• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know what track I always liked? The background music for the first Rayman 3 trailer. I used to watch that a lot as a kid on the official Rayman website.

Edit: heck yes, 800 posts, baby
Wow, never realized just how much this trailer actually spoils the game.

Still, it’s a really great trailer. Like with what I said about game ads I also miss game trailers like this.

No BS, just getting straight to punch and looking awesome while doing so.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I'd be surprised if chasing a dream isn't in considering it's a decently popular Rayman song

Also if they did a Rayman 3 track it'd have to be the magic hoodoo theme, that still bangs to this day!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'd be surprised if chasing a dream isn't in considering it's a decently popular Rayman song

Also if they did a Rayman 3 track it'd have to be the magic hoodoo theme, that still bangs to this day!
And this:

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
With all the hype around Simon Belmont and the potential edition of Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman's inclusion would take a lot of people off guard. Plus he was way popular during the Ballot days and is probably the most iconic 3rd party not already in the game. Ubisoft has been good to Nintendo and Rayman has consistently appeared on Nintendo consoles, even the Wii U, which was not a hardware supported by many developers.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I still think Land of The Livid Dead is the best track in the whole game, but it's not really something that I'd probably hear in Smash.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Personally I’m very attached to the Fairy Council theme.
Rayman 3 in general just has a great soundtrack. It perfectly captures the wacky, yet whimsical environment that is the Glade of Dreams.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Personally I’m very attached to the Fairy Council theme.
Rayman 3 in general just has a great soundtrack. It perfectly captures the wacky, yet whimsical environment that is the Glade of Dreams.
Man, I've never really payed that much attention to this one. The instruments in the background behind the main melody are what make it for me.

The entire soundtrack is great but in memorability it's like 50/50, some tracks stick with you like: Reflux's Theme, The Hoodstomper, and Land of the Livid Dead, but the other half is like... what even played during the Mechaspider boss? Or Hoodlum HQ I can't remember either. Again, not to say the soundtrack is bad.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Mona Pizza

Smash Cadet
I would dearly love to see the limbless one finally included as a playable fighter. I'm currently replaying "Legends" - the visuals, the soundtrack and the level designs never cease to amaze me.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I would dearly love to see the limbless one finally included as a playable fighter. I'm currently replaying "Legends" - the visuals, the soundtrack and the level designs never cease to amaze me.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
Rayman High Five.gif

KurouKamen KurouKamen this applies to you too since we forgot to do this for you.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
On the topic of music, a remix of this track would be stellar.
This just makes me wonder. All the tracks so far have been composed by unexpected people. Sonic composers making Splatoon music, Xenoblade composers composing Gangplank Galeon... You get the point I'm trying to make.

I vote David Wise performs Rayman rearrangements, please, thank you.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This just makes me wonder. All the tracks so far have been composed by unexpected people. Sonic composers making Splatoon music, Xenoblade composers composing Gangplank Galeon... You get the point I'm trying to make.

I vote David Wise performs Rayman rearrangements, please, thank you.
Dude, David Wise composing music for Rayman, even outside of Smash, would be an absolute dream.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'd pay to have Rayman music done by Grant Kirkhope, but I doubt they'll get any western composers in. It'd be absolutely mad if they did.
In all fairness Rayman is a western character, so if he ever was in Smash then I don't think expecting music from western composers is unrealistic. But I think you do have a point.

I also agree, I'll take either Kirkhope or Wise and be happy. (Or both but that's too much wishful thinking lol)

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, not to derail the current topic or bring anyone down, but somehow, despite my high hopes, I've been feeling a bit more pessimistic about Rayman than I am about other third-party candidates. I know part of it is me trying to be realistic, but still.

Whenever I skim through the other threads on here, or look at Youtube discussions, it seems like people just don't seem to talk about Ray or how awesome he'd be in the same way that they heavily gush about, say, Crash, Banjo, Shantae, Spyro & so on. Even beyond that, I just get this feeling that for as many potential elements going in his favor, there's almost just as much going against him. This could just be me, but why is it that the majority of people just don't seem to have as much passion for Rayman as they do for other third-parties?

EDIT: At any rate, here's another poll to show your support for. Luckily (& surprisingly), Ray marks #9 above the aforementioned others (sans Banjo), but I'm sure we can do even better then that.
http://allourideas.org/FinalSmashUlimate

Last edited:

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, not to derail the current topic or bring anyone down, but somehow, despite my high hopes, I've been feeling a bit more pessimistic about Rayman than I am about other third-party candidates. I know part of it is me trying to be realistic, but still.

Whenever I skim through the other threads on here, or look at Youtube discussions, it seems like people just don't seem to talk about Ray or how awesome he'd be in the same way they gush about, say, Crash, Banjo, Shantae, Spyro & so on. Even beyond that, I just get this feeling that for as many potential elements going in his favor, there's almost just as much going against him. This could just be me, but why is it that the majority of people don't seem to have as much passion for Rayman as they do others?

I think the same, they recently made the revelation of rayman in smash flash 2 and nobody was surprised to see it, also rayman is not popular in japan announcing rayman in japan can be counterproductive.

However, something very much inside of me that says Rayman will be added like playable character because he is one of the few pets to survive during all these years, also it can be a thanks to the support granted by Ubisoft.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Whenever I skim through the other threads on here, or look at Youtube discussions, it seems like people just don't seem to talk about Ray or how awesome he'd be in the same way that they heavily gush about, say, Crash, Banjo, Shantae, Spyro & so on. Even beyond that, I just get this feeling that for as many potential elements going in his favor, there's almost just as much going against him. This could just be me, but why is it that the majority of people just don't seem to have as much passion for Rayman as they do for other third-parties?
I get what you mean.

The reason we haven’t seen Rayman talked about too much is because there hasn’t been a happenstance where Rayman can get talked about.

Shantae is getting more talked about because of the Shovel Knight Assist Trophy. Crash and Spyro had/are having revivals. And Banjo, despite being owned by a competitor, is still a Nintendo character in spirit to many people, and him getting in actually doesn’t seem so crazy now.

All we really have to go off of is that it’s safe to assume that Rayman did reasonably well in the Ballot, thanks to his trophy in Smash 4, Artsy Omni’s “leak”, and Nintendo’s close relationship with Ubisoft. And most of those happened several years ago.

He’s kind of in the same situation Simon Belmont was, who was a popular request but didn’t really get talked about until all those leaks happened. Now that doesn’t mean he’ll be in the game, but it’s easy to compare the two.

Really, all we can do is play the waiting game. We don’t know if Rayman will be in the game as a fighter. But even if he isn’t, we still got a phenomenal game in store for us.

I and many others made their vote for Rayman in the Smash Ballot. And even if it leads to nowhere, I won’t regret that vote at all.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
^this.

I'm sure that if Verge or Loz81 mentioned Rayman at all then this thread would explode. Look at Skull Kid, those guys are catching up with their thread.

I guess the point is that maybe there's a good demand for Rayman but it's just a very quiet one. At least that's what I hope.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I could have sworn I was on this. Sign me up for Rayman support! He'd make an amazing addition!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I get what you mean.

The reason we haven’t seen Rayman talked about too much is because there hasn’t been a happenstance where Rayman can get talked about.

Shantae is getting more talked about because of the Shovel Knight Assist Trophy. Crash and Spyro had/are having revivals. And Banjo, despite being owned by a competitor, is still a Nintendo character in spirit to many people, and him getting in actually doesn’t seem so crazy now.

All we really have to go off of is that it’s safe to assume that Rayman did reasonably well in the Ballot, thanks to his trophy in Smash 4, Artsy Omni’s “leak”, and Nintendo’s close relationship with Ubisoft. And most of those happened several years ago.

He’s kind of in the same situation Simon Belmont was, who was a popular request but didn’t really get talked about until all those leaks happened. Now that doesn’t mean he’ll be in the game, but it’s easy to compare the two.

Really, all we can do is play the waiting game. We don’t know if Rayman will be in the game as a fighter. But even if he isn’t, we still got a phenomenal game in store for us.

I and many others made their vote for Rayman in the Smash Ballot. And even if it leads to nowhere, I won’t regret that vote at all.
I think you hit the nail on the head with your Simon point. As far as popularity goes, Rayman and Simon have been in a similar boat for quite awhile now, only reason Simon blew up recently is the leak, and nothing more.

Rayman doesn't have anything going for him right now, no reliable leakers are saying his name, and he's got no games coming. Point is, it's not that he's not well-liked, it's that there's frankly really nothing to talk about.

That being said, I'm pretty optimistic on his chances. I think the chairs are for SK, BUT that doesn't mean we should be discouraged, Sakurai seems really plugged in to what the community was asking for during Smash 4. Rayman may have not been up there with K.Rool, Ridley, or the Inklings, but that Artsy Omni leak got Rayman some serious exposure, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai took notice.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
I support and have for years, but it's seeming increasingly likely as of late. Rayman is entirely realistic, he'd fit the Smash style perfectly. Given Ubisoft & Nintendo's friendship lately, I'd actually be surprised if he didn't make the cut in this entry. With the Mario + Rabbids game, and Fox's surprise appearance in Starlink more recently, I assume there was at least a conversation about it at some point in Ultimate's development. I'm sure they're both very aware of the possibility and considered it to some extent, if he's not in already.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I support and have for years, but it's seeming increasingly likely as of late. Rayman is entirely realistic, he'd fit the Smash style perfectly. Given Ubisoft & Nintendo's friendship lately, I'd actually be surprised if he didn't make the cut in this entry. With the Mario + Rabbids game, and Fox's surprise appearance in Starlink more recently, I assume there was at least a conversation about it at some point in Ultimate's development. I'm sure they're both very aware of the possibility and considered it to some extent, if he's not in already.
Rayman Legends.gif

D

Deleted member

I have no idea why, but this theme always stuck with me from Rayman 3 and I like listening to it. I think that's why I love the Land of Dijiridoos (yeah, they're didjeridu) music.

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I have no idea why, but this theme always stuck with me from Rayman 3 and I like listening to it. I think that's why I love the Land of Dijiridoos (yeah, they're didjeridu) music.
This is another great one. Also has a pretty fun boss fight to go along with it.

The didgeridoo is used very well here, sounds very threatening.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I always thought to myself that the didgeridoo was Reflux himself chanting, because it sounded a lot like his voice lol. That entire segment of the game was horrifying as a kid. Not as scary as Jano's chase in Rayman 2, but scary.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hey guys, I previously made a joint support server for Rayman and Banjo, but recently decided it would be best to split the two.

If you wanna hang out in the new and improved Rayman Discord server, there's a link at the top of the OP!

Last edited:

SoraSaturn

Smash Rookie
Just dropping in from the isaac support page to say that rayman is a character I have been rooting for since the smash ballot. I have found memories of playing rayman 1,3, and origins. I'm rooting for you guys. Also I think a remix of band land would be awesome for rayman. Peace

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just dropping in from the isaac support page to say that rayman is a character I have been rooting for since the smash ballot. I have found memories of playing rayman 1,3, and origins. I'm rooting for you guys. Also I think a remix of band land would be awesome for rayman. Peace

And agreed, really rooting for a Band Land remix if he gets in.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I feel sad that I've played probably every single Rayman game/spin off except the original game.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I feel sad that I've played probably every single Rayman game/spin off except the original game.
You've played Rayman Garden? You absolute madman!

I'd only recommend the first game if you're into losing. A lot. But it's still an absolute beauty of a game with probably my favorite aesthetic of the series.

Top Bottom