just put a thing about Chainthrowing; Mewtwo's throws are basically far too powerful to easily chain throw anyone past 20%.

I think... adding Airo's Disable thread and *maybe* my disable guide thing might do the trick ;D

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I think Taj is the best Mewtwo main evar. Don't believe me? Tough super ultra ninja cookies.

I think the "shadowball recovery" things should be covered here. aka Reverse FC SB for momentum (waste of a FC, should only be used for emergencys) , babySB for interupting opponent.

quak

Smash Champion
the black list is a little harsh.......

x.x" ahh well
two victims added to the blacklist, muhahhaa

look how they tremble in fear!

how they beg and plead in vain to be taken off the list

or.... how they don't even seem to notice, not posting or PM'ing or otherwise acknowledging at all that they've been put on

for lack of a more colorful word due to bleep-age

POOP!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord

Personally, I think (and Pichu pros think) he's even with Pichu. But that's just me.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

YES, he should, deal with it​
lol, that's false. Most experienced players agree Kirby has the spot as the worst character. It's just a shame that Kirby players tend to do better tourney wise :/ (hence the placing on the tier list).

*runs*

quak

Smash Champion
funny, we were just talking about this yesterday and it's true, kirby is the most boring mother****er in the game, but you said it urself, he usually does better in tournaments than the same skill level of a mewtwo.

but even if that wasn't true, im mainly refering to people who think he should be anywhere above low tier

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ha ha I am also proud m2 is hella low on the tier list. but When Im playin him I always say man he cant be that low lol. like hes got some cool matchups i think. lol

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
is there a glitch with mewtwo like a swd?

I was just playing with him on FD facing a lvl 9 donkey kong. I don't know if dk hit me, but i tapped R to the left to roll and i slid across the stage, from the middle to the ledge of FD.

Top Bottom