• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
So, how do you think Rayman's future is looking right now?
For Smash? pretty ok, I like the look of our chances. In general? yeah it's definitely seen better days. The fact Ubisoft didn't acknowledge the 25th anniversary of the beloved franchise that put them on the industry, but went ahead and acknowledged the 11th of god damn Just Dance just goes to show the situation we're going through. If Rayman were to be added to Smash I can definitely see that changing though.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
It’s bleak in terms of a Video Game product
However in Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC its very Bright should Ubisoft not have a Playable DLC Character which is 0.1% will happen as Ubisoft has a very strong relationship with Nintendo and it’s Ubisoft Content

MattX20

Smash Hero
For Smash? pretty ok, I like the look of our chances. In general? yeah it's definitely seen better days. The fact Ubisoft didn't acknowledge the 25th anniversary of the beloved franchise that put them on the industry, but went ahead and acknowledged the 11th of god damn Just Dance just goes to show the situation we're going through. If Rayman were to be added to Smash I can definitely see that changing though.
It’s bleak in terms of a Video Game product
However in Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC its very Bright should Ubisoft not have a Playable DLC Character which is 0.1% will happen as Ubisoft has a very strong relationship with Nintendo and it’s Ubisoft Content
Yeah, outside of Smash, things could definitely use an improvement

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Like others have said, for Smash I'd say it's looking pretty good. Even if he doesn't make it in this game, his demand is only growing, so I feel like he's a "when" not "if". The problem is that when could be next game, 3 games from now, who knows!

Outside of that, yeah, this dark age is gonna last a little longer. There's been plenty of demand for Rayman to come back yet ubisoft couldn't even be assed to mention his anniversary. But if games like Kai the Kangaroo that had no demand can come back, I feel like we'll see Ray again someday!

MattX20

Smash Hero
I mean, why not? :ultminmin promoted a game that was 3 years old at the time.
Crash, Rayman, Shantae, and Master Chief/Doomslayer (since he's now owned by Microsoft) are by far the most high profile 3rd party characters left with a good shot in Ultimate's DLC lineup

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Crash, Rayman, Shantae, and Master Chief/Doomslayer (since he's now owned by Microsoft) are by far the most high profile 3rd party characters left with a good shot in Ultimate's DLC lineup
In relation to Doomslayer/Master Chief
1607174453486.png

Tbh it bothers me that some people are now like "Jonesy is 100% going to come to Smash." like they know its going to happen despite not being Sakurai or on his team. Like I'm of the opinion that no character, even the more likely ones, are a guaranteed lock for the roster. That's why people acting like a character is 100% confirmed based on just some one comment some developer said about Smash irks me.

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
God, can someone please tell this guy to **** off please?

Now I know what the Minecraft Steve supporters dealt with for so ****ing long.
1607186076871.png

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
God, can someone please tell this guy to **** off please?

Now I know what the Minecraft Steve supporters dealt with for so ****ing long.
Don’t bother Brotha, these aren’t actually smart people to engage with as they’re only small distractions. Besides we have enough Facts and Truths on our side with Rayman’s inclusion in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Is he the guy that leaked Piranha Plant?
Nah the guy that leaked Plant is refered to as VR Plant, and as mentioned, is from 4chan. Plantman's just some guy going through those years of adolescence where you're just a **** to everyone.

Edit: I stand corrected by post bellow

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Nah the guy that leaked Plant is refered to as VR Plant, and as mentioned, is from 4chan. Plantman's just some guy going through those years of adolescence where you're just a **** to everyone.
The name is actually from leaking the Smash VR mode and Fire Piranha Plant in Mario Tennis Aces, not Piranha Plant in Smash.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
That plant guy is hella known for being such an obsessive troll to the point that I've actually seen people wonder if he has special needs (nothing against special needs people or trying to show any ableism, just stating how bad he's made it for himself).

Definitely not worth talking to nor does hardly anyone take him seriously except other trolls.

MattX20

Smash Hero
You know all the alternate skins Rayman Origins and Legends gave to Rayman? You think those would be used as his alts in Ultimate too or not?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
-Raybox
-The four Rayman 3 powerups that change his colors
-Raymesis
-Rayman 2 Rayman

would be my picks
I'd love em to go crazy with the alts and choose em from legends but this is probably the most realistic timeline.

Hero is the only exception for them going crazy with alts really

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'd love em to go crazy with the alts and choose em from legends but this is probably the most realistic timeline.

Makes me wish there was more space for skins tbh. I'd love having Sir Rayelot, Mario Rayman and the Disco Rayman from the Rabbids. So much potential.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Makes me wish there was more space for skins tbh. I'd love having Sir Rayelot, Mario Rayman and the Disco Rayman from the Rabbids. So much potential.
I'm sure that'll happen next game, since there presumably won't be a puny dev cycle of only 3 years by that point. Granted, I won't expect to see the next game until the next new console (since that's how Sak rolls)...

That, and I hope the Spirit Board and music selection isn't stingy and they cover a good range of the series
Well, it's not Square-Enix, so we've got that going for us. At the minimum I would expect 1, 2 and Origins/Legends.

And even then they had to leave out a few due to not having enough time/space.

1495757582366.jpg

Maybe someday...

Although :ultsteve: also counts, though it was pretty easy to do in his case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom