• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Here’s a Statistical Fact

Each Company is virtually involved in Super Smash Bros Ultimate with a Newcomer except for 1-Company such as:

• (Konami)

Newcomer:
  • Castlevania’s Simon Belmont - Base Game
  • Castlevania’s Richter Belmont - Base Game

Mii Costumes:
  • Bomberman (DLC)
  • Goemon (DLC)

• (SEGA)

Newcomer:
  • Persona’s Joker - DLC

Mii Costumes:
  • Tails (DLC)
  • Knuckles (DLC)
  • Akira (DLC)
  • Jacky (DLC)
  • Persona 3 Protagonist (DLC)
  • Persona 4 Protagonist (DLC)
  • Teddy (DLC)
  • Morgana (DLC)

• (Capcom)

Newcomer:
  • Street Fighter’s Ken Masters - Base Game

Mii Costumes:
  • Mega Man X (DLC)
  • Mega Man .exe (DLC)
  • Proto Man (DLC)
  • Zero (DLC)
  • Monster Hunter (DLC)
  • Rathalos Armor (DLC)
  • Arthur (DLC)
  • Dante (DLC)

• (Namco)

Newcomer:
  • Tekken’s Kazuya Mishima - DLC

Mii Costumes:
  • Heihachi Mishima (DLC)
  • Lloyd Irving (DLC)
  • Gil (DLC)

• (Square Enix)

Newcomer:
  • Dragon Quest’s Hero - DLC
  • Final Fantasy’s Sephiroth - DLC

Mii Costumes:
  • Aareth (DLC)
  • Barret (DLC)
  • Tifa (DLC)
  • Chocobo (DLC)
  • Erdrick (Armor) (DLC)
  • Veronica (DLC)
  • Martial Artist (DLC)
  • Slime (DLC)
  • Geno (DLC)

• (Microsoft)

Newcomer:
  • Banjo-Kazooie - DLC
  • Minecraft’s Steve - DLC

Mii Costumes:
  • Creeper (DLC)
  • Pig (DLC)
  • Diamond Armor (DLC)
  • Vault Boy (DLC)
  • Dragonborn (DLC)

• (SNK)

Newcomer:
  • Fatal Fury’s Terry Bogard - DLC

Mii Costumes:
  • Nakoruru (DLC)
  • Iori Lowell (DLC)
  • Ryo Sakazaki (DLC)

• (Ubisoft)

Newcomer:
  • ?????

Mii Costumes:
  • Rabbids (DLC)
  • Altaïr (DLC)

• (Miscellaneous Collaborations)

Mii Costumes:
  • Travis Touchdown (DLC)
  • Cuphead (DLC)
  • Sans (DLC)
  • Shantae (DLC)

Out of All the Companies listed Ubisoft remains empty handed in Content and makes a Strong Statement of what CP11 could very well be.

Food for Thought if anybody wants a Statistical Guide in Rayman’s favor.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Just wanted to share this.

G-Star

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to share this.
This is true. But I hope and pray that he makes it in. It would be a dream come true, and I want to feel that rush of happy emotions the fans, like for example, Banjo-Kazooie fans, felt when their bear and bird got in.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
This is true. But I hope and pray that he makes it in. It would be a dream come true, and I want to feel that rush of happy emotions the fans, like for example, Banjo-Kazooie fans, felt when their bear and bird got in.
That's the feeling I've been yearning for the past 5+ years since the last character I actually was hype about was Bayonetta

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
For me, it was Banjo.
Yeah that's an answer a lot of people have. He 100% deserves to be there and I'm happy for all the people that wanted him. I was just disappointed personally at every character that wasn't someone that was on my wishlist.

Last edited:

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Rayman's my number one, but I grew up with the Dragon Quest series (specifically 3) so having the Hero from that game playable was something I never would have expected.

In hindsight it makes total sense, but it blew me down during the reveal.

Just gotta get that limbless lad in here and the game will truly be Ultimate, at least in my little world.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Rayman's my number one, but I grew up with the Dragon Quest series (specifically 3) so having the Hero from that game playable was something I never would have expected.

