• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reaction thread - How did you react?

Who were you more hyped for?

• Lucas

Votes: 94 56.6%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 72 43.4%

• Total voters

AceStarThe3rd

SmashTuber
NNID
AceStarThe3rd2
Describe your reactions to Smash events!

My reaction to the Lucas Reveal:
I screamed uncontrollably for a few minutes, and now my voice hurts

Last edited:

Pusha

Smash Rookie
What i was even more excited about was the said "balancing" patch. So maybe the current tier list isn't set in stone (i mean it's obviously gonna change but maybe a patch will even it out)

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
My reaction can be encapsulated by these gifs, in order (spoiler tag for clutter):

:mewtwomelee: release soon:

Then I see :lucas::

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mewtwo:HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucas:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rikter

Smash Cadet
I was incredibly happy to see lucas come back despite never actually playing him. Hope this means Wolf can come back.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
We already knew mewtwo was coming and had plenty of time to hype him lol. When that mother 3 music started playing and then that pk fire...the feels.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
mewtwo gameplay + confirming that sakurai lied about mewtwo being the only dlc (confirmed by the costumes for the miis)

then when I saw the character slashes again

then after I hears "PK fire"

start at 0:22 to 0:49 for this video
then sees lucas + confirming that sakurai lied on mewtwo being the only one

then a little time goes by

sees the ballot for first time

then sees its for voting for anybody to join + confirming again sakurai lied on mewtwo being alone
(also likely the one with the most votes is probably going to be are 3rd dlc character.)

and finally after the smash part is over

everything else except the 200cc update boring

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I was on an irc channel (thanks leak group) and I pretty much didn;t expected to be interested much.....I was so wrong.

Mewtwo part, no surprise....

The lucas part is....

WAIT ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

Dude, I son;t even care about lucas, but the fact that dlc is really a thing was just so hard to take. I smacked my keyboards and so, spamming the channel :)

Then it got to the ballot, read the above paragraph except do it tiems 2....I freaking prerssed almost all the letters keys :) I was so happy support was back :)

Then it got into n64 games, yay!!! wait dk64 and paper mario????

dude.

ARE YOU FRRAKING SERIOUS? WHAT IS GOING ON? WHAT IS LIFE? WHAT IS EARTH? WHY THE HECK I KEEP YELLING??????

no seriously, I could so much not process that that I didn't smacked, i knocked my keyboards....I could have broke it honestly :)

Then it followed heavy breath until the end and it took a while to cool down.

But man, pm64 announced that early gives an awesome recognition to the series :)

LOVE THAT DIRECT!!!

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I don't like lucas, but I am excited that Sakurai will continue to add characters in the future, with that character poll and all. I entered Skull kid from zelda majora's maks, but now maybe I should have done Isaac from golden sun.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
It was nice to have a date for Mewtwo.

Lucas... he was my brawl main but because it is April Fools Day... im not allowing myself to get to excited.

Polimario

Smash Cadet
NNID
Polimario
3DS FC
4425-1491-7986
I was excited for finally getting to see footage of Mewtwo.

Then they showed Lucas....WOW! INCREDIBLE!

Ahem...I was excited for Lucas, since I always preferred him over Ness in Brawl.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
It was nice to have a date for Mewtwo.

Lucas... he was my brawl main but because it is April Fools Day... im not allowing myself to get to excited.
...What? Why wouldn't you believe it? There's no legitimate reason to think it's an April Fool's Day prank. Nintendo explicitly stated that the whole direct was not a joke. Everything there was serious (especially that Fire Emblem stuff - hell yeah), and they had clear footage of Lucas in the game, with a reasonable release date.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I was incredibly happy to see lucas come back despite never actually playing him. Hope this means Wolf can come back.
The millisecond after the stream had ended I went to the website and cast my vote for wolf.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
Also just out of curiosity (I'll probably get some hate for this), but why does everyone like Lucas more than ness? Pardon me for my ignorance but isn't he a clone?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Boy after all this excitment I feel like I could shoot any 3 pointer. Look at my shaq face I'm being srs.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Also just out of curiosity (I'll probably get some hate for this), but why does everyone like Lucas more than ness? Pardon me for my ignorance but isn't he a clone?
The only thing he shares in common with Ness are the specials... and up-air, kinda. Frankly I wish they'd been reworked too to further define him so people would stop going "omg clone!!!1" for ****ing once. Literally Falco is more of a Fox clone than Lucas is a ness clone.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure my sister and her husband were doin the baby makes, but I screamed so loud and so violently they hurriedly asked if I was okay because they thought someone was murdering me or I was acting suicidal lmfao.

