• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read Before Posting!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's ok Cheese, I undrstood your joke. ^_^

And alright DanGR! Can't wait to see them. ^_^

kupo15

Smash Hero
Two things: I just want to point out that ART and Wing dashing should be added to the list. No rush ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah, that's the biggest reason why I'm still doing it. Plus most of the Pit forum has no idea about why you're new name is Cheese. >_> That's right. It's sticking.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
FINE I'll stop calling you that. And if we must spam let's do it in kown's thread. lol

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Pit Specific Advance Techniques
[/B][/U][/SIZE]
VIDEOS

We may want to simplify this list a bit. Just looking at it we have several applications of an advance tech. listed as a different advance tech.

Just an example:
arrow looping
applications - arrow swarming, arrow chasing, arrow blitzing

The same thing could probably be done for the WoI techs.

Also what is Z canceling. I probably just don't recognize the name but I can't think of anything off-hand that it would be.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Z Canceling is a form of Wing Canceling. And yes I've gotta rename the list. It would be more complicated to explain they are variants rather then just listing them.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I know that there is a forum rule that states "You can't revive an old thread unless the creator did so" but I think we can break that rule. These AT's are important and if later on down the road, a new Pit player has questions concerning an AT, I think they should be able to post despite how long it has been.

That is why I think you should post a disclaimer in the OP saying that you are allowed to revive old threads for the techs mentioned in the OP.

Also, to make the thread even more professional looking than it already is, we can add something that no other char compendium has done i think. Add GIFS next to the tech so ppl can have a preview of the tech before wasting their time clicking all of the links. It will make things much more convenient and easier to browse. (I think jif is the correct extension)
Thoughts?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I was hoping to keep the compendium very clean and uncluttered. However, we could move for locks on all the old threads, and personally make new threads for these techniques. Meaning each thread's first post could be updated into almost a guide.

Of course those of us who made some of those threads can do that ourselves.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea, I just thought it would be cool to have 1 sec video (GIF) of the tech next to the link for the newcomer who doesn't know what a wingdash or ART is. So they know what it is before they click the link for convenience.
Does that answer your question? :confused:

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Actually I was wondering why Undr wants to restart this thing just because there's a lot of posts in here.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
No, I meant lock the old threads and post new ones. Each first post be something of a guide for that technique. Complete with video links, gifs, and an actual guide to the specific technique.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Well if you've got arrow looping down you have to shoot four arrows, loop the first three and direct the fourth at the spot you want all the arrows to go to. The trick is getting the timing of the firing right so that you maintain each arrow loop after you shoot the next arrow.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I c also. To make sure we do it right, I want you (undr) to do it first with the arrow techs to set the example for me to follow. I kinda get it but im kinda lost for some odd reason. :\

Just an example:
arrow looping
applications - arrow swarming, arrow chasing, arrow blitzing
I agree. They all share looping an arrow as common ground.

The same thing could probably be done for the WoI techs.
Also agree, here are my questions and thoughts about how it should be organized.

Why is Wing fatigue and Wing lunging considered an AT? I think they belong in a new category by itself labeled "WoI basics" along with other general knowledge about WoI like how it can cancel attacks/grabs.

Isn't Wing refresh and wing renewal the same thing? SHFairWoI seems to be an app on Wing refresh/renewal and can you substitute the Fair with any aerial if done right?

Wing shoving seems to be an app on Wing cancel also.

Why isn't Wing platform cancel on there? If it were, it should also be an app on Wing cancel.

What is wave gliding?

Why is Gliding an AT?

Why is Slide stepping an AT? It is good info but easy to do. Maybe it should go in a new section labeled "Pit quirks" or something Idk.

This is just some things I noticed ^_^

Agent Snop

Smash Ace
Well if you've got arrow looping down you have to shoot four arrows, loop the first three and direct the fourth at the spot you want all the arrows to go to. The trick is getting the timing of the firing right so that you maintain each arrow loop after you shoot the next arrow.
I not sure what is arrow looping . So can you tell me plz.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Dont lock the other thread just up date the first post that way if other people come here we wont have every1 making threads of questions or ideas about it, and can ask them in its respective thread.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I not sure what is arrow looping . So can you tell me plz.
Ooh, you definitely can't get arrow swarming without arrow looping. Arrow looping is controlling the movement of Pit's arrows with the control stick to make them loop in a circle. The timing takes some practice. Turning off tap jump helps make it easier.

Agent Snop

Smash Ace
Ooh, you definitely can't get arrow swarming without arrow looping. Arrow looping is controlling the movement of Pit's arrows with the control stick to make them loop in a circle. The timing takes some practice. Turning off tap jump helps make it easier.
OK thanks , can you show me a vid.

edit: I founded one.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
great thread. I say specific threads for each tech should be created and then you can just link them through this thread. sound good?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea, this is a good thread but needs to be cleaned up and organized. Underdog, how is the plan for closing the old threads and us making new ones coming? Just let us know what should be added to ours and we will do it.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
lol this is a much more mature board than the Link boards. We actually need a troll *cough* Aura *cough* but there are too many noobs on the Link boards. And wow this is a great list of ATs. Tis very cool.

DiosDePyro

Smash Cadet
Undr could you add the Winglanding/Divebombing thread to the original post?
I saw a reference to it in the AT thread, but had to, God forbid, search the forums for it!

It's a great technique and very useful, IMO, and all the players who come to this thread for information should have access to it.

Here's the link to the thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171808

Top Bottom