• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Re-Dead for Brawl!

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
(mainly because McFox said so), i thought that this would be a good idea. I think that Re-dead is a good character choice. He may seem SLOW and STUPID, but he may be a top tier character! Here is a Picture(s) from Re-Dead:

Those are just two pictures that i thought were pretty cool.
Here is a movelist for Re-Dead:
A-Slash L, 1% damage.
A,A-Slash L and R, 2% damage.
A,A,A-Slash L,R, and sucks life out of opponents for a second, does about 4% damage.

B-Life Suck-Sucks life out of his opponents, until they start to fight back.Does about 5-10% damage.
B + ^-Dead Jump- Bends his knees, and jumps up about 5 feet in the air. Does about 0% damage.
B + < or >-Deadly Kick- Kicks his enemies back with a deadly force, which does about 6%-8% damage.
B + down- Pinwheel Kick- does one left kick, right kick, then an uppercut kick. Does about 8%-9% damage.

Special Attack 1-Life Field- After Re-dead grabs the first smash icon, he opens his mouth very wide. He then starts to suck in air, and it turns into a tornado. He then sucks about 50 hp from everyone on the field besides himself. Does about 50% damage.

Special Attack 2-Cruel Intentions- After Re-dead grabs the second smash icon, he then grows longer, lanky arms. He then starts slashing and hacking at the nearest enemy, and destroys them within a few seconds. Does about 120% damage.

Re-dead is a slow-paced, freaky zelda common enemy. In orcarina of time (nintendo 64 on Zelda), as you play as Young Link, you have to learn a new song for your ocarina. As you descend into the cave (or whatever you call it), you start to hear muffled moans, like, "uhhhhhhhhhhhhh"....Kind of creepy, if your playing this game when your 6 years old.....Anyways, the only way to beat a re-dead was to play the Song of Day, and it froze for a second. You then had to slice it with your sword, until it died. I still think that Re-Dead is a major zelda enemy, and has a good chance in Brawl. He may be slow, but he's powerful as Bowser and Ganondorf.

Tell me what you think and please comment nicely! Thanks! Also, McFox also said that he didn't think that there was a thread already

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
CHILDREN PLAY THIS GAME! This is the same reason I am against characters like Astaroth they would scare the children.
They can deal with it... and for Astaroth, i HIGHLY doubt that he will have a chance to get in...He's owned by Namco, which, i think is owned by nintendo.....but look at him, he has his HEART showing! Re-dead doesn't scare me that much...You people need to grow up a bit.... (no offense)

People! Before posting on this topic, please try to read this. Don't post anything about hating or scaring others by Re-dead, because this is cleary a post that want's him on there. So, if you don't have anything creative to add, then don't say anything please. You can comment, but not bad ones (or try not to say them at all)...Thanks....:D

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I don't think the "scary" really matters in this game, I think it'd be hard to really get the suspenseful feel from the redeads into SSB. Oh, and hey, the redead was already put in melee. Silly people. Melee was a teen rated game, and I expect brawl will be as well.
I have to say though, no offense of course, I don't see how you would think the redead would fit in Smash bros at all. To say that the redead is slow is a huge, huge understatement. To say he "walks slowly" is a waste of a perfect opportunity to use the word lumbering. This would have to be changed beyond reason.
The Zelda series has only shown the redeads using two moves- the freezing scream and the death hump. This is a case where I think it'd be weird seeing the redead doing anything other than that.
There are many other things that I could say against the inclusion of redead as a playable character, but really it looks like you don't want to hear them. So, hey, I'll make up a few positive things for ya.

The redead is one of my favorite Nintendo common enemies of all time. That second picture you showed just makes the redead look awesome. An undead skeletal zombie wearing a mask made of the wood of a coffin. Nice.
Also, I like the idea of having a character that has a move that sucks life away.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the "scary" really matters in this game, I think it'd be hard to really get the suspenseful feel from the redeads into SSB. Oh, and hey, the redead was already put in melee. Silly people. Melee was a teen rated game, and I expect brawl will be as well.
I have to say though, no offense of course, I don't see how you would think the redead would fit in Smash bros at all. To say that the redead is slow is a huge, huge understatement. To say he "walks slowly" is a waste of a perfect opportunity to use the word lumbering. This would have to be changed beyond reason.
The Zelda series has only shown the redeads using two moves- the freezing scream and the death hump. This is a case where I think it'd be weird seeing the redead doing anything other than that.
There are many other things that I could say against the inclusion of redead as a playable character, but really it looks like you don't want to hear them. So, hey, I'll make up a few positive things for ya.

The redead is one of my favorite Nintendo common enemies of all time. That second picture you showed just makes the redead look awesome. An undead skeletal zombie wearing a mask made of the wood of a coffin. Nice.
Also, I like the idea of having a character that has a move that sucks life away.

Thanks for being straight-up and honest with me...
and yes, redead is one of my favorite nintendo enemies of all time as well. and thanks for all of the comments! thanks for the "sucks life away" move comment. I think it's pretty cool myself! :D

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I don't think so. Re-Dead are just normal mobs in OoT that didn't even say anything. We got enough Zelda chars besides maybe Midna/Wolf Link but only that because it is recent and the best selling game on the Wii and was one of the best nintendo launch games ever.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
If you are talking about children and scary, The legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was E (Everyone) and that re-dead appeared, plus brawl is gonna be T (Teen) and about redead for brawl, nah i don't think so, he needs to stay in the box or barrel like in melee. ;)

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so. Re-Dead are just normal mobs in OoT that didn't even say anything. We got enough Zelda chars besides maybe Midna/Wolf Link but only that because it is recent and the best selling game on the Wii and was one of the best nintendo launch games ever.
One of the best launch games from nintendo? what about super mario bros (on NES), or super smash bros. melee? true, it is ONE of the best selling games ever on the wii....

Re-dead's weren't usually in mobs, and you could easily dodge them if you really wanted to or atleast tried to. Enough zelda characters? Here are the only zelda char. we have:
Link
Y. Link
Ganondorf
Zelda/shiek

There still needs to be another enemy from TLOZ, and Re-dead is a perfect candidate, besides maybe the skeleton's from The Legend of Zelda on the NES in the '80's....

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
If you are talking about children and scary, The legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was E (Everyone) and that re-dead appeared, plus brawl is gonna be T (Teen) and about redead for brawl, nah i don't think so, he needs to stay in the box or barrel like in melee. ;)
I still think that he is a perfect Zelda Character Candidate, and nothing can stop me from thinking so. You can tell me all day long about him being "scary" and "children playing brawl will get scared", but didn't the majority of the people that played the TLOZ:OoT were children? were they scared when they found a zombie on zelda? don't think so....

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Those freaky guys scared me in Ocarina of Time, I'd rather not deal with them any more than I have to. Tho, they weren't always scary, you know. In Majora's Mask, if you wore the right kind of mask, they would dance for you. But that's all they got goin' for them.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
You've got to be kidding me...

Of all the random Zelda enemies you could have picked, you chose a Re-Dead over an Iron Knuckle?

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Blah, Twilights Princess Re-Dead is better... Though, I think its a Re-Dead...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those monsters that wields a huge sword and screams loud at you Re-Deads???

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I must agree with the latter statements... of all the enemies in the Zelda series, you chose a Re-Dead? I could see a rupee being a playable character before a flippin' Re-Dead.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Here is an idea ganondorf could summon some Redeads for an attack.
nice idea, that would be cool...

Blah, Twilights Princess Re-Dead is better... Though, I think its a Re-Dead...
what part into the game? i have the wii version, and i'm at snowpeak.i haven't seen any re-dead yet to be in the game....

Generic enemy=No
True, he is generic...but you gotta admit, i made some pretty dang cool moves for him, huh?
Those freaky guys scared me in Ocarina of Time, I'd rather not deal with them any more than I have to. Tho, they weren't always scary, you know. In Majora's Mask, if you wore the right kind of mask, they would dance for you. But that's all they got goin' for them.
Cool.....I want them as a character, simply because they would be another enemy in the Zelda Domain, besides Ganon....Know what i mean?

You've got to be kidding me...

Of all the random Zelda enemies you could have picked, you chose a Re-Dead over an Iron Knuckle?
yes, i would, and what the heck is an iron knuckle? just curious! :D

I must agree with the latter statements... of all the enemies in the Zelda series, you chose a Re-Dead? I could see a rupee being a playable character before a flippin'
Re-Dead.
Yes, as i stated above earlier, re-dead is a good, better yet, a great candidate for brawl! that means another zelda enemy....even though he might be a little too generic.... and a rupee? be creative!

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
No offense, but the Iron knuckle's are a cool idea... You fought Nabouro when she wore Iron Knuckle armor in OoT... Greatest mini-boss Ever...

Anyways, the re-dead would make a cool character, especially if its eyes glowed when it drained health...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
You know what? That tourney ad at the top of the page for Swiss Twist looks a lot like a Re-Dead when you look at it carefully...

Anyways, the Re-Deads in Twilight Princess were a lot stronger than the other variations. They never had that huge weapon, making it seriously annoying when more than 1 were in the area and kept on freezing and hitting you. Stupid shreiking creeps...

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
That was Majora's Mask, not Ocarina of Time
it was OoT.....not MM
Man I had to post this...
What if a special of Re-Dead was Fearful scream. The next attack dealt to re-dead does 1/2.
cool move I think..
nice idea BlazeFox!

Blue Flame, the rupee was a joke, just as a Re-Dead being a playable character is a joke.
re-dead has more of a chance than a rupee ever will....even if it was a joke, still....

No offense, but the Iron knuckle's are a cool idea... You fought Nabouro when she wore Iron Knuckle armor in OoT... Greatest mini-boss Ever...

Anyways, the re-dead would make a cool character, especially if its eyes glowed when it drained health...
none taken....and what the heck is an iron knuckle? nobody's answered me yet! :mad: :mad:

and for the re-dead suggestion, thanks! that would be cool! nice idea! :D

People, please support Re-dead on this topic. If you don't, then please leave. thanks....

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
@ Blue Flames: This here is the Iron Knuckle, from the LoZ series. (duh) He would make a great boss.. :o

Re-deads? Yuck. I despise them enough from SSBM.. stupid things would always pop out of barrels and scare the crap outta me.. lol. But eh, who knows what Sakurai has planned.. they will most likely make an appearance in Adventure mode (if there is one), and popping out of crates/barrels. But playable character? (tries to imagine a re-dead jumping, recovering...wavedashing..) No, just.. no. -shudders-

mario-man

Smash Lord
Whoever supports this idea needs to check out your brain.

I have an idea lets make a bob-omb as a character..............Not!!!!!!!!!!!

(it would be the same as putting in re-dead as a character)

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman

Everyone has their opinions and who they would like to see in Brawl, you have to respect that.. :)

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice

dude, i made this topic, and thought we were friends....:(

Everyone has their opinions and who they would like to see in Brawl, you have to respect that..
thanks, and that is my opinon. do you really think he has a fair chance of getting on? he isn't a clone, but he's generic. so, if he were to be playable, his chances of getting in are about 5%.....
@ Blue Flames: This here is the Iron Knuckle, from the LoZ series. (duh) He would make a great boss.. :o
thanks for showing me, i didn't know! :)

Please, as i said earlier, if you don't support him on Brawl, then just leave or don't post at all...

mario-man

Smash Lord
Hold on!! There is a difference between main or sub main characters, and characters that would make no sense at all to put them in. If you want to say "Let's put in bomberman" or something, I respect that because he was the main character from his game, but let's not take it too far here.

