• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

READ BEFORE POSTING - *A GUIDE TO DISCUSSING MELEE* (Updated 21/3/07)

Peeze

Smash Master
It's like ThatGuy said if only there was a way that n00bs could only see the rules thread for the 1st day there here so they have to read the rules.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Glad to see it's finally helping!

I've added the three R's of posting. It's like recycling, only completely irrelevant.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
If you can, please add something about grammer and/or spelling. Half of the reason we can't understand what people are trying to say in their threads is because they don't type out all their words or they just don't read them back to themselves. We have to encourage that people learn to stop shrtning thr wrds so thy hve almst no vwls.

Mechab

Smash Rookie
Seriously. I can stand awful punctuation, but bad vocabulary is just plain annoying.
An example is the ever popular PLZ.
Its "Please", not "PLZ". Please sounds like, well, Please. PLZ sounds like Pulls.

"Can somebody help me with wavedashing, please?"
compared to
"Can somebody help me with wavedashing, PULLS?"
Sounds a whole lot better.

patches1111330

Smash Rookie
Will you please help me with ssbm? I got over 2,323 feet in home-run contest, and I didn't unlock Kirby's Dream Land stage. What should I do? Please help!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You don't unlock Kirby's Dream Land stage from hitting any amount of feet in the Homerun Contest, but you do unlock Yoshi's Island. Go to the very top of this particular page and click on that link I posted called "Melee Master Guide" and you'll find information on all you need to know there. There is also an Official Everything Guide in this room that contains links with helpful information.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
I like how f***ing inactive I've been at this forum lately. <_<

Great, finally someone had the urge to make one, thanks Joel.

(P.S., I know you stalk your own topics, so bear this; We gotta talk! xD)

goateeguy

Smash Ace
these stupid things people post on the boards are exactly what annoys us all, but it saddens me to report to you that this probably won't solve everything. kudos for trying though. =)

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I like how f***ing inactive I've been at this forum lately. <_<

Great, finally someone had the urge to make one, thanks Joel.

(P.S., I know you stalk your own topics, so bear this; We gotta talk! xD)
How'd you know that :urg:

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
These rules are kinda basic, and anyone who has been to a forum would know them. And those who have never been to a forum probably wouldn't see this for a while. It is useful though, because people have to find out somehow.

A sex appeal tier list would be nice. I don't think anyone would disagree with game&watch as number one.

Seretur

Smash Journeyman
weren't the characters 25?

XD you say they are 26 so toad would actually exist (if it was sarcasm i couldn't get it and sorry for it)

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
26 = All characters, + Zelda and Shiek. They are separate on the tier list, so we count them as two separate characters.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
For the love of God, FastFox, make a thread like this for General Brawl Discussion. PLEASE!

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing a million freaking threads each day about the most insignificant details from updates. "ZOMG! Ridlley is in da gamez cuz of da 30 sec. music!!1!"

For the love of God, FastFox... don't make me beg.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
You did a good job, some of the rules made me giggle. A fun read, even if it was just some rules haha.

Binx

Smash Master
"NAW I TINK DAT DAIZEE SHULD B AT DA TOP BCUZ SHE HAS NICE BEWBIEZ" LOLS wow good stuff man, good stuff.

There should also be a no posting who is the cheapest character threads cause we have one of those every other day, people need to accept that there are no cheap moves in the game that arent banned and the cheapest character is the sandbag.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
I'm telling you guys, Game and Watch is by far the sexiest.

Btw fastfox, your nwe avatar is quite adorable.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
If new members are NOT heeding this sticky, then I'm not giving them my good graces. Some of what's being posted is plain silly. Though I have become very jaded over the years.

Yoshi Z

Smash Rookie
Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:joyful:U CAN UNLOCK TOAD HERE IS HOW U DO IT!do classic mode then shot all the credits at the end but there is 1 at the end that was unhittable b4.now do adventure on any diffuculty without continuing. that is how u do it.NO JOKE!

Top Bottom