In hindsight it makes total sense, but it blew me down during the reveal.

Just gotta get that limbless lad in here and the game will truly be Ultimate, at least in my little world.
Rayman is definitely also my number one, but there are also two other characters that would also make me happy. (Even if I would still be really sad about not having Rayman.) which would be Phoenix Wright or Master Chief.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Rayman's been my #1 for a long time, but I've gotten a lot of characters who I really wanted in Ultimate like Snake, Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, Min Min and Pyra/Mythra. As well as finding a lot of enjoyment in the unexpected picks like Steve, Sephiroth and Kazuya. So I'm not sure about how much room I have to complain even if I don't get Rayman.

Though, if I do get him, I know that a lot of my friends will be mad at me for being lucky with my wants lol

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
The latest example of goal post moving that I saw was "Kazuya being added despite a Tekken Mii Costume already being added in a previous pack does break the pattern of the Mii Costumes from that company 'deconfirming' characters, but considering that it was Namco that helps develop Smash and that this is the only time it has happened, I perceive it to be an outlier and Ubisoft Mii's still deconfirm any Ubisoft character"

Literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Oh yeah and then someone else started calling him a 'neglected character' that would have no chance to make it into the game.

Even though literally Banjo Kazooie was in that same position before he got into Smash, lol. But I feel like that's something we've already heard thousands of times.

And then when they run out of arguments to use against you they just decide to insult you instead.

"Oh you're a 'brony'? literally cringe"

We're talking about Smash how does that have any relation?

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
isnt rayman technically always diffrent i mean the world, tone and Characters change Drastically between games!
Probably the best example is rayman great escape where he throws Lums instead of using his fists!

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
I think it's the same Rayman, but seeing as how the creatures in the glade are basically immortal, ages go by between the games, drastically changing the world while Rayman's sleeping.

Alternatively, Ubisoft doesn't really care about continuity in Rayman.
Nah, you're right, Legends specifically takes place a century after Origins, so there is continuity.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Wait, then how old is Rayman?
I have no idea, not sure anyone does.

There isn't much of a timeline. We know he's at least over one hundred years old, but that's not accounting for the time between the first three games.

That's one of my favorite things about him. He's a timeless magical being that appears when it's time to adventure.

Like, if they dove into the societies that exist within this realm, there'd have to be temples and shrines built in his honor and for the faeries and nymphs too, right? But we only see things from the paranormal perspective, not the mundane.

Edit: And this is all without even mentioning that there used to be an entire civilization of limbless people like Rayman before they all mysteriously disappeared between Rayman 1 and 2.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Like, if they dove into the societies that exist within this realm, there'd have to be temples and shrines built in his honor and for the faeries and nymphs too, right? But we only see things from the paranormal perspective, not the mundane.
I mean...

Plus all the mask... containers that had his O all over them and specifically reacted to him.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
I've read that too. Did he ever specify which ones? It'd kinda cool to see a Russian myth about a limbless guy that fights wizards.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
The latest example of goal post moving that I saw was "Kazuya being added despite a Tekken Mii Costume already being added in a previous pack does break the pattern of the Mii Costumes from that company 'deconfirming' characters, but considering that it was Namco that helps develop Smash and that this is the only time it has happened, I perceive it to be an outlier and Ubisoft Mii's still deconfirm any Ubisoft character"

Literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Oh yeah and then someone else started calling him a 'neglected character' that would have no chance to make it into the game.

Even though literally Banjo Kazooie was in that same position before he got into Smash, lol. But I feel like that's something we've already heard thousands of times.

And then when they run out of arguments to use against you they just decide to insult you instead.

"Oh you're a 'brony'? literally cringe"

We're talking about Smash how does that have any relation?
Sakurai still tried to include Rex even after he got a Mii costume. As long as the specific character didn't receive a Mii costume in this specific pass, I think there's always a chance.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Nintendo is the publisher of Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope in Japan. This means Nintendo is directly publishing another one of Ubisoft's titles in the future, signaling that their relationship is still going strong and boosts that chance of Rayman in Smash.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
They starting making Rayman Merch again and it looks like this
Remember Banjo-Kazooie merch being made in the middle of the DLC Development leading to E3, this is the first step in promoting an IP. Since there’s NO Rayman game incoming, there’s definitely promotional advertising happening for the Rayman IP for something mainstream.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Do you know if this is actually official or not? Honestly will be surprised if it is
DoomsMae | Mae da Goof 🎤🏳‍⚧️💖 (@doomsmae) Tweeted:
I just discovered there are Rayman T-Shirt's on the OFFICIAL Ubisoft Merch Store...
They all use Brawlhalla Rayman and look like ****, like what is this!? xd
#Rayman https://t.co/zArIF78IlA

https://twitter.com/doomsmae/status/1424144919602552832?s=20

It’s an Official Ubisoft licensed merch from there Website

Last edited:

AnAmusingFellow

Smash Rookie
DoomsMae | Mae da Goof 🎤🏳‍⚧️💖 (@doomsmae) Tweeted:
I just discovered there are Rayman T-Shirt's on the OFFICIAL Ubisoft Merch Store...
They all use Brawlhalla Rayman and look like ****, like what is this!? xd
#Rayman https://t.co/zArIF78IlA

https://twitter.com/doomsmae/status/1424144919602552832?s=20

It’s an Official Ubisoft licensed merch from there Website
Huh, so it is official

Surprised they've actually decided to make some Rayman merch, given how Ubisoft didn't even acknowledge his 25th anniversary. As for the shirt itself it's very meh, but it's at least cool that we actually have some new official merch for the franchise

Btw how silent were Microsoft about Banjo-Kazooie before the bear and bird got announced back in 2019?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Btw how silent were Microsoft about Banjo-Kazooie before the bear and bird got announced back in 2019?
To the point that when Super Smash Bros Ultimate was announced at E3 2018 they avoided anything mentioned about the IP (Super Smash Bros Ultimate) with only 1 last mention by Phil Spencer (Xbox Boss) when the first official trailer was revealed on March 2018. Which also makes sense because Nintendo and Microsoft we’re in a Lunch Meeting during E3 that resulted in a Deal struck for Banjo and Kazooie being added into the Game along with a Deal finally given the Green Light for Sakurai to work on Minecraft exclusively on Volume 2.

Last edited:

Nova7087

Smash Rookie
!Long post ahead!

I have been thinking about this for a while. Have you guys ever found it suspicious of how Sakurai never told us who was the #1 voted character for the Smash Ballot? The Smash Ballot had a huge influence on Ultimate's roster with everyone returning such as Snake and Wolf. And the ballot made K. Rool, Ridley, Simon (probably Banjo, Chrom, Dark Samus) and Bayonetta get included as Smash fighters. Speaking of Bayonetta, She was the most voted character in Europe and was apart of the Top 5 US votes. And she was the #1 worldwide voted character among negotiable and realizable characters.

However, there are characters that are way above Bayonetta in terms of ballot votes. Sakurai has said in an interview that there were characters that have bigger votes than Bayonetta, such as Snake. And Bayonetta was chosen to be a fighter two weeks after the Smash Ballot released, according to a datamine. They never showed us the actual votes when the ballot ended on October 2015. All this means that they're definitely more characters that were voted a lot more than Bayonetta. That brings up the question: After all of the character inclusions from the ballot that had higher votes than Bayonetta, who was the most voted character from the Smash ballot worldwide? It's strange that Sakurai has never told us about this after all the times he mentioned the ballot from Bayonetta's reveal and his interviews regarding choosing newcomers for Ultimate. My guess is... Rayman.