I'm not discounting us being friends. Just think about it for awhile. If you can give me a serious argument as to why re-dead should be in Brawl, I may reconsider my opinion.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Hold on!! There is a difference between main or sub main characters, and characters that would make no sense at all to put them in. If you want to say "Let's put in bomberman" or something, I respect that because he was the main character from his game, but let's not take it too far here.

I'm not discounting us being friends. Just think about it for awhile. If you can give me a serious argument as to why re-dead should be in Brawl, I may reconsider my opinion.
dude, who ever said anything about main or sub main characters?
I for surely didn't!

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
CHILDREN PLAY THIS GAME! This is the same reason I am against characters like Astaroth they would scare the children.
They can deal with it... and for Astaroth, i HIGHLY doubt that he will have a chance to get in...He's owned by Namco, which, i think is owned by nintendo.....but look at him, he has his HEART showing! Re-dead doesn't scare me that much...You people need to grow up a bit.... (no offense)

People! Before posting on this topic, please try to read this. Don't post anything about hating or scaring others by Re-dead, because this is cleary a post that want's him on there. So, if you don't have anything creative to add, then don't say anything please. You can comment, but not bad ones (or try not to say them at all)...Thanks....:D
Forget the kids, Astaroth for brawl!

And as for redead, SSB is for icons of Nintendo (and some others), not generic enemies. If you look at every melee character and the 5 new confirmed characters, all of them are among the main characters in there games. The same cannot be said for redead.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Re-dead is not a main or sub-main character. That was the point of the post before I edited it.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Okay, do you really want me to? Okay, here goes!
Here's what i said about Re-dead at the beginning of the topic:

I think that Re-dead is a good character choice. He may seem SLOW and STUPID, but he may be a top tier character!Re-dead is a slow-paced, freaky zelda common enemy. In orcarina of time (nintendo 64 on Zelda), as you play as Young Link, you have to learn a new song for your ocarina. As you descend into the cave (or whatever you call it), you start to hear muffled moans, like, "uhhhhhhhhhhhhh"....Kind of creepy, if your playing this game when your 6 years old.....Anyways, the only way to beat a re-dead was to play the Song of Day, and it froze for a second. You then had to slice it with your sword, until it died. I still think that Re-Dead is a major zelda enemy, and has a good chance in Brawl. He may be slow, but he's powerful as Bowser and Ganondorf.
That was all typed by me...Here's some things about him from Wikipedia:

ReDeads are zombie-like beings that proliferate around Hyrule as a result of the magic of the evil being Ganondorf in the Legend of Zelda series. They were first encountered by the legendary hero Link, upon entering the Royal Family tomb and later dwelled in Hyrule Market after Link awoke from his seven year slumber in the Temple of Time. ReDeads are evil animations, arising in the wake of Ganondorf's ascent to plague the shadow lands of Hyrule. ReDeads were notorious for being one of the more horrific elements featured in games such as Legend of Zelda, adding an unexpectedly dark element to the game.
Here's more:

Attacking

ReDeads employ certain supernatural methods to attack enemies/prey. If a person makes direct eye contact with a ReDead, the monster will let out a signature horrifying shriek, one of the most blood-curdling elements of the game, and the victim will become temporarily paralyzed with fear. If a creature struggles hard enough, he, she, or it can usually get out of this mental trap. If a victim comes too close to a ReDead, paralyzed or not, the ReDead will jump on top of the prey, enveloping the victim with its limbs in a suffocating embrace. They then proceed to bite into the victim, draining its life energy. Only after struggling viciously enough will the victim have a chance of throwing off the ReDead.

ReDeads can be destroyed by most conventional weapons (sword, arrows, etc.), although some weapons are more effective than others. ReDeads can also be temporarily frozen by summoning light into a dark area (the most effective way being playing the Sun's Song on an ocarina).

If one walks slowly near a ReDead and makes no noise, it will not attack, as ReDeads are blind and rely on noise to lead them to their prey. It is highly disadviced to draw a sword or any other weapon for that case if near one of these creatures, for the simple rustling of clothes is enough to attract the ReDead's attention.
and more.....

Appearance

ReDeads were featured prominently in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and its sequel, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
A ReDead in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
A ReDead in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

ReDeads also appeared in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker; however, they looked unlike their Ocarina of Time counterparts. They sported a more ancient, tribal look (colored blue or green, e.g cabana basement ReDeads were tinged with green, while Earth Temple ReDeads were tinged with blue), wearing big earrings and tribal markings, and resembled a more gaunt, skeletal figure than the originals and had a different scream, furthermore, they didn't wear masks, and instead have a piercing gawk (see picture above). Also, some weapons are ineffective. Although ReDeads in this incarnation can be harmed by any arrow, it is inadvisable to use anything except Light Arrows because the other types do so very little damage. It will sometimes move, however, and continued attacking is necessary to defeat it. Bombs are considered to be very effective; three bombs can kill a ReDead outright, or the player can move in with the Master Sword after stunning it with a bomb.

In Ocarina of Time:, if you kill a ReDead or Gibdos, the others will walk to it and then crouch down or look down at it. Once it fades away, the ReDeads will walk to its original spot. This habit appears again in Wind Waker. A ReDead will not attack you when it is walking to the "corpse" but once it fades, then it will attack you. After the ReDeads returned to its original spot, it will turn around and stare at you as long as you are in the same room as it. Then it will try to walk over to you but if you are too far from it, it will go back to its original spot. ReDeads can be stunned temporarily by playing the Sun's Song.

In Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, ReDeads and their mummy counterparts, Gibdos, make moaning sounds. These sounds can be heard by the player if the player is in the same room or area as the ReDead or Gibdos. This could be to warn the player of the enemy's presence, since ReDeads are among the most dangerous enemies.
A ReDead Knight in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
A ReDead Knight in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

ReDeads return in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, now called ReDead Knights. They resemble, in fact, a cross between a mummy and a very bony zombie, rather than traditional Ocarina of Time ReDeads. They still immobilize Link with their scream, however, it sounds much more like a high-pitched shreik; and rather than jumping on Link's back in order to attack him, they hit Link with their large swords while he is stunned, causing him to lose 2.5 hearts. They are only found in two different locations in the entire game (Arbiter's Grounds and the Cave of Ordeals). In this game, ReDead Knights lie down most of the time; they are invincible while in this position. When the player approaches, the ReDead Knights will stand up (no longer invincible) and move quickly toward the player. ReDead Knights can be defeated efficiently and safely with the Ball & Chain, or with two Bomb Arrows. It was originally believed that if there is quicksand between the player and the ReDead Knights, the player is safe; but the exact opposite is true: quicksand does not protect the player from ReDead Knights, or any other enemy for that matter. The ReDead Knights can -and will- cross the quicksand in order to attack. Also, they are now invincible to light.
Okay, now do you believe my reasonings on Re-dead being in Brawl?
He has a fair chance, you've gotta admit that...... :D

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'd say that ReDead knight has a better chance. But yes, there is a very slight chance of it making it in Brawl. Very slight, but still a chance.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
I think re-dead has a slim chance, just cuz he's one of the main type of enmies found throughout the games. His scream is his signature, which makes him quite recognizable. I mean, alot of people would know what that thing is just by its scream...

creepy. "shudders"

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
I think re-dead has a slim chance, just cuz he's one of the main type of enmies found throughout the games. His scream is his signature, which makes him quite recognizable. I mean, alot of people would know what that thing is just by its scream...

creepy. "shudders"
nicely said and well put! *claps and applauds*
now, thank you for being honest with me, and i think he has a slim chance myself. About 5%, like i said earlier.

Top Bottom