• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Re-Dead for Brawl!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
you showed us all pictures of re-dead and an iron knuckle. nice.
The images of Zant and Agahnim weren't able to be forum posted, so I posted the links there. If you took the time to analyze the post, you would have seen that. You would have also seen "I hope you get what I'm saying", and I guess I set my hopes too high for you figuring it out by yourself. There are more important (bigger to their respective game's story lines, easier to fit into Smash, and generally more awesome) characters in the Zelda series like Agahnim, Zant, Midna, Skull Kid, Vaati, etc. If you want to go with a generic enemy/boss, fan favorite Iron Knuckle, who have appeared in virtually everygame of the series, seems more likely than a Redead, whom only appear in OoT, MM, WW, and TP (these are the ones I know, I don't play the handhelds that much).

re-dead is a good candidate for brawl, although most people don't think he is.
Wonder why?

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
The images of Zant and Agahnim weren't able to be forum posted, so I posted the links there. If you took the time to analyze the post, you would have seen that. You would have also seen "I hope you get what I'm saying", and I guess I set my hopes too high for you figuring it out by yourself. There are more important (bigger to their respective game's story lines, easier to fit into Smash, and generally more awesome) characters in the Zelda series like Agahnim, Zant, Midna, Skull Kid, Vaati, etc. If you want to go with a generic enemy/boss, fan favorite Iron Knuckle, who have appeared in virtually everygame of the series, seems more likely than a Redead, whom only appear in OoT, MM, WW, and TP (these are the ones I know, I don't play the handhelds that much).

Wonder why?
go back and "check" your links. those aren't pics of zant at all, only re-dead. I know what im talking about.
I read it, too, and I'm still not convinced...
just because you guys aren't convinced, doesn't mean that he won't appear in Brawl! he has been in a lot of zelda games, and is a common enemy. it would be nice if zelda had just more than one enemy in brawl, besides ganon.

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
rsc_930, you are begging to be flamed. if you hate this thread so much, just stay away from it. same for you shadow_caliber

FireBomb

Smash Lord
If Re-Dead has a chance, then Bomberman will be in Brawl for sure. WOO!
I'll refrain from saying anything about the idea. ...Except for the fact that Captain Falcon would finally have an Up-B buddy.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
rsc_930, you are begging to be flamed. if you hate this thread so much, just stay away from it. same for you shadow_caliber
Gee aren't we defensive. I don't hate the thread, if I did i wouldn't have clicked on it/replied. I'm just expressing my opinion (I thought that was allowed). I'm not asking to be flamed, i'm asking for someone to attempt to prove me wrong. Their are two possibilities. One is that you succeed in proving me wrong. Then we are both happy. The other is that you make it easier for me to prove you wrong. Either way, as long as we keep it civilized, there is no harm in an argument.

just name one reason why he shouldn't be in, besides "he's a generic enemy"
I'm not sure if this is the reason people have been badtalking the idea, but rather something that they came up with b/c they couldn't put their disagreement in words. Being a generic enemy doesn't make it a bad idea, just less likely.

I will try, although I do admit in your favor that it won't be easy.

Perhaps i should start by looking at the original poster's theoretical moveset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(
Here is a movelist for Re-Dead:
A-Slash L, 1% damage.
A,A-Slash L and R, 2% damage.
A,A,A-Slash L,R, and sucks life out of opponents for a second, does about 4% damage.

B-Life Suck-Sucks life out of his opponents, until they start to fight back.Does about 5-10% damage.
B + ^-Dead Jump- Bends his knees, and jumps up about 5 feet in the air. Does about 0% damage.
B + < or >-Deadly Kick- Kicks his enemies back with a deadly force, which does about 6%-8% damage.
B + down- Pinwheel Kick- does one left kick, right kick, then an uppercut kick. Does about 8%-9% damage.

Special Attack 1-Life Field- After Re-dead grabs the first smash icon, he opens his mouth very wide. He then starts to suck in air, and it turns into a tornado. He then sucks about 50 hp from everyone on the field besides himself. Does about 50% damage.

Special Attack 2-Cruel Intentions- After Re-dead grabs the second smash icon, he then grows longer, lanky arms. He then starts slashing and hacking at the nearest enemy, and destroys them within a few seconds. Does about 120% damage.
--------------------------------------------------------

Okay. Think about the last time you played Zelda, and picture fighting a Re-Dead. Like you said, they are extremely slow. To make them seem more undead, their arms hang low, and they are very sluggish.

Now imagine it jumping, double jumping, and then doing an up B (which is also a jump in your moveset). Imagine a Re-Dead dashing! The sluggish Re-Deads do not fit the agility required for Smash. It just wouldn't look right.

Next, look at your >B and vB. A Re-Dead kicking? Slashing with claws in your A attacks is pushing it already, but kicking is unacceptable. I will give you props on the corny puns though. "kicks his enemies back with a DEADLY force".

lmao

-------------------------------------------------------

I flat out don't like your special attack ideas, but that's not an issue since I have more faith in Sakurai than you. What i'm trying to say is, I think your moveset has had some effect on how I look at the idea of his appearance, which i'm sorry for. Also, be a little more specific (like on your neutral B attack. Is it a lunge-grab?)