>sees ness getting beaten up
"Oh come on now that's cruel. I know it's April Fool's and all but..."
>Ness is about to get owned by Bowser
"...."
>SCREEN BLACKENS
"NO. IT CAN'T BE."
>PK FIRE
"****ING HOLY **** NO WAY OH MY GOD NO, NO NO ARE YOU SERIOUS OMG MY BABY MY MAIN"
>Screaming and jumping continues for the rest of the direct

This reminds me, is anyone good at editing gifs? I want the clip from DBZ where SSJ Goku rises from the water when Frieza thinks he's dead, only have Gohan be Ness, Goku be Lucas, and Frieza be Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member 269706

I mean, I was pretty excited when I saw Mewtwo, but we already knew he was coming. BUT THEN WE SAW LUCAS!!! No one saw that coming! And he was one of my secondaries in Brawl, so I was overwhelmed with Hype when I saw that. I was also really excited to see that there will be a new balance patch.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I've had plenty of time to hype over Mewtwo... but then...

-Iwata says that there is more DLC content.
Me: *gasp* New characters?
-Character slash.
Me: I knew it...whoisitwhoisit?
-Trailer focuses on Ness.
Me: No...they wouldn't...
-PK FIRE!
Me: KYAAAAH OMFGOMFG MY BABYMY BABY OH MY DAYS OH THANK THE LORD HE'S BACK!
-Lucas appears out of no where.
Me: *cries tears of joy*

I've always loved Lucas, ever since the SSE, and he's so adorable, that's why he was one of my secondaries in Brawl.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo's trailer definitely was in short - epic.

It was great seeing our favourite Psychic type Smasher back in action and to see his moveset return was quite welcoming too - definitely seems more handier now.

As for Lucas, his trailer was incredibly charming. I'm very glad to see him back, and I thought it was nice how Lucas defended Ness in the trailer. It was almost a way of repaying Ness for the way he helped him in the SSE. :D

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Lucas - Just, no.
Mewtwo - I heard that if you look up the word badass, Mewtwo shows up along with the definition.

SandmanZzz

Smash Rookie
NNID
SandmanZzz
Mewtwo: okay nothing new. Hype for game play but not really anything that stood out to me
Lucas: asdfghhklllaksjf yes. Thank you Sakurai.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
The Mewtwo footage made me incredibly hyped and was the reason why I was anticipating this Direct so much. The instant when I saw the flame Smash logo intro I knew what was going to be shown and I shout "Yes! Yes!" I wished Mewtwo had some important moveset changes, but oh well, I'm fine with the Melee moveset. The reverse palette swap and Mega Mewtwo Y + Psystrike Final Smash only added even more hype. The animation when someone is hit by Psystrike is so awesome, this Final Smash may possibly be my new favourite even above Bowser Jr.'s.

For Lucas, I honestly didn't see that coming. I was neither expecting or caring about him, so my reaction was more like "Oh, Lucas is back? Okay." and I was silent during his trailer. I felt happy for his fans though.

Then the ballot was revealed and I reacted like "Oh my god it's awesome!!", and combined with the N64 VC with DK64 as one of the first games released it made me think that K. Rool's chances has skyrocketed which increased my hype even more.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Mewtwo looks ****ing pissed for being left out of Brawl. His gameplay trailer was ruthless!!

Mii costumes are cool.

Welcome back Lucas.

Ballot? Bring back Wolf. Even though a newcomer would be exciting I feel like fans could **** it up and I would rather see Wolf return.