Why Rayman? It's mostly because of the infamous Smash 4 leak depicting a legit looking fighter render of Rayman. That Rayman leak was one of the most well done leaks that fooled nearly everyone. After the leak being confirmed fake by Artsy Omni (the maker of the leak), many people wanted Rayman in Smash even more. Both Smash fans that didn't know about Rayman and Rayman fans have seen that leak. Afterwards, they all voted for him. K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo had never had a fake leak about as legit as Rayman's leak. Also, Rayman would be the most voted character in Europe since he had much more time to get votes than another Europe favourite who's Bayonetta and Rayman games sell very well in the UK compared to the US. And Rayman was everywhere in western Smash speculation during the ballot timeframe (about as much as K.Rool, Ridley and Banjo) That would make him one of the top voted characters in the US. Rayman's votes from Europe and North America would make him a likely fighter inclusion for Ultimate since the ballot is the reason why many characters got in Ultimate's roster. All of this could explain why Rayman has missing spirits/incomplete representation in Ultimate. Xenoblade 2, ARMS, FFVII and TEKKEN all had incomplete representation in Ultimate yet look at where we are now.

Bayonetta was included as the last character in Smash 4 while being a huge ballot vote. Would Ultimate also end off with a character that relates to its strong ballot votes? I'm pretty sure the last character would make a lot of people hyped with barely any complaints and Rayman seems perfect for that. As of now, it looks like a common trend of Smash speculators are expecting another reveal much like Byleth. Everyone hyping up the last character only for disappointment. And Smash fans have realized for the first time that the Smash series are known for ending off their rosters with characters that didn't seem fitting for a grand finale. So they're all expecting the last character to be either a Galar Pokemon or the protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei V. That also relates to them relying on "patterns", like how they expected a highly speculated character to be revealed at this year's E3 just like how they revealed Banjo at E3 2019 (And Steve supposedly being revealed at E3 2020). These type of common Smash predictions are always wrong. I know there is a decent amount of people expecting the last character to be someone hype like Sora or Master Chief. They're also expecting Master Hand and Tabuu as well. I don't see Rayman being mentioned as the last character funnily enough.

Rayman has much more evidence on his side that aren't leaks and insider information as explained here. I have a fear that all of Rayman's evidence could lead to him being a Mii, but I'm 100% confident that Rayman is Challenger Pack 11 and I'm fully expecting that to be a reality.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
!Long post ahead!

I have been thinking about this for a while. Have you guys ever found it suspicious of how Sakurai never told us who was the #1 voted character for the Smash Ballot? The Smash Ballot had a huge influence on Ultimate's roster with everyone returning such as Snake and Wolf. And the ballot made K. Rool, Ridley, Simon (probably Banjo, Chrom, Dark Samus) and Bayonetta get included as Smash fighters. Speaking of Bayonetta, She was the most voted character in Europe and was apart of the Top 5 US votes. And she was the #1 worldwide voted character among negotiable and realizable characters.

However, there are characters that are way above Bayonetta in terms of ballot votes. Sakurai has said in an interview that there were characters that have bigger votes than Bayonetta, such as Snake. And Bayonetta was chosen to be a fighter two weeks after the Smash Ballot released, according to a datamine. They never showed us the actual votes when the ballot ended on October 2015. All this means that they're definitely more characters that were voted a lot more than Bayonetta. That brings up the question: After all of the character inclusions from the ballot that had higher votes than Bayonetta, who was the most voted character from the Smash ballot worldwide? It's strange that Sakurai has never told us about this after all the times he mentioned the ballot from Bayonetta's reveal and his interviews regarding choosing newcomers for Ultimate. My guess is... Rayman.

Why Rayman? It's mostly because of the infamous Smash 4 leak depicting a legit looking fighter render of Rayman. That Rayman leak was one of the most well done leaks that fooled nearly everyone. After the leak being confirmed fake by Artsy Omni (the maker of the leak), many people wanted Rayman in Smash even more. Both Smash fans that didn't know about Rayman and Rayman fans have seen that leak. Afterwards, they all voted for him. K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo had never had a fake leak about as legit as Rayman's leak. Also, Rayman would be the most voted character in Europe since he had much more time to get votes than another Europe favourite who's Bayonetta and Rayman games sell very well in the UK compared to the US. And Rayman was everywhere in western Smash speculation during the ballot timeframe (about as much as K.Rool, Ridley and Banjo) That would make him one of the top voted characters in the US. Rayman's votes from Europe and North America would make him a likely fighter inclusion for Ultimate since the ballot is the reason why many characters got in Ultimate's roster. All of this could explain why Rayman has missing spirits/incomplete representation in Ultimate. Xenoblade 2, ARMS, FFVII and TEKKEN all had incomplete representation in Ultimate yet look at where we are now.

Bayonetta was included as the last character in Smash 4 while being a huge ballot vote. Would Ultimate also end off with a character that relates to its strong ballot votes? I'm pretty sure the last character would make a lot of people hyped with barely any complaints and Rayman seems perfect for that. As of now, it looks like a common trend of Smash speculators are expecting another reveal much like Byleth. Everyone hyping up the last character only for disappointment. And Smash fans have realized for the first time that the Smash series are known for ending off their rosters with characters that didn't seem fitting for a grand finale. So they're all expecting the last character to be either a Galar Pokemon or the protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei V. That also relates to them relying on "patterns", like how they expected a highly speculated character to be revealed at this year's E3 just like how they revealed Banjo at E3 2019 (And Steve supposedly being revealed at E3 2020). These type of common Smash predictions are always wrong. I know there is a decent amount of people expecting the last character to be someone hype like Sora or Master Chief. They're also expecting Master Hand and Tabuu as well. I don't see Rayman being mentioned as the last character funnily enough.

Rayman has much more evidence on his side that aren't leaks and insider information as explained here. I have a fear that all of Rayman's evidence could lead to him being a Mii, but I'm 100% confident that Rayman is Challenger Pack 11 and I'm fully expecting that to be a reality.
You know... I have always wondered who was the top ballot vote. I just personally assumed that it would have been K. Rool or Banjo, but there's no concrete confirmation.
To be honest, it would be surprising for me to find out that Rayman was the #1 vote, but I understand where you're coming from in your argument, so I can respect it.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Is that Rayman merch new or has it been up for a while?

Banjo started getting random merch right before his Smash reveal...
This is definitely New T Products as most of them are Brawlhalla art that are categorized under the Rayman Legends category which is New from the Ubi Store, especially this weird looking Shirt being brand New and uploaded to the Store 5-Days ago
F5D1F5CA-E8C8-48D8-857B-10373B9B9DB5.jpeg

Last edited:

RaymanicRM

Smash Rookie
!Long post ahead!

Great points, although I don't believe Rayman was ome of the most requested, I can definitely see him being top 15 in the west. Top 10 in Europe most likely as well. Rayman has a bigger shot than most other people think altogether and I'd go as far as to say he's way more likely than some of the more likely characters people are saying. He's got a lot of evidence going for him and they aren't stuff to be shaking off

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Great points, although I don't believe Rayman was ome of the most requested, I can definitely see him being top 15 in the west. Top 10 in Europe most likely as well. Rayman has a bigger shot than most other people think altogether and I'd go as far as to say he's way more likely than some of the more likely characters people are saying. He's got a lot of evidence going for him and they aren't stuff to be shaking off
Even people in Japan who saw the fake Rayman leak were disappointed when they found out that the leak was fake, at least, that's what I remember hearing.

Nova7087

Smash Rookie
Rayman not getting in Ultimate wouldn't make any sense after all of his ballot votes and evidence that he has. I know Geno and Shantae were popular ballot votes and they go shafted as Miis but Rayman is owned by a company who has a really strong relationship with Nintendo and his franchise is arguably more big and successful than Banjo, who also became a fighter. Rayman would be included as a Mii along with Rabbid and Altair, but that didn't happen, strangely enough.

Even people in Japan who saw the fake Rayman leak were disappointed when they found out that the leak was fake, at least, that's what I remember hearing.
This should give some context to your comment.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Is that Rayman merch new or has it been up for a while?

Banjo started getting random merch right before his Smash reveal...
Oh damn that's right! 👀

As for Rayman's ballot placement, I'd wager at best he made it to the bottom end of top 10

Definitely one of the more popular 3rd party requests, but I think a mix of veterans like Snake, ice climbers, and wolf, and some long time requests like banjo, K.Rool, ridley, and geno kept him from being on the higher end of the top 10.

Top Bottom