If I were a designer and Sakurai was forcing me to put a Re-Dead in, i'd change some things. For one, I understand that sucking away life is his main thing, but wouldn't that fit better for his Grab? I'd imagine him to grab you, and then pressing A while holding them would make you "suck away their life", or really just hurt them like all of those attacks do. I would make the damage much better than all other holding attacks for the sake of originality. Also

Why

in the hell

did you leave out

the Re-Dead Scream.

If he's going to be in the game, he's got to have it. There is no disputing it.

-------------------------------------------------

So there, i've completely justified my original post. I have stated my reason for provoking you guys as well as why I don't like the idea (Re-Dead's purposely sluggish movement + limited attack possibilities + your poor moveset attempt).

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Gee aren't we defensive. I don't hate the thread, if I did i wouldn't have clicked on it/replied. I'm just expressing my opinion (I thought that was allowed). I'm not asking to be flamed, i'm asking for someone to attempt to prove me wrong. Their are two possibilities. One is that you succeed in proving me wrong. Then we are both happy. The other is that you make it easier for me to prove you wrong. Either way, as long as we keep it civilized, there is no harm in an argument.

I'm not sure if this is the reason people have been badtalking the idea, but rather something that they came up with b/c they couldn't put their disagreement in words. Being a generic enemy doesn't make it a bad idea, just less likely.

Perhaps i should start by looking at the original poster's theoretical moveset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. Think about the last time you played Zelda, and picture fighting a Re-Dead. Like you said, they are extremely slow. To make them seem more undead, their arms hang low, and they are very sluggish.

Now imagine it jumping, double jumping, and then doing an up B (which is also a jump in your moveset). Imagine a Re-Dead dashing! The sluggish Re-Deads do not fit the agility required for Smash. It just wouldn't look right.

Next, look at your >B and vB. A Re-Dead kicking? Slashing with claws in your A attacks is pushing it already, but kicking is unacceptable. I will give you props on the corny puns though. "kicks his enemies back with a DEADLY force".

lmao

-------------------------------------------------------

I flat out don't like your special attack ideas, but that's not an issue since I have more faith in Sakurai than you. What i'm trying to say is, I think your moveset has had some effect on how I look at the idea of his appearance, which i'm sorry for. Also, be a little more specific (like on your neutral B attack. Is it a lunge-grab?)

If I were a designer and Sakurai was forcing me to put a Re-Dead in, i'd change some things. For one, I understand that sucking away life is his main thing, but wouldn't that fit better for his Grab? I'd imagine him to grab you, and then pressing A while holding them would make you "suck away their life", or really just hurt them like all of those attacks do. I would make the damage much better than all other holding attacks for the sake of originality. Also

Why

in the hell

did you leave out

the Re-Dead Scream.

If he's going to be in the game, he's got to have it. There is no disputing it.

-------------------------------------------------

So there, i've completely justified my original post. I have stated my reason for provoking you guys as well as why I don't like the idea (Re-Dead's purposely sluggish movement + limited attack possibilities + your poor moveset attempt).
thank you *claps* we need a debate! I know, i know, the movesets suck ***, but i tried, and a whole lot of people don't even do that. His original grab SHOULD be sucking life out of you, which is better fit than on his b attack.

I gotta admit, you posted a pretty good and valid argument, a whole lot of people don't do that these days! *claps again and whistles*

okay, its true, that being a "generic enemy" lowers his chances, but he has better chances than master chief from Halo, who's owned by microsoft. He's owned by nintendo, which raises his chances a bit. Putting him on brawl is adding another enemy to the zelda franchise, so that would be 2 enemys from zelda, and 3 good guys (shiek is a half).

now, for his scream.....

Wow, i actually totally forgot about the scream! *smacks self in head*
okay, that could be one of his special attacks, like, replacing the 2nd special attack. That way, he could freeze the enemys, and the soundwaves will do some pretty intense damage. enemies in the air would die instantly, so is that better?

Yes, you are allowed to post your opinon(s) on this topic, and you shouldn't be flamed just for doing that. The guy that yelled at you for doing that, i apologize, in his lack of intelligence for doing so. Post anything on here, WE NEED A DEBATE!

I'm not sure if this is the reason people have been badtalking the idea, but rather something that they came up with b/c they couldn't put their disagreement in words.
Thank god somebody actually relized that! About half the population of Smashboards goes along with what other people say, and say something stupid as to WHY a certain character shouldn't be on Brawl. Example: Toad shouldn't be on, because he isn't a main character. NO DUH! Do you see any games named, Super Toad Bros., or Super Toad Kart? I don't, but he's fun to play with. Toad would be a good add-on, but we're talking about re-dead, not toad. Just an example.

Thank you for trying, not a whole lot of people will and/or cannot do it. *claps, yet again*

My friend, you have posted up a good and valid argument, and have facts and reasonings to support it. Everyone that posts on here, needs to read that first before doing something else.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
go back and "check" your links. those aren't pics of zant at all, only re-dead. I know what im talking about.
Oh, you're right, good eye. Wonder how that happened, I propably copied the wrong link. Anyways, the pics aren't important, I gave names of the people and reasons, so you don't really need the pics. so, do you have anything else to say about the post, or are the pictures the only thing you can make a point about?

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
gee, i try to break up a fight, and i get insulted for lack of intelligence:laugh:
oh well, now i know not to work at the United Nations:p

Top Bottom