SMT x FE looks goddamn gorgeous and if you don't agree get the hell out of my face.

New FE having two stories is cool.

200cc is literally the best thing to happen to Mario Kart, and I expect salt acquisition that will allow us to create a new Great Wall purely out of salt.

I want a female Inkling amiibo!!

And the rest was neat but that is mostly it.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
When I saw the Mewtwo trailer, I thought he looked pretty cool.

Mii costumes are cool (We get to FINALLY "play as" Dunban. :troll:)

Seeing Lucas come back was great. Welcome home Lucas.

The Smash Ballot was a big twist for me. (I voted for Wolf and Melia Antiqua btw)

SMT x FE was HYPE. (This is probably because I just love anime and all that crap. Shame my only SMT game I played was Persona 4 on the PS2 :V)

The new Fire Emblem games look really nice too. I wonder if they'll branch out the relationshipping mechanic in the game.

200cc in MK8? GOTTA GO FAST (Insert SANIC here)

Puzzle & Dragons Z & SMB Edition look interesting though. Looks like a game my Mother would play.

Mario Maker. Finally, we won't have to Emulate Super Mario World or download Lunar Magic. :V

Animal Crossing? No thank you.

Pokemon Rumble World looks alright. I might pick it up, despite me being VERY disappointed in Pokemon Rumble for Wii U.

Splatoon looks very interesting now. I'll have to get the Amiibo Bundle soon when it comes out.

The Indie titles look cute, but I'll probably pass on those. Speaking of cute: Yoshi's Woolly World looks very cute, and the Wool Amiibos look something I could cuddle up to. :3

Overall, I enjoyed this Direct. A bit disappointed that no trailers or info on Xenoblade Chronicles X was revealed, but oh well. :V

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
"Well, I didn't see that coming".

Granted, my biggest reaction was to "balance changes". Hoo haw finally getting nerfed? Praise Sakurai!

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
I was sleeping during the direct, so when I got up this morning and saw my tumblr dashboard be cluttered by my son :4lucas:, my first reaction was:

but when it turned out it wasn't a really cruel april fool's, I got on the hype train and drove it right off the ****ing rails.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
My only reaction to the character poll is... why aren't people voting for Crash Bandicoot? Much like Sonic and Mega Man, he needs the Nintendo revival after his own people stopped caring about him/doing him justice.

As much as I want Wolf back, I'd hate to waste this opportunity on a character who's already been in the series.

Regarding the videos, I'm more excited for Mewtwo! A lot of people are Lucas-loco, not sure why lol

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
My only reaction to the character poll is... why aren't people voting for Crash Bandicoot? Much like Sonic and Mega Man, he needs the Nintendo revival after his own people stopped caring about him/doing him justice.
Crash isn't very popular with the Nintendo community to begin with. There is also an issue with the IP being owned by Activision and, as it stands, I don't think Nintendo would willing to jump through hoops to get him. Though I do agree that Nintendo has the talent to revive the series, the question is: Do they really want to? Crash just doesn't have much going for him these days.

I did vote for Crash though. At one point in time he was as big as Mario & Sonic and thus he would make for a fabulous 3rd party addition alongside Mega Man, Pac-Man, & Sonic. His chances of getting in are extremely slim, but not impossible. And as a huge fan of the series I, as well as other fans, gotta support him no matter what.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Regarding the videos, I'm more excited for Mewtwo! A lot of people are Lucas-loco, not sure why lol
Sakurai claimed that Mewtwo was to be the only DLC, so to see that Lucas was returning put a "small" spring of hope of those whoms mains have been cut, or those who really wanted certain characters like King K. Rool or whatever that dragon's name from Metroid is.
Now to watch all the hate boil over for that last comment

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wasn't super duper crazy shocked like I was when Mewtwo was first revealed but I was really happy to see the trailers. I'd say I'm more interested in Mewtwo.

Lucas is nice but I wasn't desperate to have him.

I got the most hyped about the Smash Ballot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom